NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm still convinced Kiffin wont leave FAU just yet. He did a solid job his year and seems to like being the coach at a smaller school, hell he took less money to go there in the first place.

FAU was his second choice. Houston was his first until the BOR said no.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
UCF goes back to the Big 8 QB pool and hires Josh Huepel as the new HC.

Not the big name like others who were linked but he does run the type of offense we want and he has had success at P5 schools doing it. Not sure how he is at recruiting which is where Frost will be missed. Reports are Randy Shannon as DC so that side of the ball should be way better and he's a great recruiter.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You still don't seem to understand that the reason UCF is bad on defense is because you get leftovers after the big boys mine all the talent.

We used to have top 20 defenses under O'Leary with that lesser talent. We sucked this year because having an fast paced offense puts you defense out there more but it was more to do with coaching as I've never seen more players out of position or not knowing who to cover than I've ever seen. Plus with how messed up the state is with coaching changes right now he could land a few players we don't usually get to improve that talent level.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
You do realize Huepel goes faster than Frost right? UCF isn't going to see a talent boost with Shannon. Especially with Taggart back in the state and Charlie Strong up the road.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sucks for the kids when the coach leaves after just 2 years.

Cause you are then reliant on the next coaching staff to use the scheme that you are good at.

Especially for D that go from 4-3 to 3-4. Or an offense moving from spread to pro style.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Oregon will be fine. They've had a coaching search ongoing because they knew Taggart was going to leave. Ignore Feldman carrying water for Jeff Tedford and Jim McElwain. Mario Cristobal, Bryan Harsin, Kevin Sumlin are the names to watch.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You do realize Huepel goes faster than Frost right? UCF isn't going to see a talent boost with Shannon. Especially with Taggart back in the state and Charlie Strong up the road.

I don't know the difference in time but the two offenses but both are fast and leave the defense on the field a lot but if they aren't coached well that doesn't even matter.

I wasn't expecting us to get top 25 recruiting classes. We've been top 50 and should stat there. I was more referring to getting another 4* or a 5*, to add to that top 50 class. Shannon also has ties to south Florida which we haven't been hitting as hard since Kelly was fired years ago. Not worried about Strong or Taggart, there's enough talent in this state and Shannon can recruit just as good as them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kevin Sumlin would be a good replacement at Oregon. Better coach than Taggart too.
Oregon can't be too happy, given they're not really that far removed from Chip, they probably don't like being viewed as a stepping-stone. So, yeah, someone like Sumlin would probably be fine for them as long as he is able to keep up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->