News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Anybody catch some of the scenes from the Caps parade today? Now that is a championship parade. I honestly am shocked they have that many fans. I mean of course there was some bandwagoners there I am sure, but the entire Mall of America was a sea of red jerseys. That was the kind of crowd Trump was wishing for on his inauguration day.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I don't know how to post from Twitter but saw the crazy story from Ottawa where the Karlsson's have filed a restraining order agains Mike Hoffman's long time gf, alleging she was harassing them after their child was stillborn. If true, what an absolute POS she is and a gigantic black eye on the franchise. Cant imagine they will both be with the Sens next year in camp.

Reactions: PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't know how to post from Twitter but saw the crazy story from Ottawa where the Karlsson's have filed a restraining order agains Mike Hoffman's long time gf, alleging she was harassing them after their child was stillborn. If true, what an absolute POS she is and a gigantic black eye on the franchise. Cant imagine they will both be with the Sens next year in camp.

Here's a link describing what was going on:

Wife of Erik Karlsson seeks protection order from Mike Hoffman's fiancee over harassment claim

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This is one of the strangest denials I've ever read:

"There is a 150 per cent chance that my fianceé Monika and I are not involved in any of the accusations that have been pursued (that are) coming our way," [Hoffman] said.

:huh: :whaaa?:

I mean, if you didn't do something you don't lay odds, you just say you absolutely didn't do it. Also, in the world of fictitious odds, most people skip from 110% directly to 1000%. Don't know that I've ever heard 150% before. :laugh:

Reactions: nyisles

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
This is one of the strangest denials I've ever read:

"There is a 150 per cent chance that my fianceé Monika and I are not involved in any of the accusations that have been pursued (that are) coming our way," [Hoffman] said.

:huh: :whaaa?:

I mean, if you didn't do something you don't lay odds, you just say you absolutely didn't do it. Also, in the world of fictitious odds, most people skip from 110% directly to 1000%. Don't know that I've ever heard 150% before. :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing about the 150% number, unless it means I (meaning Hoffman) 100% didn't do it and there is like a 50% chance that my girlfriend/fiance/woman holding my parents hostage didn't do it, lol.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I was thinking the same thing about the 150% number, unless it means I (meaning Hoffman) 100% didn't do it and there is like a 50% chance that my girlfriend/fiance/woman holding my parents hostage didn't do it, lol.
That's really funny, especially because you're probably right!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This is just brutal news. I don't know how any player could respect Hoffman if that's the company he keeps. She didn't just bully about the baby she said something about wishing EK's legs would get cut off or some BS like that. Just heartbreaking and real locker room cancer stuff.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Saw a photo of the girlfriend and I'm sorry to pass judgment like this but she just looks evil.What team would trade for a player implicated in something as vial as reported in the news coming out of Ottawa this could seriously affect Hoffman's career.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
While Hoffman's GF is totally f***ed in the head there has to be something that triggered her to go nuclear I would imagine. Unless you are completely without emotions you are not going to just go psycho like that on someone else.

There has to be more to the story. Just saying. Got the feeling all 4 of them have dirt on their hands with this.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
O'Sullivan on SiriusXM yesterday said that there's also friction between Karlsson and some of the other OTT players.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
While Hoffman's GF is totally ****ed in the head there has to be something that triggered her to go nuclear I would imagine. Unless you are completely without emotions you are not going to just go psycho like that on someone else.

There has to be more to the story. Just saying. Got the feeling all 4 of them have dirt on their hands with this.

Stay woke!

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Not gonna lie but I don't have the faintest idea to what "stay woke" means.

white-round-pills-isolated-black-background-61018132.jpg

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Not gonna lie but I don't have the faintest idea to what "stay woke" means.

You are remaining aware that things may go deeper than they are presented. Therefore, staying woke.

In all seriousness, I completely agree with you. There has to be something to spur a continued attack such as that that we aren't hearing about.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
You are remaining aware that things may go deeper than they are presented. Therefore, staying woke.

In all seriousness, I completely agree with you. There has to be something to spur a continued attack such as that that we aren't hearing about.

Considering the wives of several ex-Senators have said that they aren't surprised about Hoffman's GF possibly being involved, I'm going to guess that this is likely her issue, not the others.

Reactions: IslandersFan17

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Saw a photo of the girlfriend and I'm sorry to pass judgment like this but she just looks evil.What team would trade for a player implicated in something as vial as reported in the news coming out of Ottawa this could seriously affect Hoffman's career.
Shortly after the trade is announced that the Isles have acquired Hoffman for a 6th round pick in 2020, Lou calls Hoffman:

Lou: Welcome aboard Mike.

Hoffman: Thanks Mr. Lamoriello for putting your trust in me, and in my fiance.

Lou: Sure, but actually she's gone - going back home to the Ukraine.

Hoffman: What?! But she's not from the Ukraine!

Lou: She is now. She's probably in one of my safe houses by now. Cairns, Gillies and Hickey drove her to the airport last night. She had some second thoughts, but Hickey took care of that. See you tomorrow. Be sure to shave and be in a suit. Blue, with a white shirt.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Ahhhh so it's kind of millennial bs?

I'm 37 and terms like this make me feel like I'm 70.

If you're 37 you are a millenial :laugh: Most of the definitions use 1980 as a start and 1994/5 as end of that generation. Some go as early as 1977.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad