Player Discussion Neon Leon Draisaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mentioned this elsewhere that Drai has 8 more career playoff pts than McD has. Pretty extraordinary considering Drai played the longest postseason the two have ever had on basically one leg.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My favourite Draisaitl+Kopitar moment was when James Duthie interviewed MacT right after he got picked. Duthie asked "I know you don't expect him to be as good as Kopitar", but MacTavish was like "Nope you're damn right I expect him to be". Draisaitl just had the most uncomfortable facial expression you'll ever see lol. Back in the day I thought Draisaitl was bewildered that MacT was putting so much pressure on him, comparing him to a future Hall of Famer, but turns out he was insulted about being compared to a mere mortal.

Also it's always funny looking back and seeing the scouting report misses.
View attachment 692559
hot take. Pretty sure Drai has some respect for how Kopitar plays the game.

IN anycase thanks MacT for Drai and Nurse. These were your last positive contributions but enormously significant.

Reactions: dsi

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I posted this before but the playoff record for most goals in one season is 19. Drai has 11 in 7GP which is phenomenal. Really its unparalleled. Even scoring a few more puts Drai in company of the top playoff one season goal scorers of alltime.

Its absolutely incredible what Leon is doing again this post season.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Mentioned this elsewhere that Drai has 8 more career playoff pts than McD has. Pretty extraordinary considering Drai played the longest postseason the two have ever had on basically one leg.
Well this season Connor is clearly not healthy at the moment. I have yet to see his normal explosive skating in the postseason. Drai definitely had the better postseason in their first year when Kessler was basically dry humping Connor all series long against the Ducks. Drai had numbers last playoffs but Connor was driving the bus, now Leon is healthy and Connor is not and the script has flipped.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Just wanted to add to the collection of insane Draisaitl playoff stats:

We're potentially seeing the best playoff performer of all time here. Incredible.

Just in a tier of his own (obviously ESP/60 wasn't tracked prior to the 90s but still). There are clowns out there who think he's a "power play merchant" btw.
1683574082996.png

Last edited:

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
Well this season Connor is clearly not healthy at the moment. I have yet to see his normal explosive skating in the postseason. Drai definitely had the better postseason in their first year when Kessler was basically dry humping Connor all series long against the Ducks. Drai had numbers last playoffs but Connor was driving the bus, now Leon is healthy and Connor is not and the script has flipped.
Small difference but I think it’s 6 point between the two

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers fans watch regular season Drai and comment on how lazy he looks and how bad he is playing. It's cuz we know so well what he's capable of.
It should make it kind of okay though. Maybe if he didn't manage himself in the season he wouldn't have quite as much to give in the playoffs

Reactions: Drivesaitl

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
That was a felony intent to injure slash on draisaitl. ive seen that ridiculous dishonorable intent to injure in many key players veterans within division play. Tampa and trouba are bug offenders. A two hand slash should reignite that fighting needs to come back to be HONORABLE .. not this plastic bottle estrogen dominance Slash and Run Away ..
curious what people think as face shields give false courage. not sure anything is that simple but WOW .. That's a felony one to three years in many states fir intent to injure w a weapon

Reactions: yakcity1064

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
That was a felony intent to injure slash on draisaitl. ive seen that ridiculous dishonorable intent to injure in many key players veterans within division play. Tampa and trouba are bug offenders. A two hand slash should reignite that fighting needs to come back to be HONORABLE .. not this plastic bottle estrogen dominance Slash and Run Away ..
curious what people think as face shields give false courage. not sure anything is that simple but WOW .. That's a felony one to three years in many states fir intent to injure w a weapon

Calm down. Crosby took a guys finger off.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Calm down. Crosby took a guys finger off.
calm down, yr funny. . did you watch the video slowed down? .. you must be young and ill attempt to empathize w emotional playoff Hegelian dialectic , in design to produce your reaction

I must say though, Championing slewfoot sporto tool of amazing rationalizations Mark Stone and embracing a Guy that actually moved his hands up to get a better swing in the axe like fashion to injure a guy more talented than him is the act of a jealous girl, not a hockey play that even the Hanson's could employ. I'm just saying as a fan, wouldn't you rather he grabbed him actually pummeled him with his hands instead of Slash and Run. Nuance.. Thats all . If i have an agenda it's honor removing face shield to retain that threat of getting properly pummeled for lame behavior thru fighting.
Something to consider. i was hoping for more but playoffs , you have to have the teams back except when i actually watch it If a kid took a pool cue and tried to break a guys wrist in the same fashion , he'd get 1 to 3.. Not that i agree w any consequences for people unwilling to defend themselves.. Anyway , good luck w the series. it's become even more entertaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: yakcity1064

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Been quite a while since Draisaitl thread has had some action.

Neon Leon has been more, much more than anticipated when he signed his contract.
Always counted on to carry a rookie or slumping player.
A beast in the playoffs.

One of my favorite for sure. I hope he likes it here where he is overlooked a lot because of McDavid.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Been quite a while since Draisaitl thread has had some action.

Neon Leon has been more, much more than anticipated when he signed his contract.
Always counted on to carry a rookie or slumping player.
A beast in the playoffs.

One of my favorite for sure. I hope he likes it here where he is overlooked a lot because of McDavid.
IMO we have the 2 best players in the game. We need to get these men some damn time with the cup and championship banners here!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
calm down, yr funny. . did you watch the video slowed down? .. you must be young and ill attempt to empathize w emotional playoff Hegelian dialectic , in design to produce your reaction

I must say though, Championing slewfoot sporto tool of amazing rationalizations Mark Stone and embracing a Guy that actually moved his hands up to get a better swing in the axe like fashion to injure a guy more talented than him is the act of a jealous girl, not a hockey play that even the Hanson's could employ. I'm just saying as a fan, wouldn't you rather he grabbed him actually pummeled him with his hands instead of Slash and Run. Nuance.. Thats all . If i have an agenda it's honor removing face shield to retain that threat of getting properly pummeled for lame behavior thru fighting.
Something to consider. i was hoping for more but playoffs , you have to have the teams back except when i actually watch it If a kid took a pool cue and tried to break a guys wrist in the same fashion , he'd get 1 to 3.. Not that i agree w any consequences for people unwilling to defend themselves.. Anyway , good luck w the series. it's become even more entertaining.
Just stumbled on this post and trying to understand it. Is this supposed to be in English, or is it a mixture of other languages?

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad