News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2017-18 Edition PART I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Someone hasn't been paying attention to the news lately.

He hasn't been convicted of anything. I never said I liked him as a person. I do like him as an owner who cares about his team and is willing to invest in the team. My wife watches shark tank and I can't stand Cuban on that show.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
He hasn't been convicted of anything. I never said I liked him as a person. I do like him as an owner who cares about his team and is willing to invest in the team. My wife watches shark tank and I can't stand Cuban on that show.
he's a bit self-absorbed, kind of obnoxious, no different than Snow. Maybe a little wealthier and successful but that's debatable :)

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

Cuban is irritating on that show, he is a 60 year old man trying to act cool with hip phrases and because he is a "name" the entrepreneurs clamor to him... Mr Wonderful makes that show

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Was at Panthers/Rags last night. Panthers IMO are just a team who is hot. I’ve watched several of their games and defensively they’ve still been blowing tons of leads in those games and let the Rangers anemic offense really work them down low the 2nd half of the game last night. I’m inclined to think they still won’t get in but I would sort of like to see those NBC heads explode with an all Florida series

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Seeing other teams gearing up for the playoffs really sucks. This is it for L&M. If they don’t clean house this offseason it’s clear that this team isn’t run seriously and will probably never win shit.

If Snow and weight survive, we may as well all go root for a different team

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Seeing other teams gearing up for the playoffs really sucks. This is it for L&M. If they don’t clean house this offseason it’s clear that this team isn’t run seriously and will probably never win ****.

If Snow and weight survive, we may as well all go root for a different team
In the year 2525 If (Islanders) are still alive if (Malkin/Ledecky) can survive we may find?
Couldn't resist.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Rags come back vs Pens, get at least a point...my two teams I hate the most

If the Rags finish ahead of the Isles, after giving away as many assets as possible, that alone is a reason for Garth is be fired

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Rags come back vs Pens, get at least a point...my two teams I hate the most

If the Rags finish ahead of the Isles, after giving away as many assets as possible, that alone is a reason for Garth is be fired

As much as I hate to say it, we're better off if they finish ahead of us. Every percentage point counts come the draft, and if it gets this regime fired all the better.

As of right now, there are 4 teams behind the Islanders in the western conference, 1 of whom has a decent chance to pass us (Chicago) and 1 of whom who has a very outside shot (EDM).

In the East there are 4 teams behind us, with three teams with very long odds of passing us. To this end, the Isles are in 9th place in terms of odds. There's a decent chance they finish in 8th, and a very very very slim chance they end up as high as 4th.

The Flames (if they miss) are pretty much locked into anywhere from 13-15 in terms of odds.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
As much as I hate to say it, we're better off if they finish ahead of us. Every percentage point counts come the draft, and if it gets this regime fired all the better.

As of right now, there are 4 teams behind the Islanders in the western conference, 1 of whom has a decent chance to pass us (Chicago) and 1 of whom who has a very outside shot (EDM).

In the East there are 4 teams behind us, with three teams with very long odds of passing us. To this end, the Isles are in 9th place in terms of odds. There's a decent chance they finish in 8th, and a very very very slim chance they end up as high as 4th.

The Flames (if they miss) are pretty much locked into anywhere from 13-15 in terms of odds.

Agree but my god, what else would Snow have to do (& not do) to be fired...it's mind boggling how this guy has survived this long and if he lasts after this year, Ledecky better choose wisely on what drinking establishments he goes to on the road and meet Islander fans.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Fleury allows 4 goals on 11 shots to the f***ing Devils tonight. What the f*** is with these west teams? The Devils couldnt buy a win and then they beat Nashville and now they are trouncing Vegas in Vegas. Want the Devils to miss the playoffs, so its really annoying. These supposed west powerhouses should be killing them.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Pretty stunning that Vancouver has gone three straight games without a goal. 10 straight periods without a score.

And their farm team has been shut out three times in its last five games. There's no scoring in that organization.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Pretty stunning that Vancouver has gone three straight games without a goal. 10 straight periods without a score.

And their farm team has been shut out three times in its last five games. There's no scoring in that organization.

Boeser will make up for that.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

There's teams who are bad and then teams that quit. That's the only way you can explain that.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Evander Kane, 4 goals and counting, doing the Isles a solid tonight

We can pretty much start preparing for the offseason. My wish list

1) Re-Sign Tavares
2) Fire Snow, Hire Lombardi
3) Draft 2 blue chippers in the first round. Don’t miss
4) Convince Sorokin to come over and buy out his KHL contract.

Reactions: eoin92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad