Player Discussion Neon Leon Draisaitl

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
I see your point. I don't disagree. Same draft, knowing everything I know now... I still take McDavid.

He was pretty much instantly a superstar while Drai had some growing pains. So the first 3 years are a slam dunk. From an ELC perspective, he may be the best value ever.

After that it is damn close. Happy we have both.
This, everybody picks McDavid even the Flame trolls. But recently Drai has been top shelf. Better than Crosby, McKinnon etc. I laugh when bozos claim he’s horrible defensively.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
As the beer guy posted, Neon Leon will be playing his 500th NHL game tonight. The 1 goal and 1 assist he’s going to get will further separate him from the current points leaderboard.

Ovechkin (#8 from the Washington Capitals) is on a mission to beat Wayne Gretzky’s NHL goals record.

I will be actively checking each and everyone of their games, hoping Alexander Ovechkin does infact beat the record. But, Neon Leon WILL always be ahead of #8’s goals scored from this season and on.

If this doesn’t happen (which it will). I will buy you Rickards Red in place of the Rocket Richard.

Good luck to Neon Leon tonight.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
As the beer guy posted, Neon Leon will be playing his 500th NHL game tonight. The 1 goal and 1 assist he’s going to get will further separate him from the current points leaderboard.

Ovechkin (#8 from the Washington Capitals) is on a mission to beat Wayne Gretzky’s NHL goals record.

I will be actively checking each and everyone of their games, hoping Alexander Ovechkin does infact beat the record. But, Neon Leon WILL always be ahead of #8’s goals scored from this season and on.

If this doesn’t happen (which it will). I will buy you Rickards Red in place of the Rocket Richard.

More unfulfilled promises of free beer? The fact that Ovie is still among the top goalscorers is incredible.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Just to confuse outsiders can we start a thread with the title “Connor Mcdavid Sucks: Compared To Free Beer”…? :sarcasm:

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Maybe you can wake up Neon Leon in time for Tuesday's game against Minnesota. He had a good sleep tonight.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Draisaitl led the league in completed slot passes. He is such a complete offensive package. Note how big an advantage Matthews gets from playing with Mitch Marner.

1651413806844.png

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Draisaitl led the league in completed slot passes. He is such a complete offensive package. Note how big an advantage Matthews gets from playing with Mitch Marner.

View attachment 538536
There is a stat for this? lol. Anything on passes through legs?
Post automatically merged:

We focus a lot on his ability to pass the puck, shoot the puck, and win face offs.

What's not talked about enough is his penalty killing abilities.

The 2014 3rd Overall pick is the most well rounded player on the team, and possibly in the league.

He may not be as flashy as Connor McDavid, but it would be extremely difficult to decide who would be first overall if they were to be drafted at the same time.

Neon Leon is pretty much Ryan Nugent-Hopkins + Connor McDavid in one.

To have such talent players on our team to watch, we are lucky.

For fun, who would you draft today if they were in the same draft year?
Time to revisit this. Who are you going to pick today?:D

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

View attachment 538536
That's actually quite surprising given the fact that he only finished with 55 assists and those other players totalled assists ranging from 85-65. I think it's a testament to the lack of finish from his wingers or simply bad luck.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
My apologies if I’m repeating what many have already said, but I thought this dedicated Thread was worth bumping. I simply wanted to express my appreciation and admiration for what this amazing player dealt with and played through these Playoffs.

Louie DeBrusk had a quote on a Podcast I just listened to, “Draisaitl is the best stationary passer in the league, no question.”

What Leon did from Game 6 of the opening Round (when the injury appears to have occurred) is nothing short of inspiring.

Just a tough, skilled player who has shown how competitive & talented he is to any fan of the Game who might have doubted him being among the Top 5, prior.

F307A236-5B2C-476D-8FBA-6BBC221BDE07.gif

(Thanks to @Fixed to Ruin for the original GIF that I edited)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad