Speculation: Neutral Fan Proposals

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Danault will lead all forwards in even strength TOI/gm next year too, mark my words. He won't be on the 4th line.

It's possible. Personnaly, I wouldn't mind putting Danault with Lekhonen and Arnia just to stop the top line of the other team. And then you go with a Suzuki or a Kotkaniemi line to attack

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I've been pushing Perreault/Sutter for Russell for a solid year now. It just makes sense.

It really does. Russell wants to stay in Western Canada or the Praries. Peg is paper thin on D. Oil are paper thin with bottom 6 forwards

Jets have young F they want to make room for, Oil have young D they want to play

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Mine doesn't make sense anymore. Before the Klefbom injury I would have dealt Nurse for Palmieri. I right shot scorer who can skate would be a bit scary with McDavid. NJD needs a defenseman badly too.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Colorado easily says no
As does Buffalo.

Not a good fit for either team. Avs already have McKinnon who is in the same tier as Eichel. Teams are lucky to have one center of that kind of quality, let alone two.

Pittsburgh or Edmonton are an anomaly in that regard and have to compromise on other positions to make up for it.

Sabres don't get a replacement for Eichel and don't need another offensive RHD, even one as good as Makar.

Last edited:

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
Patrik Laine for John Klingberg, Jason Robertson and a 1st 2021.

1st could be flipped for assets later on.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It really does. Russell wants to stay in Western Canada or the Praries. Peg is paper thin on D. Oil are paper thin with bottom 6 forwards

Jets have young F they want to make room for, Oil have young D they want to play
With Klefbom out don’t you need Russell?

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Not a neutral fan, but Montour for an equivalent LHD, RW or G seems like a logical possibility.

I think some Canucks fans suggested Virtanen for Montour.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I've been pushing Perreault/Sutter for Russell for a solid year now. It just makes sense.

A Jets fan might have to weigh in and clarify, but I thought the issue they have for their d being paper thin is because they have a bunch of 4/5/6 playing in spots they have no business playing in. Isn't adding Russell just adding to that chaos and creating a log jam? I was under the impression that Jets need legit top 4 dmen, not more 4/5/6 dmen because Morrisey and Pionk aren't able to keep that top 4 respectable if it has lots of 4/5/6/ dmen cycling through it.

Last season, my understanding is that Russell might have been useful, but that was heavily due to injuries they were experiencing to their roster players and farm hands due to over work with the sudden loss of Buff.

Not a neutral fan, but Montour for an equivalent LHD, RW or G seems like a logical possibility.

I think some Canucks fans suggested Virtanen for Montour.

As a neutral fan, isn't there still quite a bit of gap between Virtanen and Montour? Or is Montour's value not as high as I thought it was?

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
What abouy just the 2020 1st? As a ducks fan i was hopeing we could try to follow that up and get Byram from you in a trade for Rakell and Manson. Not sure what that lineup would be but if you guys have McKinnon, Rantanen, Eichel, Rakell and a little help from Manson on the backend you guys would be unstoppable.
I could see the Avs trading their ‘20 first but it wouldn’t be for Eichel since the Avs trading for him makes no sense whatsoever. Plus Makar isn’t being traded for anything, and Kadri is more than acceptable as the Avs 2c while Newhook is still developing.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
What abouy just the 2020 1st? As a ducks fan i was hopeing we could try to follow that up and get Byram from you in a trade for Rakell and Manson. Not sure what that lineup would be but if you guys have McKinnon, Rantanen, Eichel, Rakell and a little help from Manson on the backend you guys would be unstoppable.

....Except we wouldn't have Makar on the back end and nothing in the pipeline for decent Dmen. We would actually have a f***ing awful future

Ringo13

Jul 9, 2007
Great idea for a thread. I'll take it a step further. I'll try to make a trade or 2 involving my least favorite teams.

Toronto trades Nylander to Montreal for Domi and the rights to Danault. (Potential picks involved?)
Calgary trades Monahan for Duchesne

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
It's possible. Personnaly, I wouldn't mind putting Danault with Lekhonen and Arnia just to stop the top line of the other team. And then you go with a Suzuki or a Kotkaniemi line to attack

I would make a similar Choice as well . That’s what muller did . Worked well to . Danault wants to be a point producer when he’s really not . To bad Danault wouldn’t buy in though . My only change is I’d keep Armia on one of the two scoring lines and use Byron with Danault and lekkonen

Reactions: Bouboumaster

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
In a shocking turn of events, the neutral fan proposals thread turned into people bickering about their teams.

It’s important that people adhere to the part in the OP about staying clear of the core players. That was mentioned for a reason and when people aren’t able to comprehend this, it can easily be interpreted as using “neutrality” as a shield when trolling.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

Why would you think that? No and no.

John Sandow

Jul 10, 2020
Eichel is worth a lot...but that package from Colorado would be the highest trade value of any offer in the past 20 years basically. Way too much to give up.

Really? I get that Makar's the hot commodity right now in terms of offensive d-men, but so was Mike Green at one point. Yeah, Cale's a phenomenal skater, but even adding Kadri and picks doesn't come close to a proven franchise centre only 2 years older. Unless Jack does indeed want out of Buffalo, in that case yes, It's a good package.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Really? I get that Makar's the hot commodity right now in terms of offensive d-men, but so was Mike Green at one point. Yeah, Cale's a phenomenal skater, but even adding Kadri and picks doesn't come close to a proven franchise centre only 2 years older. Unless Jack does indeed want out of Buffalo, in that case yes, It's a good package.

That offer didn’t even comply with the ground rules. It was made by a trolling Ducks fan. Now you’re trolling.

John Sandow

Jul 10, 2020
That offer didn’t even comply with the ground rules. It was made by a trolling Ducks fan. Now you’re trolling.

I don't care which ground rules this proposal may or may not have complied with.

It was on the board at the time, so I gave my opinion on it.

That's it, that's all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad