New jersey released

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It's an inevitablility. Pro sports are just too expensive and costs grow every year. NHL teams are already wearing patches on practice jerseys, now that the NBA has broken ground, the other leagues will follow suit soon enough. Hopefully it doesn't end up looking like a lot or Euro teams where players look like a bunch of NASCAR racers on skates and hope to HELL it never gets as bad as futbol where the sponsor just plain takes over the uniform, but it's gonna happen, and it'll happen within the next 1-2 years. Hope I'm wrong.

For the longest time in Seattle I had no idea that the ****ing Xbox jersey was the Sounders jersey. I was thinking to myself, "Wtf is with all of these fools representing Xbox, I mean I know it's Microsoft and Seattle but this many people buying a shirt that says Xbox on it?"

I hope to god that does not happen.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Is this a serious question? More ads = more money. Finnish teams have ads on goalie pads. You literally cannot see the pattern on the pads.

E: BTW, I didn't mean to sound like a dick, HockeyFan100, I understand the ideological value there, but the money is what it is.

Oh, and not just the leg pads either, at least the blocker as well. Goalie mask ads are also common.

akadubin

Jun 28, 2013
Castle Rock
It will slowly creep into the NHL. Hopefully very slowly.

We saw the "SAP" ads on the world cup jerseys last season. Teams also started wearing ads on their practice jerseys too. I think the NHL was waiting to see reactions on the NBA ad placements.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Personally I don't see it ever becoming European league levels of disgusting. The most I expect is a CFL level, which I'm fine with.

I'm not. Fans have nothing to gain from this anyway.

4cJ1IWv.jpg

This one is a joke but still...

NPXg1uV.jpg

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
If it were to actually make prices for anything cheaper, I could deal with it. As it would be nothing more than a cash grab for the owners, pass.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
I don't mind ads on jerseys that much. They look better without them obviously but as Risto said it's something you get used to in time. I really hate ads on the ice though (the European variety).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Didn't know where else to post this. But nice.

Nice. I was hoping they'd be one of the teams to add a third jersey as soon as they could. The previous one was awesome so I wouldn't mind if it's nearly identical to that one.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ads on jerseys are gonna happen, it's only a matter of time. I'm praying we get at least one more year, but I fear now that the NBA broke open the dam.

I love that MLS may have actually gotten MORE credibility by allowing ads to be prominently featured on uniforms since now they look more like their Europeran counterparts.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ads on jerseys are gonna happen, it's only a matter of time. I'm praying we get at least one more year, but I fear now that the NBA broke open the dam.

I love that MLS may have actually gotten MORE credibility by allowing ads to be prominently featured on uniforms since now they look more like their Europeran counterparts.

I watch the NBA as much as the NHL and I don't even notice the ads anymore. It was only for the first couple weeks when they were being introduced that something looked different. The concern is that the initial small logo will turn into something bigger or multiple logos and at some point it probably will but right now it's a non-issue for me.

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Seeing a Starbucks logo on a bench doesn't make me want to go get a coffee.
It’s the trick of repeat and establishing awareness and recognition of the brand. Conversion (actually buying the coffee) is not the only goal of marketing, but ultimately its aim.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm pretty ignorant about the business world, but it really is insane to me that putting some logo on a jersey can be worth millions of dollars. Seeing a Starbucks logo on a bench doesn't make me want to go get a coffee.

It's pretty crazy. Rakuten is paying the Warriors $20M/yr for this.......

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad