New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
0306mb_retro.jpg

I still love these. Don't know why this wasn't the choice, if a change absolutely had to be made...which IMO it did not.

Because Adidas had to tinker and come up with something "new", regardless of how ugly.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Because Adidas had to tinker and come up with something "new", regardless of how ugly.

Exactly, no "new", = no sucker purchases.

If they just left everything the same, it doesnt given those people a "reason" to buy a jersey. It's the sole reason for every team's revamp. It's sickening.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Disagree, I think the green jerseys were head and shoulders above the black jerseys. Just a matter of preference, you'll never get consensus from a fan base.

No, no, no. The Christmas tree jerseys were 80’s gaudy with the thick stripes around the shoulder and the extra stripes. Plus, they had a brighter shades of red and green that added to the gaudy factor.

The faux throwbacks they wore the last few years made them a bit better because they used a darker shades, reduce the shoulder outline to piping and incorporated the modern numbers. Of course they have only worn the red version which was better than the white (which had the red shoulders and double shoulder outline)

But, the championship era red and black uniforms is a far superior and classier uniform that the Christmas tree unis.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

If they just left everything the same, it doesnt given those people a "reason" to buy a jersey. It's the sole reason for every team's revamp. It's sickening.

I kind of get it though. Looking around the arena you can tell a lot of people’s last jersey purchases were not recent.

Rebel Devil

Mar 16, 2014
is it me or has the red tone shifted into a slightly burgundy color? Maybe the color calibrations have been off on the telecast but it is noticeable. It's almost like the Avs red/purple and i hate it.

I think it's a good bright red color .. one of the camera's at the game the other day had different color settings than the other, and the red was looking a little orangish to me.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
is it me or has the red tone shifted into a slightly burgundy color? Maybe the color calibrations have been off on the telecast but it is noticeable. It's almost like the Avs red/purple and i hate it.

I think they darkened t a shade, but not to the burgundy level

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
It's been driving me nuts all season - I think it's different too. Kind of a slight orange or almost pinkish tinge. I hate it. It doesn't look darker, it looks ... softer.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Went to my second game of the season of Friday and saw a few people in the crowd wearing the new ones; the changes haven't really bothered me when I'm watching the game since the players have their gear on under them, but yeah, gotta go with the consensus that the reds really don't look great on fans, in large part because the shoulders just look off. White ones are definitely crisper looking.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So I have been taking a close look at these new jerseys in the Devils Den. My thoughts:

The Fanatics replicas are terrible. The logos are really cheaply made and look bad. The customization is even worse. The letters and numbers look bad too. The names are low on the name-plate for some reason. I was surprised because I've seen the Toronto Maple Leafs Fanatics jerseys up close in person and they look so much better than hours. I don't know why.

The Adidas jerseys look so much better as far as overall, customization, and so on. My only problem is that the logo is of similar quality as the Reebok replicas. They feel like a paper plate. I definitely miss the quality of the crest from the Reebok authentic jerseys.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

maybe its just me but i would never spend for a "authentic" jersey. there are so many "cheap" options out there i really don't care if it doesn't look 100% like the authentic one and honestly i wouldn't care if anyone thinks knock offs look cheap and fake.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
isn't the difference between the "replica" and "authentics" in this version of the jerseys only like $50? I would agree that in the past I wouldn't spend ~$300 on the authentics, but it isnt like that anymore

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
isn't the difference between the "replica" and "authentics" in this version of the jerseys only like $50? I would agree that in the past I wouldn't spend ~$300 on the authentics, but it isnt like that anymore

i agree with that but still i have my classic jerseys for a few all time greats i dont buy jerseys much

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Hell, I saw a Brunner one today.

Cringe

I haven't noticed any this season yet but last season I was surprised just how many Tootoo and Farnham jerseys were still around, not to mention that people would want those player jerseys in the first place.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So I have been taking a close look at these new jerseys in the Devils Den. My thoughts:

The Fanatics replicas are terrible. The logos are really cheaply made and look bad. The customization is even worse. The letters and numbers look bad too. The names are low on the name-plate for some reason. I was surprised because I've seen the Toronto Maple Leafs Fanatics jerseys up close in person and they look so much better than hours. I don't know why.

The Adidas jerseys look so much better as far as overall, customization, and so on. My only problem is that the logo is of similar quality as the Reebok replicas. They feel like a paper plate. I definitely miss the quality of the crest from the Reebok authentic jerseys.

Terrible isn't the word. The Fanatics replicas suck ass. As you mention, the names on the nameplate are low. In fact, the bottom of the letters touch the bottom of the nameplate, leaving a bunch of space above the letters. The numbers and letters all have a grey tint to them. WTF? Then there's the tapered appearance, regardless of whether they're authentic or replica. They look tighter around the chest and taper out towards the bottom, almost as if they were a womens cut.

I'll admit I purchased a home Adidas authentic when they first came out, but it's still in the bag. After I saw how bad they look, I went and purchased some Reebok premier blanks and will have them customized instead. I can at least put Hischier and Bratt on them since they did wear them during development camp. I'm still on the fence though with putting someone like Butcher on a Reebok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad