TSN: Muzzin/Martinez could be available for an upgrade to King's top 9

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Same age, same size, same cap hit. Jvr has averaged

Because all leafs suck. Kessel used to get beat in polls by eberle, Evander Kane and wasn’t worth Ryan strome.

As for the trade. Same size, age and cap hit. Jvr has averaged 30g 60pt pace since he has been a leaf. Would be a good fit there but since muzzin is signed longer either jvr agrees to an extension or leafs add.

Base makes sense. 30g winger for a
Top 4 d.

You seem to forget to mention that JVR is a UFA next year. Kadri would have made more sense ( Before he had his awesome season last year) Bozak is getting a little long in the tooth (and is also ufa) So unless there was a conditional first( to do with us re signing JVR) it doesn't make sense for us to move our 2/3 dman locked up for a couple more years at 4mill. It probably still doesn't make sense even with a conditional pick, usually dmen hold more value.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leafs would likely be interested. trade pieces are JVR,Bozak,Komarov,Kapanen,1st rd pick etc

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The two biggest needs up front is another winger to play alongside Kopitar, and another center to play behind Kopitar and Carter. They've been trying to get Kempe acclimated to that position, but it isn't working out.

Sounds like you want JVR and Bozak.:naughty:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs would likely be interested. trade pieces are JVR,Bozak,Komarov,Kapanen,1st rd pick etc
Yikes. No dice on giving up Kappy or oue first. And LA would have no interest in the other pending UFA's. The Leafs have plenty of prospects they can trade, if they're giving up a guy like Kapanen, they'd better get a top end D. They need cheap ELC's for when the big contracts kick in.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd have an interest as a Leaf fan. Assets on the table shouldn't be a surprise; Kapanen, 1st, (2 2nds), Leivo, Valiev, Nielsen, JVR and Bozak. Other prospects too. Prefer to keep Dermott and Liljegren.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
There a lot better proposals from another teams but I throw one too:

Hartman, Kempny, 2nd 2018 for either one.

- Hartman is expandable and will need a raise
- Kempny has played good
- pick is a pick

Blackhawks would get the best player but Kings get a bit cap relief, two legit players and pick.

Either one of Muzzin or Martinez would make Hawks a better team. We need one vet top-4 Dman to be a real threat.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Only move that makes sense is JVR, with LAK having a chance to negotiate an extension before the trade going down.

I'd rather not move prospects like Kapanen who will likely have to fill the spots left behind by all the pending UFAs on the team.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Why does JVR make sense for LA? It makes sense for Leafs maybe, if you want Muzzin or Martinez, pony up stuff you dont wanna trade. Why does LA need another almost 30 year old guy with a caphit over 6 mil? They have enough of those already, and DD should have his 3 mil raise to in 2 years......

Reactions: go4hockey

member 88115

I doubt Muzzin is available. + he is definitely not available for a UFA. LA has money tied in more important positions + the dollars to resign Doughty + next year. Unless your Bozak/JVR can be had for for 2nd + 4th, I don’t see LA interested.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
What picks would the Kings give up for Filppula? That way the they can keep Muzzin and Martinez.

He has a 16 team NTC, but I think LA would be a team he wouldn't have ruled out.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What picks would the Kings give up for Filppula? That way the they can keep Muzzin and Martinez.

He has a 16 team NTC, but I think LA would be a team he wouldn't have ruled out.

Not a very high one, his cap hit is rough and he is a UFA.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Gaborik is done for good, Bobby Ryan would be interesting on the Kings.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Well, Leafs have a ton of young forwards and need a solid top four dman. Something could be hammered out.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Martinez and Andreoff for Athanasiou and Sheahan would work.

You think the Wings are going to get a top notch d-man like Martinez by offering those two? And Sheahan has next to no value so Wings fans should not be including him in any deals.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
There a lot better proposals from another teams but I throw one too:

Hartman, Kempny, 2nd 2018 for either one.

- Hartman is expandable and will need a raise
- Kempny has played good
- pick is a pick

Blackhawks would get the best player but Kings get a bit cap relief, two legit players and pick.

Either one of Muzzin or Martinez would make Hawks a better team. We need one vet top-4 Dman to be a real threat.

If I were Chicago, I'm not sure I'd give up Hartman alone for either of those guys...

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You seem to forget to mention that JVR is a UFA next year. Kadri would have made more sense ( Before he had his awesome season last year) Bozak is getting a little long in the tooth (and is also ufa) So unless there was a conditional first( to do with us re signing JVR) it doesn't make sense for us to move our 2/3 dman locked up for a couple more years at 4mill. It probably still doesn't make sense even with a conditional pick, usually dmen hold more value.

Then make it JVR + conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if he doesn't resign, boom everybody is at least mildly happy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->