NCAA: NCAA Coaching Carousel 2017/18

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Herm will probably be a great recruiter. Parents will love him and kids will too. Whether that translates to wins..who knows. Nothing about this year makes any sense.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think ASU will be ok. They have a talented team with good coordinators. Herm is kind of crazy. Travels 6,000 miles a week for work, is in crazy shape and has a ton of energy. Its just a weird hire. I hope it works out because Herm is an awesome guy.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Doeren staying at NCST lel

So we have

>Hired Schiano
>Gave into fake outrage and recinded offer
>offered to Gundy
>Gundy declines
>talked to Witten
>Witten rebuffs
>offered to Brohm
>Brohm accepts but UT changes the final terms
>Brohm declines
>offered to Doeren
>Doeren declines

I'm half expecting them to interview Butch Jones and for Butch to decline lel
Although I think Vols fans are p happy with Doeren rejecting them. Seems like they desperatly want Lane Kiffin or Tee Martin.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

So we have

>Hired Schiano
>offered to Gundy
>Gundy declines
>talked to Witten
>Witten rebuffs
>offered to Brohm
>Brohm declines
>offered to Doeren
>Doeren declines

Although I think Vols fans are p happy with Doeren rejecting them. Seems like they desperatly want Lane Kiffin or Tee Martin.

You forgot they were rejected by Cutcliffe too.

And Kelly

And Mullen

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

giphy.gif

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
At this point why not go with Les Miles, even if he is being stubborn with his offense?

Or try to pair him with Martin as his OC as it fixes the two biggest issues (offense and age).

I am obviously missing something with Miles as he seems to want to coach but is getting no traction at all. I know LSU has great talent and he didn't ever beat Alabama but he had a damn good record there.

He seems like a better option than Brohm or Doeren or whomever else they settle on.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

So we have

>Hired Schiano
>offered to Gundy
>Gundy declines
>talked to Witten
>Witten rebuffs
>offered to Brohm
>Brohm declines
>offered to Doeren
>Doeren declines

19 days into the search, they got nobody.

I can't see Kiffin leaving FAU, seems to like the lower profile job. Although he's extremely unpredictable so who knows.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
At this point why not go with Les Miles, even if he is being stubborn with his offense?

Or try to pair him with Martin as his OC as it fixes the two biggest issues (offense and age).

I am obviously missing something with Miles as he seems to want to coach but is getting no traction at all. I know LSU has great talent and he didn't ever beat Alabama but he had a damn good record there.

He seems like a better option than Brohm or Doeren or whomever else they settle on.

Les did beat Bama. Les refusing to change is why he's not at LSU and out of a job.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Les did beat Bama. Les refusing to change is why he's not at LSU and out of a job.

I thought he lost the last 4-5 years, but seems a little crazy for both sides to be so stubborn about the offense. Les, well obviously it is preventing him from doing what he wants but other schools from not taking him as Les and his offense is still better than most coaches out there.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
looks like Sumlin is next on the list. Seems like most Vol fans are happy with that, and they should be tbh he's a great recruiter who could get the program stable again.

I just don't get how guys like Brohm and Doeren get interest yet guys like Miles (and Sumlin up until today) hasn't gotten a call and, in Miles' case, he's apparently interested.

LSU Tigers (2005–2016)
2005 11–2 7–1 1st (Western) W Peach
2006 11–2 6–2 T–2nd (Western) W Sugar
2007 12–2 6–2 1st (Western) W BCS NCG
2008 8–5 3–5 3rd (Western) W Chick-fil-A
2009 9–4 5–3 2nd (Western) L Capital One
2010 11–2 6–2 T–2nd (Western) W Cotton
2011 13–1 8–0 1st (Western) L BCS NCG
2012 10–3 6–2 T–2nd (Western) L Chick-fil-A
2013 10–3 5–3 3rd (Western) W Outback
2014 8–5 4–4 T–4th (Western) L Music City
2015 9–3 5–3 T–3rd (Western) W Texas
2016 2–2 1–1 (Western)
LSU: 114–34 62–28

Only one losing season ever as a HC (his 1st year at OKST) oh and he's also beaten Saban 3 times.

What am I missing here? Yeah he's old and he got stubborn, but he can recruit, is proven in the SEC, and he's a winner. Someone like him or Sumlin seems like a no brainer. If I'm them, I'd go Miles over Sumlin just because I think there is a better chance Miles can get UT back, but I get it Sumlin is 10-years younger

Reactions: Voight

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hopefully Frost puts the distractions behind him and calls a good game this Saturday. After the game he needs to make a decision so we can move on. I feel he's going to Nebraska and maybe we can bring in a Sumlin who runs a similar offense so we don't miss a beat. He's more a Texas than Florida guy and probably wants P5 so might jump ship quickly but it would be a big time hire for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad