Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Nashville Predators - February 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
You really need to get that Caps-key replaced. It got stuck again.
I know I’m trying. But the guy who could fix it looks tough so iI don’t want him in my house. He might hit me or be mean so I’ll just wait till another time

Reactions: ponytrekker

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
How. The coach? I know he doesn’t advocate retribution or dirty play but cmon. If I was the captain I would not have left the arena. I would have waited outside the Predators dressing room and even followed the players to their houses to kick the crap out of them.

I know you think that would be tough, but really it would just be pathetic.

Reactions: RonDuguaysShirt

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
still doesn't stop guys like Radio Gudas because it shows time and time again these guys will commit the penalty and take the suspension. they need to start suspending players permanently who have lengthy track records.

Start fining the coach, GM and owner big time amounts and you will see it decline. Also get rid of the instigator penalty. A player who knows he is going to get pounded might think twice.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
But then were the better team if we were out coached?

Hold on...

The parallel universes with butter fly effects you guys create from very little more than internet hearsay is confusing me.

Can someone please just make one narrative and stick to it. It doesn't have to be true.
Cooper made adjustments during the series and AV didn’t. That’s how he got out coached. The rosters were similar enough even with some of the injuries.

I don’t see how I’m changing the narrative when I’ve been consistent with that stance.

It would be one thing if we were some miricale 8th seed on a magical run, but we weren’t.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
giphy.gif

A different angle of the Forsberg/Vesey hit. Good find. Looks like you had great seats at the game.

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
Yes it is. He’s probably a fan of this kind of TUFFNESS.

toddbertuzzi_0.gif
A cheap shot to the head deserves a sucker punch. I'm not advocating a 70's flyers team or slap shot type of game but sometimes you need to stick up for your self and your teammates. The league definitely doesn't have your back.
The instigator penalty takes this away from teams. The league needs to let the players discipline themselves.
Prust's hit on Stepan would never have gone unpunished except for the fact that the team did not want to go a man down.

Reactions: egelband

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Obviously McLeod is still a Pred. And obvious intimidation is still a huge part of the game and the refs/NHL still offer no solution from cheap shots. The game is over when you are looking for the next one to be hit instead of making a play. This team is just way to timid to be playing against the big boys, but we are definitely AHL ready.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
A cheap shot to the head deserves a sucker punch. I'm not advocating a 70's flyers team or slap shot type of game but sometimes you need to stick up for your self and your teammates. The league definitely doesn't have your back.

I’d rather have a team that retaliates by beating the **** of the opposition on the scoreboard. (Although, in the heat of the moment I too desire a baseball swing to the dome. But only momentarily).

Reactions: egelband

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
I’d rather have a team that retaliates by beating the **** of the opposition on the scoreboard. (Although, in the heat of the moment I too desire a baseball swing to the dome. But only momentarily).
Only needs to happen once or twice. Look at the flyers of the 70s even though they went overboard with their retaliations. But no one took liberties with their players. Even Edmonton. I remember an all star game when Buffalos Craig Ramsey was in a hip check position an came from the center of the ice into Gretzky. It was slow and he had a big smile on his face but Messier and Kurri got in his face and were like that's not acceptable.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Imagine Messier or Graves on this team, Next shift Emelin or Forsberg was out if neither of them were on the ice at the time, would of went up and dropped the gloves and would of pounded the guy. Not this team, we turn our backs and skate away. It feels like the guys will go to detention if they fight. Principal AV would never allow that in his school.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Only needs to happen once or twice. Look at the flyers of the 70s even though they went overboard with their retaliations. But no one took liberties with their players. Even Edmonton. I remember an all star game when Buffalos Craig Ramsey was in a hip check position an came from the center of the ice into Gretzky. It was slow and he had a big smile on his face but Messier and Kurri got in his face and were like that's not acceptable.

You can’t compare todays game to the early 2000’s, let alone the 70’s.

I don’t want to see today’s version of Messier or Kurri getting thrown out for unsportsmanship penalty, nor sitting in the box for fighting.

If you want to sacrifice speed/skill and load up on players with more of an edge, I don’t think that’ll necessarily result in more wins.

McLeod played 12 min last night. Smith played 22 min. Skjei is the only one who dropped the gloves.

Where’s Tanner Glass when you need him! (Jk......)

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
You can’t compare todays game to the early 2000’s, let alone the 70’s.

I don’t want to see today’s version of Messier or Kurri getting thrown out for unsportsmanship penalty, nor sitting in the box for fighting.

If you want to sacrifice speed/skill and load up on players with more of an edge, I don’t think that’ll necessarily result in more wins.

McLeod played 12 min last night. Smith played 22 min. Skjei is the only one who dropped the gloves.

Where’s Tanner Glass when you need him! (Jk......)

I'm not saying to go back to the 70s with the goons. I'm saying sometimes you need to smack the bully. It only takes a little while before the other teams will stop taking liberties.
You also need to sacrifice a game or two during the regular season to make sure this crap stops.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm not saying to go back to the 70s with the goons. I'm saying sometimes you need to smack the bully. It only takes a little while before the other teams will stop taking liberties.
You also need to sacrifice a game or two during the regular season to make sure this crap stops.

Unfortunately I don’t think that will ever be completely stopped in Hockey. Even if you have that hard nosed player on your team.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
This toughness conversation is so dried up this is just going to be a conversation that never dies because we have disagreements one thing none of us disagree on is the fact this gum chewing moron needs to go when this season ends

Last edited:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Cooper made adjustments during the series and AV didn’t. That’s how he got out coached. The rosters were similar enough even with some of the injuries.

I don’t see how I’m changing the narrative when I’ve been consistent with that stance.

It would be one thing if we were some miricale 8th seed on a magical run, but we weren’t.

Na. Team was toast.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This stuff doesn't only happen to the Rangers. It happens to every team. The reason is because the NHL hands out chicken-shit discipline. This is a quote from a Penguins fan after TJ Oshie received a puny fine for crosschecking Kris Letang in the neck:

Good thing Pens traded that 1st for Ryan Reaves. He was on the ice when it happened...just like he was on the ice when Perry elbowed Letang in the head a couple of weeks ago. Players sure are intimidated and deterred from going after stars with a goon in the line-up.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City

Well our team is incapable of doing that right now so...

I am sick of the injuries piling up due to bad hits. Player safety is a joke. Stand up for yourselves, take the penalty/suspension. It doesnt matter anymore.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad