Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
DRW: It's more than just this issue in my opinion. The signs have been there that times are changing for the past few seasons.

1) Concert ticket benefit has basically been erased due to forced inclusion of Lexus Lounge. U2 prices were $675. $375 for the ticket + $300 for LL. Most concerts force this add on now. Lexus Lounge is the same product every single time. So why is it $300 when U2 is in town and $100 when Ed Sheeran is in town. It makes no sense whatsoever.

2) Grow the Gold. More like "grow our wallets". The initial idea was a good one. It became a "not really for the fans" idea once they started adding games like the NY Rangers to the list. It's so obvious this isn't about keeping gold in the building.

3) (or 2a) They used to offer some offset if you couldn't go to the game. 2 for 1 trade in, I've even negotiated trading in a grow the gold Saturday for a 1:1 non gtg Saturday game. Now they just let you trade in for the regular list. Sure, I'll trade my Detroit Red Wings Saturday ticket for a Tuesday Arizona ticket. Great deal for the fan!

3) This unannounced price hike. Fine, hike the prices so you can cash in, keep the salaries high, whatever the reason. But if you're going to do it to cash in then don't also limit me on what I can or can't do with that ticket.

Anyway, the price hike is the least of my concerns though I understand why others are upset by it. To be honest my biggest gripe is with #1 above. #2 is a problem.

Overall my biggest concerns is that all of this has the potential to be a massive problem in that the team is about to cash in years of community goodwill for a quick cash grab over the next few years. The team will suck at some point so hopefully they will not have run off the base that helped build the franchise by the time that point comes back around.

Reactions: predfan98

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Overall my biggest concerns is that all of this has the potential to be a massive problem in that the team is about to cash in years of community goodwill for a quick cash grab over the next few years. The team will suck at some point so hopefully they will not have run off the base that helped build the franchise by the time that point comes back around.
This is really what it boils down to.

And....DRW, about prices.....I don't have an issue with price per say, but rather the fact that they gave us zero notice of the increases. Simply drop a bill and say you have 4 weeks to decide if you can come up with $1700 per seat (300's sideline balcony). They had to know they were going to do this back in September, this was not a simple spur of the moment price hike. A simple notice saying that they would be going up would have been nice so people could save up for it.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Many upper level seats are $100 or less for the playoffs. Try finding a seat in another NHL barn for a playoff game for that price. NBA or NFL? Good luck.

I think the bigger issue is that last year's playoff tickets being so cheap spoiled people. I'm paying as much for a Round 1 game this year as I did for a Stanley Cup Finals game last year.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This is really what it boils down to.

And....DRW, about prices.....I don't have an issue with price per say, but rather the fact that they gave us zero notice of the increases. Simply drop a bill and say you have 4 weeks to decide if you can come up with $1700 per seat (300's sideline balcony). They had to know they were going to do this back in September, this was not a simple spur of the moment price hike. A simple notice saying that they would be going up would have been nice so people could save up for it.

I don't disagree with you completely here. But again if you look at the prices last year, anyone who didn't think they were going to go up is just fooling themselves. Those prices were incredibly low. And I highly doubt that people would be any less upset if they got an email in December stating the increase.

The bottom line for me is this- are the prices I am being charged THIS SEASON reasonable or not? That is the determining factor to me.

Whether people like it or not this is just the way it is- the price of success- and would happen with any professional franchise in pretty much any city. I have no problem railing against any organization whether it is the Preds or anyone else.

But anyone painting the Preds organization as suddenly turning into a bunch of greedy money sucking vultures who have completely turned their back on their fans is pretty unfair in my opinion..........

Reactions: la flama blanca

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Here's the thing though like I said before, I expected a significant price bump, just not a full double in price, they might as well have started at 200 per game for the worst seats at this rate. I'm just sitting here now hoping we don't get home ice so it will be more affordable.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
How many people who are taking more of the team angle on this are actually impacted? I'm just curious. It's much easier to take the "market" side of this when you are not personally impacted.

la flama blanca

Mar 14, 2012
DRW: It's more than just this issue in my opinion. The signs have been there that times are changing for the past few seasons.

1) Concert ticket benefit has basically been erased due to forced inclusion of Lexus Lounge. U2 prices were $675. $375 for the ticket + $300 for LL. Most concerts force this add on now. Lexus Lounge is the same product every single time. So why is it $300 when U2 is in town and $100 when Ed Sheeran is in town. It makes no sense whatsoever.

2) Grow the Gold. More like "grow our wallets". The initial idea was a good one. It became a "not really for the fans" idea once they started adding games like the NY Rangers to the list. It's so obvious this isn't about keeping gold in the building.

3) (or 2a) They used to offer some offset if you couldn't go to the game. 2 for 1 trade in, I've even negotiated trading in a grow the gold Saturday for a 1:1 non gtg Saturday game. Now they just let you trade in for the regular list. Sure, I'll trade my Detroit Red Wings Saturday ticket for a Tuesday Arizona ticket. Great deal for the fan!

3) This unannounced price hike. Fine, hike the prices so you can cash in, keep the salaries high, whatever the reason. But if you're going to do it to cash in then don't also limit me on what I can or can't do with that ticket.

Anyway, the price hike is the least of my concerns though I understand why others are upset by it. To be honest my biggest gripe is with #1 above. #2 is a problem.

I agree #1 is no longer a benefit. You think the Lexus Lounge for U2 is crazy, the suite price doubled as well from $8K to $15-16K. But I realize a big portion of the blame for that is bands are demanding a much higher price and percentage nowadays. Like having a #1 team, Bridgestone Arena is also one of the top venues in the country for shows and the prices match it and people are paying it.

#2 is the biggest one I agree, hurts STH the most, I can only imagine they are locking out more games for resale is to limit the new playoff STH holders form last year from posting all their seats which would reduce the face value seats for those games. I bet tons of brokers bought Season tickets in last years playoff and would be dumping a bunch of regular season tickets online to sell otherwise

#3 by that definition all price hikes are unannounced ;) Playoffs are over a month away and we have 4 weeks to decide, like drwpreds said people would just complain earlier

Goodwill doesn't pay the bills, if the Predators start losing games the fanbase that can't afford to go now will come back because prices will be cheaper or new fans will take their place. Nashville is a much different city then it was 10 years ago during the lean years.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Mine weren't a full double in price but they were a fairly significant increase. SCF round went from $133 to $200. I think $200 for a Stanley Cup Final round seat in Club section is reasonable. Am I sorry that some longtime fans are priced out? Sure! I mean, I really had to think about it when I saw that I was potentially committing myself to over $4000 for the privilege of watching the team, win or lose, and without the guarantee of a championship. But that's sports. I've said for years that I'm spending my retirement game by game. I may regret spending it one day soon, but not today. I really want to be there when we win the Cup--whether it's this year or in the future. After that I may stop paying for post season. (I know, I know, who am I kidding? But the seed is planted.)

As for the city and the Preds, if they continue to have set ups like they did last year where everyone could come enjoy the game for free outdoors, I think that's doing enough, really. They're are giving everyone the chance to watch it together as Nashvillians and Preds fans. Over all, though, the Preds organization should benefit from the team's success, and while I would prefer to pay less, I don't think it's really out of hand, just different from what we're used to.

Reactions: la flama blanca

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
How many people who are taking more of the team angle on this are actually impacted? I'm just curious. It's much easier to take the "market" side of this when you are not personally impacted.
Well all of us who are STH or plan to attend playoff games are impacted so I'd say a good number of us.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
#2 and #3. Definitely

Drw can argue til the cows come home, but those of us who lived thru save the team, etc. we sold season tickets, we bought extra tickets...........we were the core driving force that kept his teams attendsance above 14k so metro couldn't let them break the lease.

And for that my season tickets increased 43 % last year. 43% in the lower bowl end zone shoot twice section. No other team in the central division did this or has this ticketing policy.

And then all the gold out games.....it's bullshit and its so the preds can charge triple the price, sometimes more in my section, and keep fans from selling on the exchange. Frankly the Ill will I have about this is unbelievable. I never sold tickets to hawks fans in 20 years, but if I could now, I would........there's no loyalty to the fans, why shouldn't I.

It's greed . And I don't give a damn for comparisons with other sports experiences.

In 10 years it will be all suits in the lower bowl.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I agree #1 is no longer a benefit. You think the Lexus Lounge for U2 is crazy, the suite price doubled as well from $8K to $15-16K. But I realize a big portion of the blame for that is bands are demanding a much higher price and percentage nowadays. Like having a #1 team, Bridgestone Arena is also one of the top venues in the country for shows and the prices match it and people are paying it.

#2 is the biggest one I agree, hurts STH the most, I can only imagine they are locking out more games for resale is to limit the new playoff STH holders form last year from posting all their seats which would reduce the face value seats for those games. I bet tons of brokers bought Season tickets in last years playoff and would be dumping a bunch of regular season tickets online to sell otherwise

#3 by that definition all price hikes are unannounced ;) Playoffs are over a month away and we have 4 weeks to decide, like drwpreds said people would just complain earlier

Goodwill doesn't pay the bills, if the Predators start losing games the fanbase that can't afford to go now will come back because prices will be cheaper or new fans will take their place. Nashville is a much different city then it was 10 years ago during the lean years.

The big time ticket brokers negotiate with stubhub and get around it. It really only hurts sth, often long term who are sick or out of town.

There is a guy on Facebook that routinely sells his Lexus lounge tickets for twice cost for almost every game. He obviously hasn't gotten a "don't do this warning"

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
#2 and #3. Definitely

Drw can argue til the cows come home, but those of us who lived thru save the team, etc. we sold season tickets, we bought extra tickets...........we were the core driving force that kept his teams attendsance above 14k so metro couldn't let them break the lease.

So what should the Preds do here?? Just give everyone who has been a long time fan a sweetheart deal on everything? No price increases? That is just not the way it works.

What increase would you have been ok with??

You say you don't care about comparisons with other franchises but to me as long as the ticket prices are in line with other similar markets (which they absolutely are) then I just don't understand the complaints. If the Preds ran the franchise the way some on here would prefer, they would be out of business or the worst franchise in the NHL with no ability to compete or have any success.

Reactions: Drake744

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

I guess I am one who is taking the team angle and as a STH I am absolutely impacted. I am paying $58 for my first round seat when it could have been $31 like last year......

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
So what should the Preds do here?? Just give everyone who has been a long time fan a sweetheart deal on everything? No price increases? That is just not the way it works.

What increase would you have been ok with??

You say you don't care about comparisons with other franchises but to me as long as the ticket prices are in line with other similar markets (which they absolutely are) then I just don't understand the complaints. If the Preds ran the franchise the way some on here would prefer, they would be out of business or the worst franchise in the NHL with no ability to compete or have any success.
No.....no other team in the central took the lower end zone shoot twice section and changed that up 3 levels to a price comparable to premium mid section prices.
No other team, I went and looked at St. Louis , Chicago, etc. they all still charge much less for that section.................

No sweetheart deals just no price gouging. No one is askinf for a sweetheart deal

No other section had more than a 10% increase for sth..for old full season ticket prices
Go look at the blues or hawks sections, I did. You have no idea what you're even arguing

And you conveniently didn't quote where my sth tickets went up 43%..... didn't fit your argument did it?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
All I'm getting at with folks ranting about the price hike is that no metric in history of the Preds would have led any reasonable long time supporter to think a price hike like this was coming. They have typically been pretty even keel and that was likely what made everyone feel like the team was so fan oriented throughout the years. As I mentioned previously, the signs were there that this was coming for those who look for such things but I have a feeling most folks weren't seeing those signs or didn't want to see them. (gouging on the concert tickets, gouging on the grow the gold games, market price for playoffs last year, etc.)

One other note. I do think the Preds knew what they were doing when they put the invoice price out there the way they did for STH. I could be completely misremembering this but don't remember seeing the sticker price of 4 games for 4 rounds showing up before I had to sign up for playoff tickets in the past. I also believe you have to sign up for the entire 4 rounds on the front end and also don't remember that in the past.

It's almost like they wanted the STH to feel the entire sting on the front end. Why would you want that if not to hope it turns some people away so that you can then turn around and sell those seats at a much higher price on the open market.

Last edited:

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER ^^^^^^^^^ totally agree

Yup.... that is why the price of waiting list, etc...

That is why people on here are upset........I do think this is purposeful

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
No.....no other team in the central took the lower end zone shoot twice section and changed that up 3 levels to a price comparable to premium mid section prices.
No other team, I went and looked at St. Louis , Chicago, etc. they all still charge much less for that section.................

No sweetheart deals just no price gouging. No one is askinf for a sweetheart deal

No other section had more than a 10% increase for sth..for old full season ticket prices
Go look at the blues or hawks sections, I did. You have no idea what you're even arguing

And you conveniently didn't quote where my sth tickets went up 43%..... didn't fit your argument did it?

Yeah, your REGULAR season tickets were really the gouge for you--you kind of expect a markup on Post Season but that on top of the regular season was ridiculous.

I still can't understand why your section went up so much. Absey used to sit in the upper portion of the lower bowl behind where you sit. At that time (10 years ago at least) my tickets were $60 in premium lower bowl and his were $47. PLB included the area where you sit, which is why he opted for the upper section of it. So I can see adjusting the price up there to make the entire lower bowl one price, but your price was already higher, unless it stayed at $60 for 10 years. We know that didn't happen!

Same year yours went up 43% I think mine went up 8%.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Now I will agree that a 43% regular season hike is absurd. I'm in the upper bowl and with a 3 year renewal my change was less than 20 bucks a month.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I understand that people are pissed but we've had many little discussions here and there over the years discussing "if" we ever became a Cup contender how the ticket prices might be affected, but it was easy to just ignore it because we weren't contending. I get that the hike is higher than expected for most people, but we should be a little more careful about the word "shocked". In a way yeah, there's sticker shock, but in another way there's also the thought that becoming an elite team is going to have to force us to adapt and bring in revenue by whatever means necessary. In this case, large ticket price increases.

I also don't think it helps that Nashville is the second smallest US metropolitan market in the NHL (Raleigh) and when you're a Nashville having to play by the standards of New York, Boston or Chicago, you're likely bound to hit roadblocks.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I understand that people are pissed but we've had many little discussions here and there over the years discussing "if" we ever became a Cup contender how the ticket prices might be affected, but it was easy to just ignore it because we weren't contending. I get that the hike is higher than expected for most people, but we should be a little more careful about the word "shocked". In a way yeah, there's sticker shock, but in another way there's also the thought that becoming an elite team is going to have to force us to adapt and bring in revenue by whatever means necessary. In this case, large ticket price increases.

I also don't think it helps that Nashville is the second smallest US metropolitan market in the NHL (Raleigh) and when you're a Nashville having to play by the standards of New York, Boston or Chicago, you're likely bound to hit roadblocks.
The difference here is just the rate they went up. If it had been a 50% this year and 50% next, that wouldn't have been as bad. But based on prior history double was a shock. If they were going to do the 100% increase, they knew this long ago. My only point was give people enough time to adjust their budgets to accommodate the change rather than you have 4 weeks to come up with a plan to pay for this.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Off topic, actually its back on topic, does anyone have experience listing grow the gold games on Stubhub. Can this get us in trouble with the front office?

I guess theoretically you could but it doesn’t deter me. I’d like to sell the games I can’t atrend through ticket exchange but they won’t let me. That’s on them in my opinion.

Interestingly enough they will start buying them back next season. No idea why they couldn’t just start that immediately.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
I guess theoretically you could but it doesn’t deter me. I’d like to sell the games I can’t atrend through ticket exchange but they won’t let me. That’s on them in my opinion.

Interestingly enough they will start buying them back next season. No idea why they couldn’t just start that immediately.

So you have sold the gold games on stubhub and haven't ever ran into an issue?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So you have sold the gold games on stubhub and haven't ever ran into an issue?

I haven't run into an issue yet but I'm honestly not trying to overdo it. I never actually want to sell those tickets but sometimes I'm out of town and definitely don't want to just eat the tickets either. Should be moot after this season as I'd likely just sell them back to the team given the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad