Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Nashville Predators - February 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Keep AV for the year. Embrace the tank. Almost everyone is available for the right price.
He’s such a p***y I’m worried about everyone getting hurt. Like last two games.

Put in Ruff. Team will embrace the tank but players will protect each other.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
With all the crap that was pulled by Nasheville, why didn’t McLeod do the one thing he was brought up to do?

If you’re going to play a plug who is supposed to protect his teammates, then he better damn well answer the Bell when its time.

Bring up the AHL kids and let them get experience if McLeod refuses to do the one thing he was signed to do. I’d rather see youth and skill struggle on the ice than a bunch of plugs that decide not to bring the one thing they excel at.
Good point about McLeod!
When he was dealt from Colorado to the Preds, he fought Iginla the first game!!!
Unless AV specifically told him not to fight, he wouldn't play any games going forward. We didn't get him to skate and score! f***ing losers!

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
If the league does nothing about those hits, then they are total hypocrites when they say they want to take those hits out of the game. That they say that is then laughable. They only want it stopped against certain "special" teams. Not the Rangers.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If the league does nothing about those hits, then they are total hypocrites when they say they want to take those hits out of the game. That they say that is then laughable. They only want it stopped against certain "special" teams. Not the Rangers.
The absolute worst Forsberg will get is 2 games. Marchand has a more extensive history than the Roman Empire and he only got 5 games for a blatant predatory headshot.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I am frustrated and fed up with AV. But I wonder who out there would be better. I guess the organization feels this way too.
Who would be better? It's not up to US to hire a new coach but you'd think the team would know this guy sucks at his job. ???

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Maybe I"m just extreme because I thought [going back to 2014 playoffs] that Prust should have gotten booted from the league with that hit that broke Stepan's jaw [premeditated] after Prust publicly threatened the team after Price got hurt. But that's just me.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
How can no one retaliate? If that’s my kid’s midget team he’s walking home.
Yes, they really have nothing to lose at this point. I wish they'd do a dirty hit back at one of their top guys just for laughs. Who cares if there is a suspension. It would illustrate the bias, though, for sure. We'd get suspensions and nothing would happen to them. I'm also remembering in Hags' first year when he hit Alfredsson into the boards in the playoffs that year and HE -- who had NO HISTORY OF ANYTHING LIKE THAT -- got suspended for three games, if I remember correctly. I can't find the words to express my total disgust. You should have heard Maloney last night. I heard he went off the wall.

Reactions: ponytrekker

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I repeat what I said last night. I’ve never been so embarrassed to be a rangers fan in mu life. Bunch of pansys. After the second cheap shot AV should have called time out and directed his players to dedicate the rest of the game to ending zEmelin and Fordbergs careers. He also should have advised some slap shot dump ins aimed right at the referees heads. No one with any guts or pride.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, they really have nothing to lose at this point. I wish they'd do a dirty hit back at one of their top guys just for laughs. Who cares if there is a suspension. It would illustrate the bias, though, for sure. We'd get suspensions and nothing would happen to them. I'm also remembering in Hags' first year when he hit Alfredsson into the boards in the playoffs that year and HE -- who had NO HISTORY OF ANYTHING LIKE THAT -- got suspended for three games, if I remember correctly. I can't find the words to express my total disgust. You should have heard Maloney last night. I heard he went off the wall.
absolutely agree. How can I find the Maloney comments

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not arguing that AV shouldn't get the axe but some of the shit I have to read here about him is just mind numbingly paranoiac nonsense or just plain stupid. That he doesn't know how to coach, or he has sinister designs against certain players, he's arrogant etc. blah, blah, blah.

The truth I think is a lot simpler--he's really lost the pulse of the team and is at a loss at figuring out how to rectify it. He's tried a lot of different shit--that's for sure but the overall talent level of the team was not that great to begin with so....cut the coach but IMO there's blame to go around--to Gorton, to Vigneault and his staff and to the players. It's a combination that simply ain't working anymore and IMO that's pretty much all it is.

Buchnevich was getting his 15 minutes of ice time--all 5v5, 5v4 the major part of it with top 6 forwards. DeAngelo's play away from the puck early in the year was pretty bad--in Hartford he struggled for a while too. He's playing a lot better now--a lot better than a lot of the other D. I've never seen or heard AV cutting his players up. I've never really seen him blowing up and ranting and raving to the press. What I've always seen is composure even when everything's going to shit and that started his first season when we got off to a horrible start. He's always kept his cool.

Again this is not to say we shouldn't fire him and get another coach. It very much appears to me that he's lost a team--that's on a decline anyway. All this demonization and scapegoating though to me is what the f***? We can be better than that.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I remember a game several years ago where the Islanders were playing the Penguins. The Islanders were horrendous and had been bullied by the penguins the previous meeting. They played the next time and the Islanders team ALL OF THEM went out of their way to extract revenge. It was a scene out of slapshot. The entire game was brawls cheap shots injuries. And you know what. They won9-2 and played their best hockey of that season the twenty games after. They earned respect.

Next time the Rangers play this team they should start a brawl at the opening puck drop ala Rangers Devils underbTortorella. Then the rest of the contest should be a race to see who knocks out Emelin and Forsberg. Their should be a team wide pool or bounty

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
I remember a game several years ago where the Islanders were playing the Penguins. The Islanders were horrendous and had been bullied by the penguins the previous meeting. They played the next time and the Islanders team ALL OF THEM went out of their way to extract revenge. It was a scene out of slapshot. The entire game was brawls cheap shots injuries. And you know what. They won9-2 and played their best hockey of that season the twenty games after. They earned respect.

Gillies look still giving the penguins nightmares ha

Reactions: jacko23

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Gillies look still giving the penguins nightmares ha
I’m being serious when I ask this question. If Tortorella or Keenan or even Lindy Ruff or Laviolette was our coach do you think what happened as far as our lack of response would have stood? How did AV not talk to the guys and turn the game into a hit mission. 4 targets. Emelin, Forsberg, 2 referees. Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad