News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Many more people, but also many more appearances. And there's plenty of opportunity for pieces to feature her as a reporter between pregame, postgame, and drop-ins given it's baseball and they need filler.

But I tend to think @Svechhammer is correct on this one: at a minimum, the Canes presence on Bally in the future is unknown, and hence the broadcast team's future is unknown. This gives Hannah a guaranteed job beyond this spring.

Did you miss the fact that she's joining another Bally broadcast?

It's not Bally hockey that's going under. It's Bally the overall company. So this doesn't guarantee a future any more than what was already there.

Besides, to my understanding, if the Amazon deal goes through, not much is going to change for the broadcast side of things. Amazon isn't going to hire 32 new broadcast teams. They're going to keep what's already there and simply change the logos/promotions.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I saw on Reddit that right now it's supposedly just 65 games with them over the summer. Apparently Ashley is also with the Hornets and is doing the same thing. It is Reddit though so who knows...
The OP of that Reddit thread is a good dude. Quality human being, worthy of admiration and respect.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I saw on Reddit that right now it's supposedly just 65 games with them over the summer. Apparently Ashley is also with the Hornets and is doing the same thing. It is Reddit though so who knows...
I really like Ashley, hope she sticks around with the Hornets a bit longer. Hannah is more easily replaceable

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I think hannah said on twitter she was joining the braves in the summer.

Edit - yep

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Does his forum name rhyme with metch scanner?
FCzMUL20U7LkA.webp

Reactions: Finlandia WOAT

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Did you miss the fact that she's joining another Bally broadcast?

It's not Bally hockey that's going under. It's Bally the overall company. So this doesn't guarantee a future any more than what was already there.

Besides, to my understanding, if the Amazon deal goes through, not much is going to change for the broadcast side of things. Amazon isn't going to hire 32 new broadcast teams. They're going to keep what's already there and simply change the logos/promotions.
Bally is going under, but there have been multiple broadcasts they have been rumored to be shedding in an effort to restructure. They have eliminated quite a few already, and the Carolinas branch is one that has been rumored as another potential casualty.

Does Amazon want all the Bally branches? Or just a subset? No idea.
Is Carolina's contract with Bally up soon? Again, no idea.

So yes, this could be just a case of a move up to a bigger Bally's broadcast, but it wouldn't shock me if the future of Bally Carolinas is in doubt. Or if Dundon is looking for alternative broadcast partners.

Am I reading too much into this? Maybe. But then again, Hannah's the only one who I think would leave for another job from the current Bally on-air group.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Looks like Hannah Yates might be leaving us for the Atlanta Braves
Ah, that's too bad because I enjoy her professionalism & reporting excellence.

It appears that Ballys will be re-branded and the team's rights extended into next year but I suspect from a pay and career standpoint it's the right move for her.

Wish her well.

Bally is going under, but there have been multiple broadcasts they have been rumored to be shedding in an effort to restructure. They have eliminated quite a few already, and the Carolinas branch is one that has been rumored as another potential casualty.

Does Amazon want all the Bally branches? Or just a subset? No idea.
Is Carolina's contract with Bally up soon? Again, no idea.

So yes, this could be just a case of a move up to a bigger Bally's broadcast, but it wouldn't shock me if the future of Bally Carolinas is in doubt. Or if Dundon is looking for alternative broadcast partners.

Am I reading too much into this? Maybe. But then again, Hannah's the only one who I think would leave for another job from the current Bally on-air group.
Sportico reported recently that an agreement took place with creditors & Diamond Sports is expected to re-brand and renew most if not all of their broadcast teams.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Someone smarter translate this for me.

We have 1 defender who gives up a ton of shots off of odd man rushes from high danger passes.

Its a guessing of who. Kinda

I'm trying to understand it better as well.

Doesn't it actually show that TDA is involved in (contributes to?) a ton of 5x5 shots off an odd man rush against (league outlier), but he's slightly better than league average w.r.t. 5v5 on ice shots off a high danger pass against?

Even if I'm reading that correctly, gotta admit I'm still not completely clear as to what it implies. What exactly does "shots off a high danger pass against" mean? Anyone here that can put it in terms even an idiot can understand?

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I'm trying to understand it better as well.

Doesn't it actually show that TDA is involved in (contributes to?) a ton of 5x5 shots off an odd man rush against (league outlier), but he's slightly better than league average w.r.t. 5v5 on ice shots off a high danger pass against?

Even if I'm reading that correctly, gotta admit I'm still not completely clear as to what it implies. What exactly does "shots off a high danger pass against" mean? Anyone here that can put it in terms even an idiot can understand?
The graph is inverted to show that the fewer odd man rush shots and high danger passes you allow per 60 the better the goalie friend you are.

Honestly its a fairly nothing graph as most players live within a couple of deviations from goalie’s friend except the very small number of outliers (tda). Its saying that he allows near league average high danger passes on odd man rushes but is well outside the norm of allowing shots. Basically he isn’t very good at shot suppression or breaking up shots with his stick. Which I don’t think is a big surprise.

At the same time its a per 60 thing and TDA hasnt got much ice time since his beginning of the year struggles. So no real chance to bring him back to near mean levels.

It’s something to laugh at because the scoring allowed off odd man rushes in the first 15 games or so was very high but nothing to really take seriously due to the sample size/ rest of the grouping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad