New jersey released

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm even more appreciative of the new look after seeing what the other Pepsi Center team just rolled out.

For someone who doesn't follow or care about basketball, it looks like an improvement. But it must be not using the more unique color scheme? I never really liked the Nuggets uniforms.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There's only so much you can do with a basketball uniform--it's little more than shorts and a tank top. That said, the Nuggets have had very un-boring uniforms in their past, so to see them revert to something so utterly generic is disappointing.

Don't want to derail this, just glad the Avs acknowledged the current look wasn't working and opted to bring back what the fans wanted.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kind of a stupid question but "Made in Canada" is English, "Fabrique au Canada" is French (bottom) but what's the 3rd language in the middle? Spanish?

VH7CfuH.png

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting. I was wondering why since the NHL doesn't really have a hispanic demographic but they probably use the same labels for their NFL/NBA/MLB jerseys. Thanks.

Spanish is the 2nd most commonly spoken language in the US. In Canada, it's obviously English followed by French, then Chinese and a few other Asian languages, then Spanish.

In all honesty I wish the NHL would do more to cultivate a Spanish-speaking fanbase. I don't think it'd be that hard to do either.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Probably because of the southern US teams. I'm sure there are plenty of native Spanish speakers in Texas, Arizona, and California that like those teams. Hell, even the NYC and extended metro probably have a bunch too.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Spanish is the 2nd most commonly spoken language in the US. In Canada, it's obviously English followed by French, then Chinese and a few other Asian languages, then Spanish.

Yeah I know that but labelling in French and English is required by law in Canada. There's no law that requires them to label anything in Spanish in the US.

In all honesty I wish the NHL would do more to cultivate a Spanish-speaking fanbase. I don't think it'd be that hard to do either.

That would be nice but it's really hard to sell a sport to people that didn't play it when they were young and not many hispanics grew up playing hockey. Of course that could change but I don't see it anytime soon unfortunately. It takes a lot of commitment (from the parents) and money to start playing hockey, especially when you can't play it outside. It's just so much easier to buy a baseball bat and a ball for your kid (and that's true for everyone living in the south, not just hispanics). They won't even outgrow it.

member 116861

I still can't believe how beautiful this jersey is, so excited for next season.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Kind of a stupid question but "Made in Canada" is English, "Fabrique au Canada" is French (bottom) but what's the 3rd language in the middle? Spanish?

VH7CfuH.png

Man that blue fabric in the shoulders looks so soft. I want to sleep on it.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That would be nice but it's really hard to sell a sport to people that didn't play it when they were young and not many hispanics grew up playing hockey. Of course that could change but I don't see it anytime soon unfortunately. It takes a lot of commitment (from the parents) and money to start playing hockey, especially when you can't play it outside. It's just so much easier to buy a baseball bat and a ball for your kid (and that's true for everyone living in the south, not just hispanics). They won't even outgrow it.

Times have definitely changed. The reigning rookie of the year is a half-hispanic kid who grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona. You're right, hockey isn't a game kids can just up and play anytime they want unless there's a frozen pond nearby, but it's still X1000 more accessible from even when I was growing up and playing in Arvada.

I think it could be done. I know there already are Spanish broadcasts for hockey games in certain markets but I'd like to see it marketed effectively.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Jersey really is gorgeous. Has a modernized look to it.

Still think those collars is a major eyesore for almost every team though. At least close up like that. Probably won't notice during in game action.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Looks like I'm probably going to have to go through Meigray in order to get an "On ice authentic." Sucks... Most of what I'm reading seems to be saying that they won't sell the on ice jerseys to anyone but equipment managers at this time.

Which means that if I want to find one that fits me I'll have to find a smaller player, and then have the name and number redone.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I used to always go to Bill's Sports Collectibles to get my jerseys. That's obviously not as easy an option these days, I do wonder though if there's a bigger gap between replica and authentic. It used to just be very small differences and the lack of a fight strap, but I wonder if there's more to it now.

Still curious to see what the letters on front will look like. If they changed the number font to the same as the thirds, I'm assuming they will do so with the letters.

member 116861

Looks like I'm probably going to have to go through Meigray in order to get an "On ice authentic." Sucks... Most of what I'm reading seems to be saying that they won't sell the on ice jerseys to anyone but equipment managers at this time.

Which means that if I want to find one that fits me I'll have to find a smaller player, and then have the name and number redone.

A Rocco Grimaldi jersey would be sick! or if you're a little thicker than a Tyson Barrie jersey would be great as well.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think there's still a replica and then an upgraded near authentic. But if you want true authentic then yeah you'll have to buy one from the Avs jersey auction or something similar. I haven't decided yet which level I'll go to, I need to see the ones in the store myself first. I generally prefer the better than replica but if for $200 all you get is a little thicker fabric I'll pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad