Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
We can pretty much start preparing for the offseason. My wish list

1) Re-Sign Tavares
2) Fire Snow, Hire Lombardi
3) Draft 2 blue chippers in the first round. Don’t miss
4) Convince Sorokin to come over and buy out his KHL contract.
How ironic would it be to hire Lombardi? Wang tried to hire him before he hired Snow , but unlike Snow,Lombardi wanted no part of Wang's GM by committee scheme.

Reactions: SI90

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I read the Hurricane are putting their GM search on hold due to a lack of candidates. Hopefully this changes by season's end. It seems assistants of playoff bound teams can't/don't want to be interviewed now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I read the Hurricane are putting their GM search on hold due to a lack of candidates. Hopefully this changes by season's end. It seems assistants of playoff bound teams can't/don't want to be interviewed now.

But I thought they were an example of how it could be done mid-season!

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
But I thought they were an example of how it could be done mid-season!

Everything seems so easy on hockey future. If they don't get a replacement until after the playoffs you wonder how that will impact their draft and free agency prep. I still want Snow gone but next season's team might look a lot like this season's especially if Tavares resigns.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Lots of very good games tonight, hopefully some of you guys have the center ice package

TBL vs Bos
Sharks vs. PREDS
PITT vs Devils

Hockey really is the greatest game, I've really missed hard nosed skilled strong defensive play, fast paced games...hopefully we get back to thus level of play at some point in the NEAR future :skeptic:

Last edited:

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
This Boston TBL game is must see TV, has a ltitle bit of everything, even Tuuka Rask pulling his best Billy Smith impersonation...

Boston with a big win to take over 1dt in the conference

Reactions: thegoldenyear

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Boston just thrashing poor Florida. Think the Cats're finally bleeding out. The masochist in me would love to watch Boston play us; even when things are going well they're a baaad matchup...Crappy's final Islander win notwithstanding.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
A couple of classy guys that will be missed.

Vancouver will have plenty of cap room and a need for a veteran or two. Ladd is a local guy. Please make it happen. Please please please

If that happened, that would be like hitting the lottery...more likely that veteran forward would be #91

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
A couple of classy guys that will be missed.

Vancouver will have plenty of cap room and a need for a veteran or two. Ladd is a local guy. Please make it happen. Please please please

Sure... after the Isles win the first and second picks overall then they can trade...

2nd overall, Dal Colle, a D prospect, Ladd

For

6th overall and useful bottom six player

Dahlin and Dobson. Double D-efense! :)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You realise they are going to need room to pay Taylor Hall after (IIRC) next year right? And you can bet your ass that he's going to get a similar amount per year to what JT gets.

Hall's under contract for two more years (not including this current season). They also have about $25 million in cap space available this summer, so it's not like they're tight against the cap.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hall's under contract for two more years (not including this current season). They also have about $25 million in cap space available this summer, so it's not like they're tight against the cap.
Fair enough. I'll amend my statement: he's not signing with the Devils for the same exact reason he won't sign with the rags: he wouldn't have it in him to pull a Mo Johnston (if you don't get the reference Google it).

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You realise they are going to need room to pay Taylor Hall after (IIRC) next year right? And you can bet your ass that he's going to get a similar amount per year to what JT gets.
A good GM like Ray shero can find room for both of those contracts. You can always trade a mid level contract like Grabner’s for example.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Fair enough. I'll amend my statement: he's not signing with the Devils for the same exact reason he won't sign with the rags: he wouldn't have it in him to pull a Mo Johnston (if you don't get the reference Google it).
He’s not signing with the Rags because they are nowhere near contending soon and they still have a large commitment in money and term to Lundqvist. JT doesn’t put the Rags over the top, but he could put the Devils over the top. It’s a good fit for Tavares in New Jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad