New jersey released

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
No piping, mountain motif back on the bottom of the jersey, sleeves look way better etc. They are infinitely better than the current ones.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Any idea on how much an authentic AdiZero will run versus the Fanatics branded replicas? It's been a while since I got a new sweater - I wonder how much detailing will be different in the replicas?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Any idea on how much an authentic AdiZero will run versus the Fanatics branded replicas? It's been a while since I got a new sweater - I wonder how much detailing will be different in the replicas?

Like $265 vs $180 or something in that neighborhood. For $265 it's not really truly authentic but it's probably the best we'll get retail.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I never get the hype with jerseys. This looks like the last Avs jersey, which looked like the one before it, yada yada. The colour scheme and essential design has never changed, which is fine by me.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
That's an improvement... moving up from our position as bottom 3 jerseys in the NHL / maybe professional sports. Looks a bit more like the classical Avs jerseys, which I like

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I think its the little stripe that runs along the chest area and down. I have never had a problem with or without the piping, I don't get how it changes the aesthetic at all.

reebok-hockey-jersey-edge-replica-colorado-sr-main.jpg

cut.jpg

Like I guess I prefer the bottom one but they're so damn similar

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
With them the jersey looks like an apron, they serve no purpose whatsoever, they are just there to ruin the whole thing.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Well they failed again. Looks like something from a 90's roller hockey team... And they still can't evolve from the black pants and helmet?

Forever in the 90's... staff included.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
I don't see how you can look at those photos side by side and not say there is a big difference (and improvement). The difference will be even greater on the ice where the uniprons looked even worse. No, it's not a rebranding of the franchise - but to my eyes anyways there is a huge difference.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I think its the little stripe that runs along the chest area and down. I have never had a problem with or without the piping, I don't get how it changes the aesthetic at all.

reebok-hockey-jersey-edge-replica-colorado-sr-main.jpg

cut.jpg

Like I guess I prefer the bottom one but they're so damn similar

Regarding the uniprons: having totally unnecessary piping (aka, the apron strings) cutting through an otherwise solid background of burgundy - that's one big no-no.

THEN to have the burgundy directly border the blue (dark directly on dark) is the other big no-no.

... these issues then exacerbate one another because the piping that is unnecessarily breaking up the burgundy could have been used as the simple border between the burgundy and the blue - having the piping sitting in no man's land should have never even been presented as an option. It's a bad aesthetic. That's a basic design error that was never addressed (until now).

I want to see more photos of the full jersey (with the new numbering and lettering) as well as the road before I make a full assessment, but my first impression is overall pretty favorable. Yes, it's a rehash of an old design - but that design at least worked, which you can't say about the Reebok Edge mess we've had for the last decade.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Well they failed again. Looks like something from a 90's roller hockey team... And they still can't evolve from the black pants and helmet?

Forever in the 90's... staff included.

Why do people keep saying this? What does the design of the jerseys have to do with front office personnel? One thing is not the same as another. The thirds will be back as soon as next year, perhaps as they were or perhaps as a totally new look. The franchise had to reboot their jersey design along with every other team in the league and didn't want to stray from their design aesthetic roots. There's nothing about that this is related to any current mess with how our front office has been handling the franchise.

I mean, really, I get that a few people hate the mountain striping and want a more bland/boring design but the argument should really stop with design and graphics opinions. Those of us who like how the classic Avs look aren't trying to make a statement one way or another on our front office. It's not related.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
the piping was horrible. So was the direct transition from burgundy to blue. Provided the numbers don't look stupid, this is probably the best decision the franchise has made in 5 years.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Am I the only one that thinks the colours are bit off? I'd like to see the blue a bit darker, looks kind of funny like that imo.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Regarding the uniprons: having totally unnecessary piping (aka, the apron strings) cutting through an otherwise solid background of burgundy - that's one big no-no.

THEN to have the burgundy directly border the blue (dark directly on dark) is the other big no-no.

... these issues then exacerbate one another because the piping that is unnecessarily breaking up the burgundy could have been used as the simple border between the burgundy and the blue - having the piping sitting in no man's land should have never even been presented as an option. It's a bad aesthetic. That's a basic design error that was never addressed (until now).

I want to see more photos of the full jersey (with the new numbering and lettering) as well as the road before I make a full assessment, but my first impression is overall pretty favorable. Yes, it's a rehash of an old design - but that design at least worked, which you can't say about the Reebok Edge mess we've had for the last decade.

With them the jersey looks like an apron, they serve no purpose whatsoever, they are just there to ruin the whole thing.

I guess I get the "apron" thing. My eyes don't really pick up on the smaller details though - dark colors without a border between, is that a generally accepted design rule that I'm unaware of? I think it looks fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad