News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Fair enough. I'll amend my statement: he's not signing with the Devils for the same exact reason he won't sign with the rags: he wouldn't have it in him to pull a Mo Johnston (if you don't get the reference Google it).

I get Rangers, for sure, but the Devils? I don't see any collective animosity between the Devils and the Islanders. (And no, I didn't have to Google it... Also, the two situations are different.)

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
We need to tank harder and throw our last game; NYR, Chicago, and Edmonton need to win so we can move up in draft position; and Carolina needs to win combined with a Calgary loss to improve one position with respect to Calgary's pick.

What a sad state of affairs to think like this.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
That sucks. he was the only potential free agent I thought would be an upgrade.

Have to figure a way to make a trade with Washington for Grubauer. If they keep Holtby and with the young Samsonov coming over. Grubauer is a RFA only making 1.5mil. Caps have to sign Wilson who is a RFA making 2 mil and Carlson is a FA so if they sign him they are tight against the cap.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Terribly sad news:

Canadian police said early Saturday that 14 people were killed and 14 people were injured after a truck collided with a bus carrying a junior hockey team to a playoff game in Western Canada.

Police said 28 people, including the driver, were on board the bus of the Humboldt Broncos team when the crash occurred around 5 p.m. Friday on Highway 35 in Saskatchewan.

14 dead in Canadian junior hockey bus crash

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Have to figure a way to make a trade with Washington for Grubauer. If they keep Holtby and with the young Samsonov coming over. Grubauer is a RFA only making 1.5mil. Caps have to sign Wilson who is a RFA making 2 mil and Carlson is a FA so if they sign him they are tight against the cap.
Grubauer is not going anywhere. Holtby will go this summer.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
My mind instantly thought back to the Swift Current Broncos bus crash in the 80s that killed 4 players (Joe Sakic was on that team). When I heard the Broncos, I thought it was Swift Current again.

Just horrible news.
I'm hoping all the games today feature a moment of silence and the NHL (league or players) does something to help those families out.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Garf and Doug should have been fired mmediately after last nights game.

Instead, the rags fire Vigneault less than 24 hours after their last game for missing playoffs once in 5 years.

Isles will retain Garf and DW for winning last 3 games.

Another kick in the face to Isles fans.

Reactions: 12Dog and TavHoSang

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
From Staple:

"Exit meetings begin on Sunday morning. There's been no indication at all from inside or outside the organization that anyone other than Garth Snow and Weight will be leading those meetings, which is usually a sign that the GM and coach will be back."

"For now, early on Sunday morning, the Islanders seem to be proceeding as usual. More to come once things get rolling at Northwell Health Ice Center in a few hours."

Staple: Islanders close out the season with a few personal...

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
not even sure Vigneaut should be fired because of 1 poor season. Regardless, it is just so infuriating that other organizations demand excellence from their management where as we simply don't.

Reactions: 12Dog

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
From Staple:

"Exit meetings begin on Sunday morning. There's been no indication at all from inside or outside the organization that anyone other than Garth Snow and Weight will be leading those meetings, which is usually a sign that the GM and coach will be back."

"For now, early on Sunday morning, the Islanders seem to be proceeding as usual. More to come once things get rolling at Northwell Health Ice Center in a few hours."

Staple: Islanders close out the season with a few personal...
Well that’s a HUGE disappointment.

Reactions: beach

islesfan66

Nov 6, 2013
maybe if we spent $ to put a billboard up ownership would realize we are sick of this mediocrity .... oh wait they don't care at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad