Speculation: Neutral Fan Proposals

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Kings send 2OV, Vilardi, 2021 1st

Buffalo sends Eichel
If Eichel is pushing to leave I could see something like this

So, this definitely gets into core players, but...

Marner for Doughty

Maybe LA adds a little given Doughty's age and performance last year. Both are overpaid at this point. Doughty fits Leafs positional needs while Marner aligns better with Kings rebuild.

Zero chance from Toronto. Doughty will be headed for decline while Marner has a chance to play to his contract. They're both overpaid but headed in different directions.

Last edited:

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I'm not surprised you couldn't find anything else to argue on that post. Because it just contains cold, hard numbers.

But yeah, I'm the one delusional to suggest Ehlers and Domi aren't in two completely different universes...
You want context? One player is signed long term @ 6m/per, the other is a soon to be RFA with arb rights and recently hired an agent known for long holdouts. There is your context.

No one said "in completely different universes" and the answer to your rant was already in here, on the same page, which you conveniently ignored.

But keep up the good fight, champ.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
What does Preds add for taking on that dump?

Since it seems like the Ottawa one doesn't work on optics alone, I assume that Detroit would do it for a pick?

The Winnipeg one was one dump for another, but Winnipeg does it because they can actually get value out of Turris buy giving him favorable play time as a 2C vs unable to maximize Perrault and Nashville maybe does it because Perrault's cap hit is 2/3 of Turris so has a better buy out than Turris? (Didn't research this deeply before posting it yesterday)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To add to the Domi/Ehlers talk, I am a fan of neither team.

Domi: 51(pace), 72, 45, 53(pace)
Ehlers: 67(pace), 49 (pace), 60, 64

To me, it looks like year by year:
Ehlers is likely to be a 60-65 point guy
Domi is likely to be a 50-55 point guy

Does Domi's position, physicality edge make up the difference? What will Domi and his agent want for a contract as that also could sway things.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Domi is 25 years old. Ehlers is 24.
Domi has an average of 55 points per 82 games played. Ehlers has 57.
In the past two seasons, Domi has an average of 62 points per 82 games played. Ehlers 59.
Domi plays center. Ehlers plays winger.
Domi career-high in goals: 28. Ehlers: 29.
In the past two seasons, Domi hasn't missed one game due to injuries. Ehlers looks like he has missed quite a bit.

Statements like "DoMi DoEsN'T HoLd AnYwHeRe ClOsE tO tHaT VaLuE" are just misguided and prove how little you know about Domi. Bear in mind that Domi hasn't had to quality of teammates Ehlers had in Winnipeg either.

People talk about Habs fans overrating their players. Jets fans are about 10 times worse.
Explain why you think this adds value to Domi?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
To add to the Domi/Ehlers talk, I am a fan of neither team.

Domi: 51(pace), 72, 45, 53(pace)
Ehlers: 67(pace), 49 (pace), 60, 64

To me, it looks like year by year:
Ehlers is likely to be a 60-65 point guy
Domi is likely to be a 50-55 point guy

Does Domi's position, physicality edge make up the difference? What will Domi and his agent want for a contract as that also could sway things.
I think any difference that it makes up, is washed completely away by Ehlers long term team friendly contract

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think any difference that it makes up, is washed completely away by Ehlers long term team friendly contract
And it could. But until Domi's long term deal is known, that could change. Maybe Domi signs a great deal too. But 100% the contract being "unknown" works in Ehlers favor for sure because Domi and his agent could be looking for 6-7 million. Just don't know right now. But I am willing to bet that the agent will be pushing the "70 point upside" of Domi, and not just accept the 50-55 usual Domi. To me, Domi's 70+ point season is as unlikely as his 45 point season. He seems much more likely to be in the middle of both...50-55.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
To Carolina: #40, Laine & Poolman

To Winnipeg: #13, Necas, & Pesce
I wouldn't do that deal if I were Carolina. Canes should just be patient. There will be plenty of forwards available on the market looking for homes. There will be a good deal for a good forward eventually such that they won't have to give a core piece to get one of those players. They just have to wait and be patient.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
And it could. But until Domi's long term deal is known, that could change. Maybe Domi signs a great deal too. But 100% the contract being "unknown" works in Ehlers favor for sure because Domi and his agent could be looking for 6-7 million. Just don't know right now. But I am willing to bet that the agent will be pushing the "70 point upside" of Domi, and not just accept the 50-55 usual Domi. To me, Domi's 70+ point season is as unlikely as his 45 point season. He seems much more likely to be in the middle of both...50-55.
If they signed the idential contract sure, the value i think is close to a wash, but I'd prefer Ehlers still. I thought I read Domi was asking for something in the 8 + range. Not sure where I read it, could have been on here so could just be BS. But say Domi did sign for 8 +, that's a big No from WPG.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If they signed the idential contract sure, the value i think is close to a wash, but I'd prefer Ehlers still. I thought I read Domi was asking for something in the 8 + range. Not sure where I read it, could have been on here so could just be BS. But say Domi did sign for 8 +, that's a big No from WPG.
of for sure. Domi isn't worth 8. Not even close.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
That poster has been trying to push Domi to Winnipeg for weeks now..... we, mostly, just ignore him now... unless we need a good laugh

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Since it seems like the Ottawa one doesn't work on optics alone, I assume that Detroit would do it for a pick?

The Winnipeg one was one dump for another, but Winnipeg does it because they can actually get value out of Turris buy giving him favorable play time as a 2C vs unable to maximize Perrault and Nashville maybe does it because Perrault's cap hit is 2/3 of Turris so has a better buy out than Turris? (Didn't research this deeply before posting it yesterday)
Perra has like what 1 years left, turris has 4. Nashville needs to retain max and Keep add if Jets gonna take him

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Perra has like what 1 years left, turris has 4. Nashville needs to retain max and Keep add if Jets gonna take him

You're probably correct then. My bad, somehow I thought Perrault had 2-3 years left vs Turris' 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad