Player Discussion Neon Leon Draisaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
View attachment 486578

This is todays selection from the German Beer Advent Calender.

Leon approves of this post.

(yes the mug is Belgian….Germany always invades them so they are like another province anyway)

I miss German or Czech beers since I was diagnosed Celiac. Crap. No Brit beers or Stout for me either now. Wouldn't be the same going to Europe now. Go to a Brit Pub and order what? Go to Oktoberfest and...

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Not sure if OP is an Oil fan or Flames fan who comes to stir up crap among the Oil community.
Let's imagine an NHL where all of the teams instinctively choose to double or triple team Drai instead of McDavid when both of them are on the ice. Leaving McDavid open to do everything he's capable of when left unchecked.
McDavid would likely have 35 goals by now.

Drai is a monster.
Should have been drafted 1st overall, but not by a country mile, Eklbad is a monster in his own right.
Drai is a sizzling hot superstar and the German hockey community should 100% consider him a generational player in regards to international hockey, but in the NHL he is not a generational player like McDavid is.

McDavid could stop evolving now and become a static player and he'd constantly be a handful for opposing teams for the next decade. But that isn't going to happen. Game by game, season by season McDavid will pick up on tricks of the trade to figure out how to become more efficient with his gifts, allowing him to become more effective even past the years of his prime just as Sidney Crosby as done.

While Drai will continue to evolve, it'll be different. I'm sure he'll still be great at the age of 32 or even 34, it'll be different just like it was for Malkin, because they never quote had the upside of the generational players.

If we had Matthews of Mackinnon on our team this would be a much more appropriate conversation, but that's not the case.

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Not sure if OP is an Oil fan or Flames fan who comes to stir up crap among the Oil community.
Let's imagine an NHL where all of the teams instinctively choose to double or triple team Drai instead of McDavid when both of them are on the ice. Leaving McDavid open to do everything he's capable of when left unchecked.
McDavid would likely have 35 goals by now.

Drai is a monster.
Should have been drafted 1st overall, but not by a country mile, Eklbad is a monster in his own right.
Drai is a sizzling hot superstar and the German hockey community should 100% consider him a generational player in regards to international hockey, but in the NHL he is not a generational player like McDavid is.

McDavid could stop evolving now and become a static player and he'd constantly be a handful for opposing teams for the next decade. But that isn't going to happen. Game by game, season by season McDavid will pick up on tricks of the trade to figure out how to become more efficient with his gifts, allowing him to become more effective even past the years of his prime just as Sidney Crosby as done.

While Drai will continue to evolve, it'll be different. I'm sure he'll still be great at the age of 32 or even 34, it'll be different just like it was for Malkin, because they never quote had the upside of the generational players.

If we had Matthews of Mackinnon on our team this would be a much more appropriate conversation, but that's not the case.

You lost me at the bolded

Reactions: LucaBrasil

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
You lost me at the bolded

Matthews and Mackinnon are elite players but not generational. If we had them instead of McDavid it would be much easier to understand people going back and forth talking about which one is more valuable to the organization.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I hate to say it but that 'Neon Leon' moniker:

GifMeme 03122021084252.gif

I don't think he'll be sending that one in for a patent

Last edited:

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
I’d trust your opinion a lot more of you’d always been a big fan of Not a Peon Neon Leon Draisatl. I mean, right from the beginning no matter what other people said.

Reactions: oilers'72

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I'll make sure to post a "Honor Connor McDavid" thread so I can seek as much attention too. Seems to work.

STILL NEED FREE BEER!
Oh snap, we have a new one. :laugh:

Edit:
I'm going to start the "Is this the Peak-O of Mikko or will he let the first shot squeak-o?" Thread.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad