TSN: Muzzin/Martinez could be available for an upgrade to King's top 9

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
two young 3rd liners on elc with some upside would not be the worse thing we could do . As stated else where we have defense coming. We are short on talents forwards. This is the kinda trade we need

I disagree on this one, AMart sure but if we can't get a young top 6 guy for Muzzin we have a bad GM

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I disagree on this one, AMart sure but if we can't get a young top 6 guy for Muzzin we have a bad GM
I honestly think we have our top six coming in amadio valardi Dolan wagner or watson. We need to get a scoring 3rd line now or risk losing Drew The 2 stars i mention would fit nicely (ritchie and Janmark) We also get a bit of cap for a deadline deal should we need it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
One week into the season and TSN is already reporting the Kings are considering upgrading their top 9 that includes moving Muzzin or Marty. :laugh:

Reactions: go4hockey

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
One week into the season and TSN is already reporting the Kings are considering upgrading their top 9 that includes moving Muzzin or Marty. :laugh:

To be fair, OP mentions they're olny discussing it internally, and if it does happen, likely not til later in the season.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
no jvr is not a player we really need Also hes ufa after this year. We can't afford to resign him Also Muzzin would be your best defenseman and jvr is a winger which holds less value then a top pairing defense man
wait what??????
no I think your a lil off here.
think Connor Brown type return

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
JVR would probably be a decent fit for them so why not. Is he enough of a scorer though?
No, it'd cost more, and I'd be happy to pay it. Muzzin is basically the ideal fit in Toronto's defense. JVR scores 25+ per year. The Kings could use him beside a Kopitar or Carter, for sure.

member 88115

wait what??????
no I think your a lil off here.
think Connor Brown type return
wow. talk about over rating your 3rd liner

Anyhow LeBrun BELIEVES Muzzin or Martinez might be made available in the future? Reeks like a made up rumor to me. Our top six is pretty solid. We do need a 3rd line center, which Kempe is struggling at the moment. Maybe Martinez may be made available, but not Muzzin.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
No, it'd cost more, and I'd be happy to pay it. Muzzin is basically the ideal fit in Toronto's defense. JVR scores 25+ per year. The Kings could use him beside a Kopitar or Carter, for sure.

Same age, same size, same cap hit. Jvr has averaged
JVR would probably be a decent fit for them so why not. Is he enough of a scorer though?

Because all leafs suck. Kessel used to get beat in polls by eberle, Evander Kane and wasn’t worth Ryan strome.

As for the trade. Same size, age and cap hit. Jvr has averaged 30g 60pt pace since he has been a leaf. Would be a good fit there but since muzzin is signed longer either jvr agrees to an extension or leafs add.

Base makes sense. 30g winger for a
Top 4 d.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Weird time to come up with this rumor. The Kings are scoring more than they have in years, and the defense is as solid as it's ever been.

It also makes no sense from the perspective that the Kings aren't going to go with Doughty, one of Martinez/Muzzin, and a bunch of guys that have around 250 NHL games combined. Just for a top 9 upgrade? Blake would be out of his mind to do that. The team already sent two guys down in LaDue and Gravel who were on the squad last year, but didn't perform in camp. They certainly aren't going to move a veteran unless one of them forces them to.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Kessel interest any kings fans?

No, No, No!! Why in the hell would we do that? Yes Kessel can help LA. But do you know who else he can help? The Pittsburgh Penguins. And he'll help them a hell of a lot more than Muzzin or Martinez will.

Poorly thought out. :shakehead

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Meanwhile Jordan Weal has quietly put up more points than all kings LWs combined.

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
If the kings want a winger Leafs can offer JVR if they want a C there's Bozak. Would do jvr for muzzin or Bozak+ for muzzin or straight up for martinez who's less of a fit on the Leafs D. + would be a non roster player with the exclusions of Kapanen, Liljegren, Dermott, Grundstrom

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I mean still. Muzzin is a top-pairing defenceman easily, funny that we talk about the insane price of defencemen and Kings fans are willing to take depth for him.

You should visit the Kings board during a GDT sometime.

Meanwhile Jordan Weal has quietly put up more points than all kings LWs combined.

And Jeff Carter has 0 goals so far this year. I'm sure both those things will persist...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad