New jersey released

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I used to always go to Bill's Sports Collectibles to get my jerseys. That's obviously not as easy an option these days, I do wonder though if there's a bigger gap between replica and authentic. It used to just be very small differences and the lack of a fight strap, but I wonder if there's more to it now.

Still curious to see what the letters on front will look like. If they changed the number font to the same as the thirds, I'm assuming they will do so with the letters.

I loved Bill's as a kid!!! Haven't been in at least decade, but that place was great. :yo::yo::yo:

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I'm still debating if I should get a new one, or get our recently discontinued 3rd jersey, as it's at a cheaper price.

I know exactly what you should do. You should not support this collection of schmucks. Hit them in the pocketbooks.

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
Jersey Baron on ebay usually gets his hand on legit on-ice authentic jerseys. Not yet sure if it will still be the case for the Adidas.

He does customization too, but i'd still go for a blank and get it to Denver Athletic to get it done perfectly.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Good thing the NHL rejected the ADS on jerseys idea

bZjVEDC.jpg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's inevitable that it will happen here someday, but dear sweet **** that is ugly.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think there's still a replica and then an upgraded near authentic. But if you want true authentic then yeah you'll have to buy one from the Avs jersey auction or something similar. I haven't decided yet which level I'll go to, I need to see the ones in the store myself first. I generally prefer the better than replica but if for $200 all you get is a little thicker fabric I'll pass.

For me, I like my jerseys to hold their value. Anything less than on ice quality depreciates really quickly. It's not even that I plan to sell any of my jerseys (haven't yet), but it just bothers me that there is better quality out there lol. That and I really want the 100 year patch. The new jersey, Compher & Josts first full rookie years, and the 100 year patch is a nice combination.

The funny thing is that I don't really feel the same way about football. I could care less if it's a knock off with those.

Here being North America? Doubt it.

Yeah I doubt it myself, and that picture is exactly why. The only sports that get away with it here are ones where the athlete needs the sponsors badly. I mean it's not like the major sports here in America are hurting for cash. They seemed practically immune to a depressed economy as well.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
For me, I like my jerseys to hold their value. Anything less than on ice quality depreciates really quickly. It's not even that I plan to sell any of my jerseys (haven't yet), but it just bothers me that there is better quality out there lol. That and I really want the 100 year patch. The new jersey, Compher & Josts first full rookie years, and the 100 year patch is a nice combination.

The funny thing is that I don't really feel the same way about football. I could care less if it's a knock off with those.

I'm the same way with hockey jerseys. Which is why the only one I have is a Jokerit jersey I got for free from a corporate sponsor. The thing is, getting an authentic Avs jersey with a name and number to Finland is a) kinda difficult b) kinda expensive.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm the same way with hockey jerseys. Which is why the only one I have is a Jokerit jersey I got for free from a corporate sponsor. The thing is, getting an authentic Avs jersey with a name and number to Finland is a) kinda difficult b) kinda expensive.

NHL jerseys are expensive in general. The international shipping on a jersey can't be that bad?

I bet you could contact Keener jerseys and have something you bought shipped directly to them from an Ebay seller. Ebay is probably the best place to get blank authentics. I guess he started as a sort of underground enthusiast, but now he supposedly can duplicate on ice stuff using pictures off the web.

He has some impressive work. One of the hardest to duplicate is the 95/96 Avs jerseys.

https://keenerjerseys.com/our-work/

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No one has the Adidas authentic on sale yet, right? Jersey Baron will get it, I reckon. Who else?

That's what I was speaking to on the last page. I e-mailed him and he didn't even respond. I seen another post on IJ saying that he told someone he didn't think he was going to get them, and had no idea when or if.

Then I also seen someone say that they were told that only equipment managers for NHL teams were going to be able to order the on ice quality jerseys that are made in Canada.

The strategy for this problem in the past was to go on Meigray.com and order an obscure player in a size that fits you, and then have the name plate and number changed. You can get patches that are really hard to find or are poorly replicated by doing that as well.

So far there is expected to be two levels available. A really crappy replica from NHL.com/Fanatics, and what seems to be a higher quality replica that has a fight strap in it lol. That is coming from other OCD jersey people like myself though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah I doubt it myself, and that picture is exactly why. The only sports that get away with it here are ones where the athlete needs the sponsors badly. I mean it's not like the major sports here in America are hurting for cash. They seemed practically immune to a depressed economy as well.

It's the American way to look at a giant, giant pile of money and ask yourself only how you can make it even bigger. The NBA will probably be the first to do it, and once they start rolling in sponsorship money, the other leagues will follow to try to cash in on it.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's the American way to look at a giant, giant pile of money and ask yourself only how you can make it even bigger. The NBA will probably be the first to do it, and once they start rolling in sponsorship money, the other leagues will follow to try to cash in on it.

I don't know if it's fair to throw out "the American way" here. Ads on everything has been a giant part of the sports business for years and years in Finland and elsewhere in Europe. It obviously has to do with the market that these European teams are in, vis-a-vis the American leagues, but I think it's even pretty admirable that the jerseys don't yet have ads.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's an inevitablility. Pro sports are just too expensive and costs grow every year. NHL teams are already wearing patches on practice jerseys, now that the NBA has broken ground, the other leagues will follow suit soon enough. Hopefully it doesn't end up looking like a lot or Euro teams where players look like a bunch of NASCAR racers on skates and hope to HELL it never gets as bad as futbol where the sponsor just plain takes over the uniform, but it's gonna happen, and it'll happen within the next 1-2 years. Hope I'm wrong.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's too bad, but trust me as a European, you'll still be watching the hockey. It won't bother you after the dust settles.

Now, on the other hand, I did find this Photoshop of the Flyers' jersey with Tappara's ads (and a Batman sign). :laugh:

Sorry. :laugh:

AYFYyVF.jpg

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
The longer I read these forums, the more obvious it is that 'the sky is falling' mentality seeps into all topics.

To be fair, things are an absolute mess right now with this organization. But I do agree to an extent, at least our jerseys got fixed after a decade!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I just don't see it in hockey in the near future. Right now at least, the sport is still very traditional in their way of thinking. Hockey in North America is still very close to its roots in Canada.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I don't even see the point in putting ads on jerseys. They already have tons of ads on the boards and on the ice, no? Why need more?

Is this a serious question? More ads = more money. Finnish teams have ads on goalie pads. You literally cannot see the pattern on the pads.

E: BTW, I didn't mean to sound like a dick, HockeyFan100, I understand the ideological value there, but the money is what it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad