Speculation: Neutral Fan Proposals

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't care which ground rules this proposal may or may not have complied with.

It was on the board at the time, so I gave my opinion on it.

That's it, that's all.

It’s like you were wearing Mickey Mouse gloves.

Why would the Avs trade Makar? The very idea is unrealistic. He already has a huge impact on games for a winning team. And for another year he costs a tenth of what Eichel does.

Seriously. The absurdity of some of these comments is so off the rails, how can it not be trolling?

John Sandow

Jul 10, 2020
It’s like you were wearing Mickey Mouse gloves.

Why would the Avs trade Makar? The very idea is unrealistic. He already has a huge impact on games for a winning team. And for another year he costs a tenth of what Eichel does.

Seriously. The absurdity of some of these comments is so off the rails, how can it not be trolling?

No, I'm not trolling.

You're right, why would the Avs trade Makar? He's a 21 year old defenceman on an ELC, on his way up?

The Avs don't even need Eichel, they have Nate already, and Kadri, and Newhook eventually.

But that has nothing to do with the proposal itself. I was simply looking at it from face value, and even though it makes zero sense, and Cale may yet become a better player than Jack one day, he's nowhere close now, despite as I said: being the hot commodity of the moment.

That's how I see it. Disagree if you like.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Very disappointing thread since 90% of the proposals posters could even be bothered to stick to the clearly stated "try not to include core players or untouchables". I put that in because it obviously takes away from the part where I said "be realistic".

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I would make a similar Choice as well . That’s what muller did . Worked well to . Danault wants to be a point producer when he’s really not . To bad Danault wouldn’t buy in though . My only change is I’d keep Armia on one of the two scoring lines and use Byron with Danault and lekkonen

Carbonneau and/or Gainey should sit with Danault, and explain to him that his only shot at hockey immortality is if he becomes one of them lol

Last edited:

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
Really? I get that Makar's the hot commodity right now in terms of offensive d-men, but so was Mike Green at one point. Yeah, Cale's a phenomenal skater, but even adding Kadri and picks doesn't come close to a proven franchise centre only 2 years older. Unless Jack does indeed want out of Buffalo, in that case yes, It's a good package.

But why does either team do it? Col already has lots of centre depth and Buf has Dahlin. It makes no sense for either team.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
But why does either team do it? Col already has lots of centre depth and Buf has Dahlin. It makes no sense for either team.
You guys are hilarious. One guy giving me shit because its too in favor of Colorado, the other saying it favors Buff. Then we get a comment why it makes no sense to have two elite centermen? Lmao, as if the penguins haven't shown that two elite centermen is a handful in the playoffs and a formula for winning the cup. If eichel is really trying to get out, good luck trying to get eichel value.

f***ing chill out you pricks. This is just for fun.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Here are some things I came up with... Who knows how good they are, as again, im not really a fan of these teams:

1). Carolina would like to improve its goaltending, Pittsburgh would like to get younger and needs help on D.

M. Murray <---> J. Bean. (Carolina would then have too find a way to dump one of their spare goalies, but I'm not including that as a return piece in this deal because Pittsburgh wouldn't have the room.)

2). TB is in cap trouble, and needs to move salary. They likely really want to keep Sergachev/Cernak and Cirelli. They likely are going to have to move Killorn/Gourde/Johnson. Johnson did not play that well as of late, so I will not include him in this deal. Calgary needs to shake things up, and has been pondering moving its star players. I suggest going the opposite way, and paying for some win now players and giving up some futures.

A. Killorn + Y. Gourde <-->. 2020 2nd, 2021 2nd + Sam Bennett.

TB would be giving up good players, on solid deals, so it will cost Calgary something. I think Calgary has the room for these players if they weaken their D core a little or sign their UFA's cheaper (Brodie?). In either case, would be interesting to add a lot more firepower to Calgary's offence.

Feel free to tell me how far off I am on these deals. But I was focusing on team needs, and may be a little off on value and Cap room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad