Player Discussion Neon Leon Draisaitl

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
McDavid. But yes we are very lucky to have these 2 weapons at our disposal. It’s why our 4th line barely plays. If the D and G where steady we are contenders for the next 6-7 years.
fix´d.

This teams Loudly needs a new goalie. And a extra spare D. I dont think 3 versions of Bouchard is the recipe for a great D core ( bouchard, Barrie, Broberg)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The crowd should have waited a shift before the MVP MVP chant.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Oh god, not this cringe-worthy thread again.

"NEoN LeOn"

tim-gunn-eww-gross.gif

Reactions: Stoneman89

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
He's been better than even McDavid in the playoffs including playing injured last year. Just seems to be built for it and has the perfect style.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
We focus a lot on his ability to pass the puck, shoot the puck, and win face offs.

What's not talked about enough is his penalty killing abilities.

The 2014 3rd Overall pick is the most well rounded player on the team, and possibly in the league.

He may not be as flashy as Connor McDavid, but it would be extremely difficult to decide who would be first overall if they were to be drafted at the same time.

Neon Leon is pretty much Ryan Nugent-Hopkins + Connor McDavid in one.

To have such talent players on our team to watch, we are lucky.

For fun, who would you draft today if they were in the same draft year?

McDavid would go 1st overall in 10 drafts out of 10. Its not about being superior by far, its a gap,but a small, but significant gap.

McDavid is more consecvent. And having a bit faster processor in his head. M3anwhile Leon is a bit lile a chessplayer, now earmier where to go.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
McDavid in a vacuum is a better player. Leon however uses his linemates better. Leon's hockey IQ is Gretzkysque.

Reactions: LucaBrasil

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
In light of playing the kings and kopitar I’ll always remember that World Cup of hockey as Leon’s breakout party on team Europe playing with kopitar who was his idol if I recall correctly
My favourite Draisaitl+Kopitar moment was when James Duthie interviewed MacT right after he got picked. Duthie asked "I know you don't expect him to be as good as Kopitar", but MacTavish was like "Nope you're damn right I expect him to be". Draisaitl just had the most uncomfortable facial expression you'll ever see lol. Back in the day I thought Draisaitl was bewildered that MacT was putting so much pressure on him, comparing him to a future Hall of Famer, but turns out he was insulted about being compared to a mere mortal.

Also it's always funny looking back and seeing the scouting report misses.
1682008916897.png

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
My favourite Draisaitl+Kopitar moment was when James Duthie interviewed MacT right after he got picked. Duthie asked "I know you don't expect him to be as good as Kopitar", but MacTavish was like "Nope you're damn right I expect him to be". Draisaitl just had the most uncomfortable facial expression you'll ever see lol. Back in the day I thought Draisaitl was bewildered that MacT was putting so much pressure on him, comparing him to a future Hall of Famer, but turns out he was insulted about being compared to a mere mortal.

View attachment 692559
Scouting were right about Draisaitl. What they left out was development. While others development are linear or stagnant, Draisaitl scales exponentially.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

View attachment 692559
The report is mostly good though. Maybe a bit high on skating based on what he was the first couple seasons. But to single out creativity is spot on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad