Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Ottawa Senators - December 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Let's f***ing transition then. KZB, MHZ, VF, trade Grabner, Nash, Holden at the deadline, have the season go absolutely downhill after the deadline, land around the 8th to 10th overall pick and have a shot at Dahlin, fire AV, buyout Staal, Start next season McDonagh-Smith, Shattenkirk-Skjei, whoever develops the best with ADA, Andersson, Chytil comes up, sign 2 depth guys and have at her.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
That poor Garden of Dreams kid holding Ron Duguay's autographed picture encapsulates all of us after watching this team the last couple of games.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
We lost on Garden of Dreams night last year too. Maybe the one before that as one.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This game to follow up that effort against Dallas is an absolute joke.

Ottawa was in the second night of a back to back in which they lost the first game to Buffalo! Holy hell. What an embarrassing loss for the Rangers.

I called this. I know the Rangers under AV too well. Here’s my post last night about this game:

Sens look like toast, Boucher on the hot seat.

What’s that? The Rangers come to town tomorrow? A team that constantly lets inferior teams get leads on them and fails to show up early in games? Could be just what the doctor ordered for the Sens.

I can already see it too clearly. We come out horribly in the first and get badly outplayed. Let the Sens control the pace of the game and just give it to them on a silver platter.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Ottawa was in the second night of a back to back in which they lost the first game to Buffalo! Holy hell. What an embarrassing loss for the Rangers.

I called this. I know the Rangers under AV too well. Here’s my post last night about this game:

Yup. A terrible loss. Infuriating.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

I remember. I saw when you posted it and thought that I could have posted it word for word. It was so easy to see this coming.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Something in me always makes me think, no, not this time. This time will be different, Rangers are pissed after that game against Dallas, big statement game coming up.
Statement was made, just the wrong one.

I was glad Zib was not rushed back. Just wish he could have been playing. I almost forget what the Rangers look like with him skating. Not that that is the silver bullet with the defensive stuff going on.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV somehow need to be responsible for the team not showing up for long stretches here and the captain. But this loss was not on Ryan Mc. I thought he had a good game tonight.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Just a putrid effort.

Ottawa is in a tailspin. The players are slumping, nervous and basically so rattled that them going down 1-0 in the first would’ve sent them into panic mode. Also the second night of a back to back to boot.

Instead of feeding off that very obvious fact, the Rangers come out tentative. Content to let the inferior train wreck of a team dictate the pace of play and get an early goal. Pathetic. Ottawa stinks. That’s their second win in FOURTEEN GAMES. And the Rangers gave them so much respect and just let them control the game.

Absolutely pitiful.

But Av will talk about how we had some good looks and how Hank could’ve made a save or whatever. Just acting like the very real effort and motivation problems aren’t there.

They miss Mika badly, but they needs to overcome this.

Shatty can make that unforced turnover on the first goal. Smith can’t make the unforced mistakes (losing pick, then his stick then his man and then screening shank) he made on the second goal. Shatty and Skjei can’t both chase the man behind the net on the third goal and JT needs to tie his man up and not just stand next to him.

These are JV mistakes these guys are making. They are absolutely inexcusable mistakes against the second worst team in the league on the second night of a back to back. Disgusting.

Reactions: Nickmo82

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It never really happens for me usually, with most losses, but I might just skip the next game against the Sens. Just no enjoyment.

If Ottawa was called for all of their bull**** off the puck, the games would be much more enjoyable.

Guy Boucher is a disease on hockey.

The Rangers weren't outplayed or outworked or out-anythinged, except out trapped. It is so damn frustrating against that bunch. Make three mistakes all night and the puck ends up past Lundqvist. And, Hank wasn't bad, but he didn't make THAT SAVE to cover a breakdown. The first goal especially. Yes, it was a "turnover", but it happened near Ottawa's blue line, and the coverage wasn't awful. Hank needed to make that save.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The effort is a reflection of the coach. The players dont fear him and they do not respect him. They constantly do not show up and he doesnt have the veteran leadership on the ice to support him such as Richards and St.Louis. And maybe those guys didnt support him but they held the team together. McDonagh surely does not do that. He never has.

Oh and JT Miller is by far the worst forward on the ice. I really think he is braindead

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If they can't beat Ottawa when they are on a back to back how are they going to beat LA, Boston, Washington, NJ, and Toronto the next 2 weeks?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Was not liking Shattenkirk or Smith in this one. Holden is not playing well enough either. Rangers are really missing Zibanejad. We need him back. Hayes and Nash--yeah sometimes they get chances but they're not finishing nearly enough.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad