Speculation: Neutral Fan Proposals

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
For Jets and Preds... Perrault for Turris straight up?

Preds dump Turris who is someone they can't really use due to a logjam for a lower salary player. Jets get rid of a player they can't use/don't like in Perrault and for a tiny bit of extra cap, they have someone who legitimately is a better option in the 2C slot than someone like Wheeler while Little is out?

Turris to Detroit or Ottawa also seems to make sense. Both teams have more ability to allow Turris to play as a middle 6 C.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I wonder if Ducks and TML would try to trade again. TML should offer a kings ransom for Gibson. Something crazy like Nylander, Sandin and Andersen for Gibson ish (unsure what the balancer would be). Ducks super speed their retool by adding talent up top and adding a nice D prospect to their looted d corps and can possibly go on a last huzzah with Getzlaff. TML upgrade in net with one of the top goalies in the league and also walk away with extra cap space to chase AP.

That's awful value for Toronto. Gibson hasn't played like a top goalie for last two seasons. If the Leafs are trading Nylander + Sandin. It would be for a top 4 defenceman +

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
To critique your trade idea other than the value aspect, Calgary really doesn't seem to like Russians for some odd reason. I'm confused how moving Monahan gets us ready for life after Gaudreau (A short contract).

My sense from afar is that Gaudreau is the straw that stirs the drink on that line creatively. Kuznetsov brings that same playmaking element to a lineup. From center, that frees up the Flames to do some different things on the wings and get away from a stale lineup construction.

Reactions: Mazatt and Fig

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
For Jets and Preds... Perrault for Turris straight up?

Preds dump Turris who is someone they can't really use due to a logjam for a lower salary player. Jets get rid of a player they can't use/don't like in Perrault and for a tiny bit of extra cap, they have someone who legitimately is a better option in the 2C slot than someone like Wheeler while Little is out?

Turris to Detroit or Ottawa also seems to make sense. Both teams have more ability to allow Turris to play as a middle 6 C.
Turris is not going back to Ottawa, LOL.

At that point he have to be publicly apologizing to Melnyk or something which would be utterly humiliating for him .

Reactions: TheNewEra and Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
That's awful value for Toronto. Gibson hasn't played like a top goalie for last two seasons. If the Leafs are trading Nylander + Sandin. It would be for a top 4 defenceman +

I'm not fully in agreement of your evaluation of Gibson, but I'm not going to pretend my evaluation of the TML players if accurate enough either. I was expecting Ducks to add something medium, but it seems the add needs to be upgraded. If I read into what you're saying...

Are the Ducks and TML talking or one side hanging up the phone in a conversation about:

Gibson + Fowler/Lindholm for Andersen + Sandin + Nylander?

Ducks do a quality for quantity trade, get younger, save real cash.
TML upgrades some of their weaker parts of their roster to attempt to better contend.

Or is it just bad fit between the two clubs?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Turris is not going back to Ottawa, LOL.

At that point he have to be publicly apologizing to Melnyk or something which would be utterly humiliating for him .

I don't understand the context of this comment. Can you elaborate?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't understand the context of this comment. Can you elaborate?
He went off a bit on the media, trying to blame Melnyk for not wanting to sign him (implying he was being cheap) and saying management wanted him back.

The Sens GM (who is still their GM) had to publicly go on twitter and deny the allegations.

Turris wife even quoted and laughed at the GM's statement.

It got a bit messy.

Reactions: Fig

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
OEL and 2021 4th round pick to Boston for Debrusk, Zboril and 2020 2nd

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Trying to pick trades where salary cap plays a big part

B Smith NYR and 2 3's Ottawa for 7

M Murray to DET for their 2 (yes pick 32)

Toronto trades Robertson to VAN for Demko (Tor save 4m in salary cap at G, then we can talk AP). Demko going to have a high cost.

Stepan to Buffalo for 5. ARI gets 6.5m cap space, Buf seems to have internal cap on how much they will pay. Stepan actual cash only 2m after bonus.

Reactions: BernieParent

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Since it's just a bit of fun hope these don't anger anyone too much

Habs : Malkin
Pens : 1st 2020, 2nd 2020, Fleury, Danault, Poehling

CAR : MAF -1.5 retain, McNabb
VGK : Gardiner, BUF 3rd 2020, Reimer

NJ: Zuccarello
MIN: Zacha

WPG: Dumba, 9th overall, Kunin
MIN: Laine

EDM: Johnsson
TOR: Larsson

CGY: Rakell
ANA: 19th overall(am neutral promise:-D)

Reactions: qqaz

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016

I'd accept that leafs deal, maybe we throw in a late pick to get some retention on Larsson.

w/o Robertson

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Barabonov
Rodrigues - Spezza/FA - Gauthier/Malgin/Brooks/Agostino/Korshkov

W/ Robertson

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kerfoot - Engvall
Rodrigues - Gauthier/Brooks/Spezza - Barabonov

Defence

Rielly- Larsson
Muzzin - Lehtonen
Dermott - Holl

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
TB’s Gourde to Colorado for Kaut

Laine + Roslovic to NYR for Kakko + Deangelo + 3rd

Roslovic to Minny for a 3rd

DeAngelo is better suited to play in the USA with less media & fan attention........his views on non hockey matters would get him crucified in any Canadian fishbowl hockey city.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
TB’s Gourde to Colorado for Kaut

Laine + Roslovic to NYR for Kakko + Deangelo + 3rd

Roslovic to Minny for a 3rd

This would not be a priority move. The Avs have the flexibility to wait to see what shakes out and what other opportunities present themselves. There are only so many teams that have the flexibility to take on salaries. It would be a mistake to make this move prematurely depending on what their other objectives might be. If everything materializes and this is the last piece of the puzzle, then maybe but not necessarily.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

I hate the Montreal one . Malkin doesn’t have much left

Reactions: Devonator

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
So, this definitely gets into core players, but...

Marner for Doughty

Maybe LA adds a little given Doughty's age and performance last year. Both are overpaid at this point. Doughty fits Leafs positional needs while Marner aligns better with Kings rebuild.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

The winnipeg and wild one is so bad. I asked a question and others here have told me Laine is a winger. Wild aren't trading for anymore wingers and especially giving up dumba, 9th overall and Kunin. dont care about kunin, but he's only right handed player on the wild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad