News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
just to repost this:

GMDW on Ray and Dregs with stories about the Miracle on Ice team.

We have 2100 cones put out a night, Ray asked who puts them all out

GMDW drew Herb Brooks for the christmas party. It was a gag gift type. He said he had bad acne at that point, so he got some acne cream. He, with help, bought Herb a whip. He said one of his teammates ratted on him after the party. He got the lecture of his life.

He said some things were fluffed in the Miracle movie but it was 95% on.

He doesnt like the goalie health issues have followed him. He and Ray were discussing using 7 goalies on a ATL Thrashers team.

The original plane that moved the team doubled as a prisoner transfer plane when they didnt need it. They would take out the coach class style seats and put in first class seats to move the team. Then flip it back when the State of Georgia needed to transfer prisoners. lol

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
just to repost this:

GMDW on Ray and Dregs with stories about the Miracle on Ice team.

We have 2100 cones put out a night, Ray asked who puts them all out

GMDW drew Herb Brooks for the christmas party. It was a gag gift type. He said he had bad acne at that point, so he got some acne cream. He, with help, bought Herb a whip. He said one of his teammates ratted on him after the party. He got the lecture of his life.

He said some things were fluffed in the Miracle movie but it was 95% on.

He doesnt like the goalie health issues have followed him. He and Ray were discussing using 7 goalies on a ATL Thrashers team.

The original plane that moved the team doubled as a prisoner transfer plane when they didnt need it. They would take out the coach class style seats and put in first class seats to move the team. Then flip it back when the State of Georgia needed to transfer prisoners. lol
Wow... How did I not know he was on that roster at one point?!

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It’s now March and after tomorrow have a much easier schedule except for 2 against Boston and this 3 game doozy in mid month (plus a home game against leafs too). I expect the 14th to be penalty filled:

1709321436455.png

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It’s now March and after tomorrow have a much easier schedule except for 2 against Boston and this 3 game doozy in mid month (plus a home game against leafs too). I expect the 14th to be penalty filled:

View attachment 827729

While the opponents might be easier, it's one of our busiest months of the season. And for some reason, we play games on Sunday a lot this month, which is way out of the norm.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Don't tell any secrets to Turbo....

I find it fascinating that after Turbo finishes tweaking KK, both switch to English to go back and forth. As someone that has tried and failed to learn other languages, that switch from their first language of the interview to English to fool around fills me with all sorts of questions.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I find it fascinating that after Turbo finishes tweaking KK, both switch to English to go back and forth. As someone that has tried and failed to learn other languages, that switch from their first language of the interview to English to fool around fills me with all sorts of questions.
My grandparents did it in german a lot.
I say some things in German when I get irrrtated with people. Especially swear words or shots

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The film crew is English-speaking and they are being polite, speaking Finnish only as needed for the purposes of the filming of the clip.

It's a not-uncommon complaint by foreign-speakers who would like to learn to listen and to speak Finnish that Finns are way too eager to switch to English when in their presence.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
What would you have liked to do if you didn't play hockey?

I'd like to be a lawyer.

Don't you have to be smart to do that?
:biglaugh:
Perfect deadpan delivery.

I hate to say it, but this video made me like Zegras more. I was in the crowd that wanted him punched in the face daily, but after watching him argue with this kid about making beds and knocking the water bottle into him made him a more enjoyable human to me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2