News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I'm pretty sure these dates are constant. It's just general public that mixes up Millenials with Gen Z.

There's various models, some with at least one other generation between X and Millennials. But I'll tell you this much, as a '77 baby, I ain't no friggin' Millennial!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
O'Sullivan on SiriusXM yesterday said that there's also friction between Karlsson and some of the other OTT players.

I'd be very surprised if he isn't traded at the draft.

Can't see NYI being in on it, however. Based on what Karlsson has said in the media about his next contract, I think it's a foregone conclusion that he is going to free agency like JT is going to do, and I don't think anyone affiliated with this organization (including fans) want to go through this again.

At that point, it only makes sense for contenders to go after him to use him for a Cup run, and hope he likes it there.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's amusing how the tune changes with the Dreger report that Marner's contract may be a 'battle'. All year long he's a God to Toronto fans and now he's crazy if he wants to get paid. Going from 6th gear into reverse is going to dry the motor. :laugh:

Reactions: Instant and SI90

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
It's amusing how the tune changes with the Dreger report that Marner's contract may be a 'battle'. All year long he's a God to Toronto fans and now he's crazy if he wants to get paid. Going from 6th gear into reverse is going to dry the motor. :laugh:

Isn't this a Leafs fans speciality? I swear they all are made to take a course in chaning opinions so they'd fit the chosen narrative of the moment.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
:laugh: Of course the picture is of the two of them smiling and with two cute dogs. There's no way that adorable sweet girl who owns two cute puppies and sits around in a beautiful autumn scene can be that cruel!

“ hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”

They’re capable of anything.

All I know is someone is going to come out if this with egg on their face.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
“ hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”

They’re capable of anything.

All I know is someone is going to come out if this with egg on their face.

I mean, maybe she (Monika) didn't do it. But it just seems weird that a]the Karlssons believe strongly enough she did that they'd seek that peace bond and b]not a single wife/girlfriend has come out in Monika's defense to say it's ridiculous and that's so out of character for her.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I mean, maybe she (Monika) didn't do it. But it just seems weird that a]the Karlssons believe strongly enough she did that they'd seek that peace bond and b]not a single wife/girlfriend has come out in Monika's defense to say it's ridiculous and that's so out of character for her.

I agree 100%

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Some of the leaf fans had indicated in their posts that they expected Nylander and Marner, to take team friendly deals so the Leafs can spend elsewhere and avoid cap issues. Sounds like management is also expecting team friendly deals.

I do not blame Marner's camp for balking at that.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Hoffman’s side
This thing is going to blow up in someone’s face.

Wow, that’s messed up. First I’ve heard of this. Really low brow to kick someone when they’re down like that, whether it was Monika or not. Though Monika looks like she has built-in crazy. And Melinda is much much prettier than Monika.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
That whole saga reminds me of the Kris Benson stuff, where a talented player might get derailed because of his crazy significant other. Obviously, a little bit different, but it's not all too often we hear about girlfriends and wives causing this kind of trouble.

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad