NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Sumlin is from the Art Briles tree. His system is different than the modified Chip Kelly style spread that Frost runs.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Mike Leach is now next up on Who Doesn't Want to be the Vols Head Coach

I think he's just crazy enough to take it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Crazy enough and good enough to get those people off his back. Would be worried if I was a fan of some other SEC East team.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Booster money pays for coaches.

Jeremy Pruitt interviewed for the Mississippi State job. Brent Venables (Clemson DC) also scheduled to interview.

I think the best solution for Tennessee is firing Currie, make Fulmer the A.D. and try and get Cutcliffe as a short term guy and hire Tee Martin from USC as OC/AHC as a coach in waiting ala Jimbo/Bowden, Riley/Stoops.

Cutcliffe, wisely, told Tennessee to go pound sand. I mean I'm sorry but when someone that coached there for almost 20 years tells you "no chance" you know the program is a total shit show. Frankly there's no reason for him to leave Duke. They're more then fine with him being a 7-8 win coach more often then not, do that at Tennessee and that's it for his career.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
A&M has offered Jimbo 10/75 mil with a 5 year minimum. :amazed:

Yea.... unfortunately he may just bite not only because of the money, but he's tired of being behind Clemson and Bama when it comes to the schools facilities.

I've been thru this enough times with him now that I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed or left.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Apparently there was about to be a player revolt if he had tried to stay through Saturday. Now this opens a whole new can of worms. Florida State is loaded with young talent and ready to win now.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Something really interesting out of the Ole Miss stuff. Hugh Freeze only has a show cause if he's hired as an HC. He's free to take an OC job with no penalties. Veeeeerrry interesting.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Times like these, it’s great to have a coach committed to your program and will be pulling double digit win years perennially.

I’ll miss Joe, but Coach Franklin was the one who hired him. Next man up will be fine.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Jimbo has been sniffing around for awhile and has been with Florida State for awhile. Probably best for both parties to move on if there is unrest.

Especially after you've already won it all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So Coach Fullmer is now the AD. Gonna end up hiring hiring himself

Reactions: Voight

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
And the facilities bs is weak. He just didn't want to be there anymore.

From what I read on FSU sites is that he complained about them not starting on a new facility for the football team yet. They share the current one they use with other sports programs there. The school has plans to build the facility but just not yet because they have red tape to clear to start the project still.

They painted it as Jimbo was being unrealistic & after years of playing this game the school had enough & put their foot down especially after the season he just had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad