Nashville Predators All Purpose Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm pretty confused by all of this then. The only reason I noticed the items I just posted is because I was going to find that initial message I saw describing how to pay for playoff tickets. I'm pretty sure the verbiage was written in such a way that I assume the $100 gift card and penalty avoidance was specific to playoffs. But if you're being told this doesn't apply until next season then maybe they pulled that message because it was either wrong or they were met with a bit of unexpected outrage.

When I went to pay for it it said "*For the 2018-2019 season......", it didn't say anything about playoffs. Also notice the $100 is a STH benefit for next year's season tickets, not playoff tickets. I'd say they pulled it from the playoff payment because it was causing confusion. I can't see season ticket holder renewal info because I did the 3 year deal last year. For some reason they are not giving me the option to make a lump sum down payment online.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
When I went to pay for it it said "*For the 2018-2019 season......", it didn't say anything about playoffs. Also notice the $100 is a STH benefit for next year's season tickets, not playoff tickets. I'd say they pulled it from the playoff payment because it was causing confusion. I can't see season ticket holder renewal info because I did the 3 year deal last year. For some reason they are not giving me the option to make a lump sum down payment online.

Yep that $100 STH benefit for 2018-2019 is what made me realize they may have included some confusing verbiage in the original playoff invoice (which is likely why it's gone now).

I also did the 3 year deal so assume any verbiage regarding renewal doesn't apply to me either. I'll probably call to be sure but thanks for sharing what you learned from your rep.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Just got this email

6799C312-4C8A-4125-A09F-163A8AB26897.jpeg

Reactions: LCPreds

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, I bit the bullet. I knew I would because where this team is concerned I'm...well, I'm weak.

Kyle Keith

Feb 11, 2018
Current Half STH in Lower Bowl Endzone. With the diminishing benefits for half, we are looking to move the 3 year Full plan, but would like to offset some of the cost by moving to Sideline Balcony. We are either going to do that or nothing at all, because the Half season just doesnt make as much sense anymore. My rep is saying that I wont be able to choose seats until the "Pick a Seat" event in March. Unfortunately, you have to commit prior to knowing if we would be able to get into one of the Sideline balcony sections. Couple questions:
1. With upping our commitment level majorly, which is what the organization is looking for, I would think we would have access to the 2000-3000 inventory of current seats that aren't held by STH?
2. If we do have to wait until that Pick a Seat event, can someone please tell me how that goes? It is a free for all sprint to a seat? Do 3 yr plans get first pick? Will people be camping out all day in line? etc. etc.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The way it was for me when I switched seats a few years ago is that I could either go down to the arena on my designated day OR I could go online and any seats available could be chosen. They have a set schedule of who gets to pick and when--it's based on a bunch of things, but seniority and your current price point are no doubt two of the factors. You get a mock view from each seat on the website, but it's probably better to be there in person. I forget why I couldn't go down there so I did my choice online. They turned out great BUT I failed to factor in a ledge when I scoped them out from my old seats and it could have been a problem. During a game go stand in the sections you are interested in to make sure they have the view you want and look for things like that.

I have selected in person before and most of the people in your group are in the same price point as you. If you're in lower bowl now, they have most of the ticket reps on that level but you are able to go anywhere in the arena to select new tickets. The groups are relatively small, I'd say 30-40 people max, so you probably won't be fighting over a spot. No campouts. You are given a date and a time.

Reactions: Kyle Keith

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
2. They'll just have colored placards on the seats that are available. In the past events, different colors meant some seats where full only while others were open to both half and full seasons. Not so sure this time around due to inventory, they may all be full season only.

It's usually open to STH's first and then the general public. First come, first serve has been my experience. That's how I got my current seat.

Below is a photo from August 2016.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
@Kyle Keith , it's better to scope those tickets out during a game. One year I got what I thought were great tickets when I was in an empty arena, but heads and bodies can really obstruct your vision in ways you can't imagine. On the higher levels you won't have to worry about the penalty box but you may have to worry about the netting attaching at just the wrong place or something like that.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
@Kyle Keith , it's better to scope those tickets out during a game. One year I got what I thought were great tickets when I was in an empty arena, but heads and bodies can really obstruct your vision in ways you can't imagine. On the higher levels you won't have to worry about the penalty box but you may have to worry about the netting attaching at just the wrong place or something like that.
The only thing to worry about in the 300s view wise is railing.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Current Half STH in Lower Bowl Endzone. With the diminishing benefits for half, we are looking to move the 3 year Full plan, but would like to offset some of the cost by moving to Sideline Balcony. We are either going to do that or nothing at all, because the Half season just doesnt make as much sense anymore. My rep is saying that I wont be able to choose seats until the "Pick a Seat" event in March. Unfortunately, you have to commit prior to knowing if we would be able to get into one of the Sideline balcony sections. Couple questions:
1. With upping our commitment level majorly, which is what the organization is looking for, I would think we would have access to the 2000-3000 inventory of current seats that aren't held by STH?
2. If we do have to wait until that Pick a Seat event, can someone please tell me how that goes? It is a free for all sprint to a seat? Do 3 yr plans get first pick? Will people be camping out all day in line? etc. etc.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

If you look closely and blow up Marty party pic, that is what I remember also about availability.......there wasn't a lot.
I have no idea where you're getting the 2-3000 tickets available.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I really hope we're going to find something worth swapping to next month. Don't think I can take another season of the crazies behind us. Wish we could have simulated that aspect before moving to begin with.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yes, that is the unknown factor when you move. I thought I was going to have a seriously crazy fan noise problem first game this year and then I realized it was all Watson's family in the box behind my seats. Imagine 3 hours of "Watty Watty Watty!!! Go Go Go!!! Watty Watty Watty!!!" After I realized who it was I was amused by it, but up til then I was ready to strangle the people with the Fargo accents.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Preds33 and I are in 309. Center ice with a good view of everything. Section is a mix of STH/half plan, I think.

I sat with diva once. It is a great view and really nice people.

And adzy tickets are great also with lots of legroom...

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Adzy are you in club? That's where I'm hoping to switch back to next season if we can find available seats. Love the leg room there and the concourse is generally easy to deal with.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Adzy are you in club? That's where I'm hoping to switch back to next season if we can find available seats. Love the leg room there and the concourse is generally easy to deal with.
Yes, 219. It's a great section and still has the lower endzone pricing.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yes, 219. It's a great section and still has the lower endzone pricing.

Oh yeah that's exactly the vicinity where we want to get back to. We were in 217 last season and still kicking myself for moving.

Reactions: Adz

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So 104.5, for better or worse, is spending the 11:00 hour talking about the increased playoff ticket prices and things like that in case anyone is interested

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
So 104.5, for better or worse, is spending the 11:00 hour talking about the increased playoff ticket prices and things like that in case anyone is interested

Thanks for the heads up. Some good lunch time ranting going on right now. Who ever saw the day coming when people would start to turn on the Preds due to ticket pricing and policies? This is that unfortunate transition from what felt somewhat like a local grassroots business growing within the community into the typical sports franchise that says they care but don't really.

Farewell good 'ol days.

Reactions: Drake744

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Thanks for the heads up. Some good lunch time ranting going on right now. Who ever saw the day coming when people would start to turn on the Preds due to ticket pricing and policies? This is that unfortunate transition from what felt somewhat like a local grassroots business growing within the community into the typical sports franchise that says they care but don't really.

Farewell good 'ol days.

Just an honest question- so would people rather have the good old days of zero playoff success and dirt cheap playoff tickets over what we have right now?? You can't have it both ways.....

I know I am in the minority and we have already discussed this at length in previous posts, but nothing has happened yet at far as ticket prices that should cause some sort of mass revolt against the Preds. As I have said before, if the Preds made a mistake it is that the playoff ticket prices were too low last year and it makes people just look at the increase instead of the fact that the prices, at least this year, are still very reasonable, at least in my opinion.

My seat for the first two rounds is $58 for round 1 and $69 for round 2. When you compare that to any other major sporting event, even regular season games, I don't see how anyone can complain about those prices. Heck yes I would rather have $30 round 1 tickets and $46 SCF tickets. But that is just not realistic.........

Reactions: la flama blanca

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If everyone had access to those prices .... but many of us don't. Some fans like myself are far to many miles away to be a STH so can't even dream of paying as little as you do for playoff tickets.

Believe me I understand that- I am 3 1/2 hours away and last year I did not have season tickets for the playoffs. I paid an outrageous amount for the games I went to, so much that I don't even want to think about it.

But the argument on here that we are discussing has been season ticket holder playoff pricing. That is what people have been griping about. We don't even know yet what the public will pay.

And to that point, regarding public pricing, I was on here being very critical of the Preds selling $400 lower bowl public tickets for the WCF series last year, and most everyone on here shouted me down saying those prices were fine. But that is a whole separate argument/discussion than STH pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad