Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Nashville Predators - February 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It has nothing to do with hurting their players my point is if you continue to let people hurt your players you won't be able to win. We all want to win. Players had been policing themselves for a long time. It's starting to stop . Now we're seeing more injuries.

We are not seeing more injuries. That’s absurd.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The era of the enforcer is over. There’s no point in arguing that.

However, as a team, the Rangers are neither intimidating or assertive.

This team just looks like a group that is ready to be dictated to.
Yep. Pudding soft team..it is what it is...you want toughness...you need a new coach not a goon.

There are more than enough big bodies to be a physically imposing team.

Only 1 player in our roster consistently finishes his checks and punishes people every shift.

And that's jesper frigging fasth...maybe the 3rd smallest guy on our team.

This is a coaching thing not a personnel thing.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
We should have a thread: the game that AV lost you.

For me it was game 7 against the Lightning in '15. Worst coached game of all time, from dressing #27 with his injury to getting shut out at home under constant pressure with no response (something that has become very familiar over the past seasons). Also playing Dan Boyle at F/D in some first time attempted scheme.

He lost me in the Pens series when we went down 3-1 and (Bc coming back obviously made me question my reaction) re-confirmed my loss in the Stanley cup.

Countless blown games and series later and we're still here.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
We are not seeing more injuries. That’s absurd.

No it's not .your response is going to be oh there being reported more. More guys are willing to say their getting concussions whatever. More guys are taking shots because they're getting away with . No one is worried about DOPS.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Look at the days of Gretz .No one was taking shots at Him because they knew they'd have to answer the bell from anyone of those players . Especially while he was in Edm and LA

Which was more of a deterrent? Answering the bell from Semenko or Messier? Or having to face an Oilers powerplay that was absolutely lethal, even without Gretzky.

It’s revisionist history anyway. Teams tried everything to stop Gretzky, even intimidation and physical play. None of it worked.

Reactions: Inferno

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
No it's not .your response is going to be oh there being reported more. More guys are willing to say their getting concussions whatever. More guys are taking shots because they're getting away with . No one is worried about DOPS.

No, my response is that the number of injuries hasn’t gone up.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Gretzky never played in the dirty areas either. You never saw tgo in the slot...always behind the net or on the half wall. Never put himself in a position to be killed...he was a soft player but that's ok..because he was legitimately the best we at everything else under the sun other than physicality.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Gretzky never played in the dirty areas either. You never saw tgo in the slot...always behind the net or on the half wall. Never put himself in a position to be killed...he was a soft player but that's ok..because he was legitimately the best we at everything else under the sun other than physicality.

Even if he was in a vulnerable position, he was also one of the most elusive players in the game. You could try to hit him. More than likely you wouldn’t succeed.

And there’s really no questioning Gretzky’s mental toughness.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Hopefully Vesey is okay. He's gotten beat up a lot in his young career.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm torn. I agree with Tawnos and NoPuckLuck about fighting or scoring goals to respond to the cheap stuff. EITHER way the team would have shown SOME kind of life. We got neither. They are totally inept.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Didn't he have Mess on his wing there for a while before Mess started playing center? Not sure if my memory serves me. Mess was a tough mother effer.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I got flamed for saying this yesterday! I agree.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
The Rangers got an ass kicking last night. Back to back games against two of the top teams in the NHL. It won't close as the score indicated. The Rangers are a soft little team. Nashville ***** slapped them last night. The Rangers had eight shots on the goal through the first two periods. There is so much work to do for this management team.

Bitch slapped is literally the best words to describe it. The rangers looked like an ahl team last night.

The players look like the aren't even trying to play. The entire roster sans Carey and grabner have given up on the coach.

Also, mcdonagh looks like he is very torn on the inside... I think everyone knows their time in the country club if up, including av

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Great. Except again, beating up the opposition after your players are already hurt doesn’t prevent that.
No, but it might make the next team think twice about trying the same tactic. If I'm Dallas I run the crap out of the Rangers on Monday. Why not? So far they haven't proven able to stick up for themselves or deal with it very well.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It wasn't 1 game for me. 3 years ago I started noticing disturbing trends...total reliance on goaltending on the defensive zone....defenseman frequently and inexplicably at the points...the slot being left side open...an inability to sustain offensive zone pressure and relying far too much in breakaways and odd man rushes. The need to play deficient players like girardi and glass big time minutes. The idiotic trend of pairing his worst defenseman with his best defenseman. Spreading the ice time out evenly even when it's clear 1 line is flying and the other 3 are sucking. Switching lines that are clearly dominating to try to jump start other lines rather than riding the hot hand and trying to figure out the other lines without effing up what's working. Playing yandle on the 2nd pp....like....why? Saying 1 thing and completely doing something else
..for example...I need to rest Boyle or girardi and instead playing them huge minutes.

Mcilrath playing with yandle was a dominant pairing....he effed it up by playing an injured Klein. Did he ruin military with that decision? Who knows...sure seemed like it.

Either way..the list of reasons I turned on av was a mile long...it didn't all happen in 1 game..I noticed it from game 1 and it just kept adding and adding till I just said I'm done.

This. That 2016-17 playoff series win was a fluke. The rest of the stuff mentioned in this post has even happening since the vrgiing of the 2015-16 season when Hank had to play out if his mind.

What pisses me off is that the rangers could have sold that year instead of this year.... They would have had 2-3 picks in the 1st round of the 2016 draft, they probably don't make the Staal trade, maybe McIlrath actually becomes a good defenseman. Hell, what should have happened was AV being fired at the end of that season when they got embarrassed by the pens--instead Gorton gives him one more chance and they squeak by a shit Montreal team. That's the fluke in all this. AV has found clutch ways to win when he should be losing, there is no breaking point with this guy.

Which is why after game 82 he needs to be fired immediately. I don't feel bad for him in the slightest, he deserves it based on his stubbornness and idiocy

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
And how does beating them up after your players got hurt prevent those players from getting hurt?

I’m not saying they shouldn’t do a better job sticking up for one another overall, because they should, but doing it in reaction during a game doesn’t go back in time and prevent the injuries. It doesn’t punish the opposition either. The only thing it might do is bring a greater pride of being part of this particular team. Winning the game as a reaction to that does a better job.

You’re right it doesn’t prevent it. The problem is, if you’re going to dress plugs like McLeod who are in the line up to answer the bell. When they don’t in situations like last night, then there is no reason to dress them at all.

This wasn’t a playoff game where negating a PP could send this team home. It was a regular season game that they were already getting their teeth kicked in, in. If players like him aren’t going to do the one thing they’re in the line up to do, then dress someone else who can actually play and contribute.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
This. That 2016-17 playoff series win was a fluke. The rest of the stuff mentioned in this post has even happening since the vrgiing of the 2015-16 season when Hank had to play out if his mind.

What pisses me off is that the rangers could have sold that year instead of this year.... They would have had 2-3 picks in the 1st round of the 2016 draft, they probably don't make the Staal trade, maybe McIlrath actually becomes a good defenseman. Hell, what should have happened was AV being fired at the end of that season when they got embarrassed by the pens--instead Gorton gives him one more chance and they squeak by a **** Montreal team. That's the fluke in all this. AV has found clutch ways to win when he should be losing, there is no breaking point with this guy.

Which is why after game 82 he needs to be fired immediately. I don't feel bad for him in the slightest, he deserves it based on his stubbornness and idiocy
Game 7 2015 ECF. He got out game planned by a smarter coach. Cooper's game plan: do nothing offensively. If you score a goal. Trap. AV always looks like a chimp playing with a rubik's cube on that one.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Game 7 2015 ECF. He got out game planned by a smarter coach. Cooper's game plan: do nothing offensively. If you score a goal. Trap. AV always looks like a chimp playing with a rubik's cube on that one.

Tampa was a better team as well.

Did you think we were going to the SCF or gasp...winning it in 2015?

Yeeeesh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad