New jersey released

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I saw a shot of the new Blackhawks sweaters. Now THOSE collars look bad. Looks like they're sporting a polo underneath or something. I wish I had photo evidence.

Yeah that one is bad. I don't like what I call the soul patch ones where the NHL emblem is just a different color, like on the Rangers for example. Ours is fine. The blue is a little random but it's more like a trim on the collar than the collar itself.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Black helmet, pant and glove is still so gross.

I have a friend who argues navy blue would look way better. Not sure I agree. It works for the thirds though. So grateful this team never gave into the trend of a black jersey.

That opening night back in 1995 though...what the hell...???

2716873494_54a0fbf4d7_o.png

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I have a friend who argues navy blue would look way better. Not sure I agree. It works for the thirds though. So grateful this team never gave into the trend of a black jersey.

That opening night back in 1995 though...what the hell...???

2716873494_54a0fbf4d7_o.png

And again 20 years later....

022716_avs_red_wings_06-XL.jpg

As for navy, I don't think it would work since there's no navy in the jerseys.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It's a genetic stock pant. At the very least add a mountain stripe to it? Something? Id go with a blue pant but there's not much blue on the away jersey.

Are they allowed to have two sets of pants/helmet/gloves?

They could have a blue set at home and a burgundy set away from home.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Steel blue or burgundy pants and helmets aren't very good matches for the uniforms they wear. If they had a different kind of jersey it'd work differently but the black has been there for a reason.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Almost every team has some sort of stripe on the pant, no?

According to this, yes. There are a few teams that are just plain but not many.

http://nhluniforms.com/2016-17/2016-17.html

I suppose I'd have to see it in action to really judge...I just think a mountain stripe on the pant would look tacky. Maybe a logo could go on there but really...no biggie.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
According to this, yes. There are a few teams that are just plain but not many.

http://nhluniforms.com/2016-17/2016-17.html

I suppose I'd have to see it in action to really judge...I just think a mountain stripe on the pant would look tacky. Maybe a logo could go on there but really...no biggie.
What do you have in mind? One side of the mountain going up on each leg with the peak ending at the pelvis area? :sarcasm:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Personally I found our former 3rds to be the best overall set we've ever had and wouldve really loved to see them along with a white away version become our full time set.

But I'm more that happy with the changes.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Can't link it from my phone but the Avs twitter just posted a photo of the jerseys in a cabinet with the "A's" for alternate captains are hanging on the door and they're the same font as the apron jerseys.

Also, 3 A's hanging and no C. Let the speculation begin :sarcasm:

Edit: somebody else picked up on it and the Avs said they're just hanging on the door from before. Nothing to see here lol. Sorry for the bump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad