Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Nashville Predators - February 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
It sure can, people will think twice about getting their arms up sticks up etc. It's worked for decades all of the sudden it doesn't work? Don't buy that.
Amen hallelujah. Just one time (actually I’d prefer a few) why can’t we be the team hurting guys and bullying people. Why are we the ones who always Bend Over And Take It

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Many people still think detterence is an effective counter measure. That's the primary reason. It's very intuitive but unfortunately it's empircally false.

The concept of detterent as a preventative measure has been long disproven as a reliable measure in situations with few controls.
I’m not talking deterrence. I’m talking about being the aggresssor and hurting others first for Pete’s sake. It’s gone on too long here. The fish is rotten from the head. Our coach has been quoted many times saying play whistle to whistle. P,ay clean. Turn the other cheek. WE DONT HAVE ANY EFIN CHEEKS LEFT

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Hockey is at its cleanest nowadays than ever before when brawls were more accepted for decades. Deterrence has never worked the way you are imagining.

Mike Milbury beating some chump with a shoe didn't deter anyone from chirping players from the stands either.

The best way to reduce cheap shots is clear guidelines on what's acceptable and what's not taught at a young age in organized hockey at all levels.

Guys aren't afraid of scraps. It's hockey. The only legitimate deterrence is unadultered retaliation and headshots with intent to injure and end career which no one should advocate for.
I advocate for your last few sentences when appropriate 100%. It comes our way all the time. Time to flip the script boys. As an analogy look what’s happened around the world to countries that have opened their borders to people from terrorist nations. Their citizens are the Rangers. Simple analogy. I guess they should just accept getting slaughtered occasionally

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
No, but it might make the next team think twice about trying the same tactic. If I'm Dallas I run the crap out of the Rangers on Monday. Why not? So far they haven't proven able to stick up for themselves or deal with it very well.
This. This is how the league sees us. I won’t wear my Rangers gear anymore. I’m embarrassed. Unless they make them in pink or rainbow.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It is possible to get out coached even with injuries. I don’t see why you’re alluding to that not being a possibility.

But then were the better team if we were out coached?

Hold on...

The parallel universes with butter fly effects you guys create from very little more than internet hearsay is confusing me.

Can someone please just make one narrative and stick to it. It doesn't have to be true.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
No, but it might make the next team think twice about trying the same tactic. If I'm Dallas I run the crap out of the Rangers on Monday. Why not? So far they haven't proven able to stick up for themselves or deal with it very well.

And if they had responded, the Stars would make sure not to engage that way in order to keep the Rangers out of the game.

The problem is that the Rangers need to show more pushback as a general rule. Not as immediate response.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
And if they had responded, the Stars would make sure not to engage that way in order to keep the Rangers out of the game.

The problem is that the Rangers need to show more pushback as a general rule. Not as immediate response.

I want my position to be clear. I don’t want pushback. I dont want the Rangers to turn the other cheek. This season is over. I want to dress guys that will for once in my adult life take cheap shots at and injure OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS. I’ve had enough taking it and skating away. Let’s become the dirty POS. Next year teams will think twice if we go on a massacre these next 2 months

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I want my position to be clear. I don’t want pushback. I dont want the Rangers to turn the other cheek. This season is over. I want to dress guys that will for once in my adult life take cheap shots at and injure OTHER TEAMS PLAYERS. I’ve had enough taking it and skating away. Let’s become the dirty POS. Next year teams will think twice if we go on a massacre these next 2 months

That’s a pretty disgusting opinion.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
That’s a pretty disgusting opinion.
Well To you it is. It’s gotten liked already. I’ve had enough watching our guys laid out with cheap shots. It’s been years. If this gets me in trouble on here or banned I’ll take it like a man. The rest of you who disagree keep watching ice capades where one team gets physically abused with no repercussions

Leetch Fan

Oct 12, 2014
WHERE IS THE ANGER AND OUTRAGE FROM MY FELLOW FANS ON HERE. THIS WAS THE MOST BALLESS THING IVE EVER WATCHED. WE SHOULD BE DEMANDING BLOOD!
Kreids would have grabbed somebody if he was in, who else on this squad do you expect to do anything ? They're all about " speed " and " skill " .

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
In Game 7? Yeah, absolutely. Do you not remember people losing their **** about going for 11F7D with Mac on a broken foot? That's a bad coaching decision.

You do realize it's possible to blame both injuries AND the coaches, right?
Oh. Forgot that. Dress a guy who can't play. Hunwick in his place had a decent game.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
The game is about physical intimidation. Get pushed around and you will lose. Right now, the league knows it can just knock out the Ranger skill guys and not worry.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Oh. Forgot that. Dress a guy who can't play. Hunwick in his place had a decent game.
AV as usual played Hunwick - the healthy guy - about 4 minutes. Dan Boyle, who screened Lundqvist on the first Lighting goal, and had also been injured pretty badly by the Caps in the prior series, led the team with 22 minutes.

Thinking about that game drives me nuts.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Better to end one career and possibly two young players' season? In TWO games?

Those hits are on the coach. Not the refs. Not the players. The. Coach.
How. The coach? I know he doesn’t advocate retribution or dirty play but cmon. If I was the captain I would not have left the arena. I would have waited outside the Predators dressing room and even followed the players to their houses to kick the crap out of them.

Reactions: ponytrekker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->