NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Vols hahahahaha

I really hope the finish to this side show circus ends with Lane Kiffin coming back lel Pls god

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Are the other teams in the SEC giving up or is the threat of competing with Saban and Alabama just that scary.

Tennessee, Florida, LSU all opened up the past two years and they end up with Coach O, Mullen and ?. Even the second tier schools with the Luke hiring (sanctions I know) and now Moorhead are very underwhelming.

I guess if Jimbo moves to A&M that would be a big deal but it seems like the SEC coaching ranks are very mediocre at this point.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Dan Mullen is a great coach. The last time Florida had a good offense..he was calling plays.

We'll see.

I think people got so wrapped up in him doing more with Miss St than they expected they kind of ignored some iffy results after the exciting wins/rise in the rankings.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
As far as SEC coaching hires...Joe Alleva at LSU blew it with Fisher and Herman and ended up with a guy nobody wanted. I don't get the Moorhead hire. Pruitt made the most sense there. Tennessee..no one is going to take that job with Currie as A.D. and unrealistic expectations.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I will say for Moorhead..he'll be given time. Mississippi State has a chance to dominate the state since Ole Miss is going to get ban hammered.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I figured Moorhead would hold out another year as he was getting paid good money as an OC. I figured he’d wait for Pitt, Syracuse, Virginia, etc. a school of that ilk to open up as he’s never left the Northeast to this point even going back to his playing days.

He’s not really much of a recruiter so it should be interesting seeing him go all the way down south with no experience there.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Mississippi State is a better job plus Mendenhall and Narduzzi aren't going anywhere. I think he'll be fine. Mississippi State is a team that recruits 3 stars on offense and 4 and 5 stars on D. Keeping Todd Grantham is important.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Tee Martin will be the guy. They’ll end up with a Tennessee guy and they’ll try to rally around that to save face from what has become an absolutely hilarious fiasco.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tee Martin will be the guy. They’ll end up with a Tennessee guy and they’ll try to rally around that to save face from what has become an absolutely hilarious fiasco.

I guess Tee Martin makes sense in terms of being an easy sell to the fan base, alumni and former players but man does that seem like a very risky guy given his zero experience as a HC and limited time as an assistant. I think the DC would be a very important hire for Martin if they go that route.

I have no idea why they would go after Doeren. A Midwest guy with an ok record at NC State?

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Rumor is Don Brown will join Moorhead at State. Jimmy Khakis may need to see if ol' Vic Fangio wants come back to college.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I guess Tee Martin makes sense in terms of being an easy sell to the fan base, alumni and former players but man does that seem like a very risky guy given his zero experience as a HC and limited time as an assistant. I think the DC would be a very important hire for Martin if they go that route.

I have no idea why they would go after Doeren. A Midwest guy with an ok record at NC State?

He is going to have issues building a staff.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Rumor is Don Brown will join Moorhead at State. Jimmy Khakis may need to see if ol' Vic Fangio wants come back to college.

Says? There was an article about a week ago where brown says he was content. He talked big about McCaffrey. I will be shocked if he leaves within two years

Fangio would be a good hire

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Pleased for Moorhead and glad hell be a head coach outside of psu's recruiting area. Plz make the next OC hire similar to Moorhead and not donovan.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Sounds like Brohm to Tennessee is close. If I'm Purdue I immediately reach out to Kevin Sumlin and Jason Candle (Toledo HC who is bound to be a hot candidate next year).

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
But Gene, Kevin Sumlin could have the opportunity to go to Arizona State!

DONT YOU KNOW WHO THEY THINK THEY ARE?! :laugh:

Between Tennessee and the AZ St AD, this has been one of the more entertaining carousels in recent history. Granted had UCLA not landed Kelly, I’d be a lot saltier about it.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think a good coach could kill it at ASU. Herm is such a wildcard. Nobody wants the Tennessee job. I'm really shocked that they haven't reached out to Neal Brown.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I was more joking about him expecting to finish top 3 minimum in the Pac 12. That’s like me expecting Missouri to finish top 3 in the SEC every year. Yeah it might happen once in a blue moon but to expect it is crazy.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Vols ahahahahahahaha

Now moving onto Doeren? Really? Worse than the Derek Dooley hiring.

I bet the fan base wish they would have kept quiet on Schiano now.
Their fake moral outrage most definietly just set them back at least the next 5-years if not a decade. Schiano could've provided stability and gotten them back to being an upper midcard team. Oh well for them I guess. What a laughing stock.

Why are they not being linked to someone like Les Miles? Not that it would be a guarantee he takes the job, but that program needs stability and he would provided that in spades so in 5-years when he retires UT actually looks like a spot a coach wants to be at instead of the dumpster fire that looks like will be burning bright for many many years to come

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
The word on Les is that he's 64 and he's not interested in changing his ways. Instead of changing his offensive schematics, he's just interested in being Les.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad