News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I was hoping the rags would him, and the islanders would pick him up, but islanders don’t want to be a winning organization, soooo.

This guy is a proven winner, but maybe he was just getting stale with the rags this year. They’d be fools to pass up an opportunity to pick up a guy like him as coach!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Are there any worse run franchises in the NHL?

Perhaps not.

But while some of you are up in arms a about the incredibly mediocre season...I'm more curious as to why everyone is expecting Isles mgmt to suddenly care about the team?

As a long time Isles fan, I've come to understand that the team will always be a joke. And as such, my expectations are always near zero. I'm never disappointed.

JT as an Isle or not...next year...we'll suck again.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Beer fraternity good old boys run club. Wang is a joke gave his bud a clause makes it impossible to fire him. Snows agent is a genius. Snow should write a book on kissing your employers rear end to get a career you dont deservebor qualify for and can never bevfired for. If snow knew hockey half as well as he knows business and scams isles would be the penguins.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Hats off to the Winnipeg Jets, they had the 2nd best record in the game this year, no one saw that coming

I am predicting the Avs will upset the Preds

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Kovalchuk to the Rangers is being reported. A friend told me that someone reported it would be $6 mil per.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
No you’re not.

I have a very strong feeling that Colorado pulls off that upset, I mean there is no logic other than the team with nothing to lose against the favorite

Nathan McKinnon came to life this year, there is no answer for him

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I have a very strong feeling that Colorado pulls off that upset, I mean there is no logic other than the team with nothing to lose against the favorite

Nathan McKinnon came to life this year, there is no answer for him
Then MacKinnon had better play 60 minutes a game.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Who is this guy? Is he legit? Also isn't there some kind of waivers process?

Team is in a rebuild and signs this guy. That is so NYRlike

Rebuild or not, it makes sense for them. He is essentially free offensive talent other than having to pay the salary/cap hit. If it works out, great, and Kovy probably helps take some pressure off of younger players. If it doesn't work out, I assume Kovy goes back to the KHL or he is traded, netting them an asset or two.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Then MacKinnon had better play 60 minutes a game.

LOL, they are so much better than I thought they would be, example of hiring someone from the Tampa organization and getting results.... and they rid themselves of a carcinogen named Duchene

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Who is this guy? Is he legit? Also isn't there some kind of waivers process?

Team is in a rebuild and signs this guy. That is so NYRlike

He's a solid source. No waivers process, he's a regular UFA on July 1.

Good for Beau, getting selected to the Canadian World Championships team.
Beau, Barz, Eberle and Pulock.
Isles becoming Canada's team.

You mean Canada's B or C team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad