NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
UCF could probably pay close to what he got but he'd have no money for assistants and recruiting. Same reason why Herman left Houston and Fuente left Memphis. These head coaches take their staffs into account.

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UCF could probably pay close to what he got but he'd have no money for assistants and recruiting. Same reason why Herman left Houston and Fuente left Memphis. These head coaches take their staffs into account.
Its why Wisconsin doesn't keep head coaches.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Whatever he's going to pay Chinander is that much too much. I think he needs to reevaluate if he wants to bring him with him as the DC, he's not very good. This will be his toughest decision as a HC to go with someone else besides his friend who he's brought along with him at each stop.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Because he’s from Arkansas and they have money to spend

Job security was probably something being weighed as well. Gus has been on the hot seat there in Auburn a few times already even just early in this year people were thinking he was trending towards getting fired before they turned it around.

Bert lasted five years at Arkansas despite never winning more than 8 games & having an overall record of 29-34.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Exactly. Gus goes to Arkansas and gets them winning 8 games with a few 10-11 win seasons here and there for 10-15 years, they'd put up his statue. Auburn has to compete with Alabama.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
After a quiet weekend, names being linked to Tennessee now are Les Miles, Brent Venables, and Chad Morris.

Venables is a very very intriguing name.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Arkansas has a new A.D. Its the A.D. from Houston. Lane Kiffin nearly got that job last year but Houston's BOR said no. Lane to Arkansas would be a good bet with Kendal Briles as his OC.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Looks like Taggart is bailing on Oregon (a mistake imo). So names to watch...

Bryan Harsin
Kevin Sumlin
Lane Kiffin
Jim Leavitt (Current DC-has said he's staying regardless)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Looks like Taggart is bailing on Oregon (a mistake imo). So names to watch...

Bryan Harsin
Kevin Sumlin
Lane Kiffin
Jim Leavitt (Current DC-has said he's staying regardless)

A mistake going to FSU? He's a Florida boy, so being in the south makes much more sense. I don't think he's that great a coach but he can recruit and being at FSU he'll clean up around here. I just don't think he's good enough to be at an FSU, think he'll fail there because I can't see him bringing them a national title.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Arkansas has a new A.D. Its the A.D. from Houston. Lane Kiffin nearly got that job last year but Houston's BOR said no. Lane to Arkansas would be a good bet with Kendal Briles as his OC.

I'm still convinced Kiffin wont leave FAU just yet. He did a solid job his year and seems to like being the coach at a smaller school, hell he took less money to go there in the first place.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
A mistake going to FSU? He's a Florida boy, so being in the south makes much more sense. I don't think he's that great a coach but he can recruit and being at FSU he'll clean up around here. I just don't think he's good enough to be at an FSU, think he'll fail there because I can't see him bringing them a national title.

That's why its a mistake. Besides him jumping ship after 1 year (recruiting trail ammo) and he still is 47-50 as an HC. He's a better recruiter than a gameday coach right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00