Player Discussion Neon Leon Draisaitl

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
We focus a lot on his ability to pass the puck, shoot the puck, and win face offs.

What's not talked about enough is his penalty killing abilities.

The 2014 3rd Overall pick is the most well rounded player on the team, and possibly in the league.

He may not be as flashy as Connor McDavid, but it would be extremely difficult to decide who would be first overall if they were to be drafted at the same time.

Neon Leon is pretty much Ryan Nugent-Hopkins + Connor McDavid in one.

To have such talent players on our team to watch, we are lucky.

For fun, who would you draft today if they were in the same draft year?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
We focus a lot on his ability to pass the puck, shoot the puck, and win face offs.

The 2014 3rd Overall pick is the most well rounded player on the team, and possibly in the league.

He may not be as flashy as Connor McDavid, but it would be extremely difficult to decide who would be first overall if they were to be drafted at the same time.

Dude enough with these threads. Why are you trying to create havoc? Just to get attention? Grow up

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
27A45CAE-9F25-49D0-83F3-FBCCEB1EAD74.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

McDavid. But yes we are very lucky to have these 2 weapons at our disposal. It’s why our 4th line barely plays. If the 3rd line can be more effective and the D more impactful and the G steady we are contenders for the next 6-7 years.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I see your point. I don't disagree. Same draft, knowing everything I know now... I still take McDavid.

He was pretty much instantly a superstar while Drai had some growing pains. So the first 3 years are a slam dunk. From an ELC perspective, he may be the best value ever.

After that it is damn close. Happy we have both.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
I see your point. I don't disagree. Same draft, knowing everything I know now... I still take McDavid.

He was pretty much instantly a superstar while Drai had some growing pains. So the first 3 years are a slam dunk. From an ELC perspective, he may be the best value ever.

After that it is damn close. Happy we have both.

hard to believe that an 18 year old kid stepped into this league and DOMINATED

Reactions: Czechboy

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I'm probably one of Leon's biggest supporters but I think McDavid still goes first. Many people around the league still discredit Leon as a quick glance at the mains reveals. The words "defensive liability" and "product of McDavid" still come up occasionally even today. However, even if Leon received his due respect, Connor still goes first. As someone else mentioned, Connor was an immediate superstar while Leon took years to reach this level.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I dont get why this is a thread but ill thrown in my 2 cents.

McDavid is a generational player from birth basically. Leon is an uberstar but not imo "generational".

McDavid does things practically physically impossible at speeds unattainable...

McDavid = Lemuix/Crosby level talent. Drai = Jagr/Malkin level superstar.

Myself. Generational or not I take Draisaitl on my team over McDavid. He is the superior two way center, Faceoffs, PK, and seems to play well with almost anyone. Bigger impact on winning even while being less "talented". Less talented but better at winning hockey games.

CN8

May 31, 2010
Canada
This year could change a lot of perception whether right or wrong
Will look a lot different between:
McDavid 4 art Ross 3 hart
Drai 1 art Ross 1 hart
Or
McDavid 3 Art Ross 2 hart
Drai 2 Art Ross 2 hart

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Draisaitl may very well be the best all around player in the league. That said, while both are great (and IMO the best 2 players in the league), when Connor is on his game there is no one that can dominate a game like he can.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Change your underwear

Reactions: Senor Catface

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca