TSN: Muzzin/Martinez could be available for an upgrade to King's top 9

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Your not getting muzzin for a 3rd line forward. Think two 3rd liners and a pick

I mean still. Muzzin is a top-pairing defenceman easily, funny that we talk about the insane price of defencemen and Kings fans are willing to take depth for him.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I mean still. Muzzin is a top-pairing defenceman easily, funny that we talk about the insane price of defencemen and Kings fans are willing to take depth for him.
Two young players on elc have a lot of value He has not had the best season last year and not off to a great start so far this year. Also i don't see the kings making the trade unless all kinda things happen between now and then. The kings have never made a serious trade till after American Thanks giving I doubt we do one this early.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Girgensons+Kane for Muzzin
Girgensons has looked really good when playing with a good center. But our coaches always seem to demote him no matter how well he performs.
Kane kan help out on the third line.

The other option: Alexander Nylander.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I don't get it. Sure the Kings could use some help up front but who is going to step into the roles of these guys if they're traded?

Reactions: go4hockey

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I don't get it. Sure the Kings could use some help up front but who is going to step into the roles of these guys if they're traded?
both Fantenberg and Folin have played a few games with more then 20 mins and might be ready to move up. However until Ladue Gravel or Macdermid show they can play bottom pairing mins i would think that no trade is made. Again after American Thanksgiving get back to us we should be in a position to know what is going on better

Reactions: go4hockey

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Muzzin is sooooo good.

I'd give up A LOT to get him. Im not sure what his numbers are like when he is away from Doughty though.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Muzzin is sooooo good.

I'd give up A LOT to get him. Im not sure what his numbers are like when he is away from Doughty though.
He's not been paired with Doughty since 2014 when we won the Stanley Cup.

For the most part he's been alongside Alec Martinez.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He's not been paired with Doughty since 2014 when we won the Stanley Cup.

For the most part he's been alongside Alec Martinez.

Then that pretty much confirms what i thought about him in that he is really really good, and he isn't being proped up another player.

Legit top pairing D-man.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
The video discussion was using words like "I believe". Is this something we have to read between the lines and conclude there was a tip from a source?

I know one of Muzzin/Martinez is likely gone, almost certainly in the next 2 years. Kings have Clague and Ladue in the AHL and Fantenberg and Folin have both played well.

The freed up cap space as well as any future dump of Gaborik could free up a ton of space to sign a UFA Tavares. There are a number of reports speculating that the Kings have both the interest and the cap space to make a run at him if he hits UFA. I'd rather save any assets for a run at a UFA JT.

Last edited:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
^^^ Meant Devin Shore, not Drew. Trying to edit posts has become truly awful on this website.

Would also prefer shopping Martinez to Muzzin, if given the choice.

Reactions: Satan and go4hockey

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
If we deal Muzzin for 3rd liners at all I will be pissed at Blake and Co. 3rd liners offer your looking at AMart not Muzzin.
two young 3rd liners on elc with some upside would not be the worse thing we could do . As stated else where we have defense coming. We are short on talents forwards. This is the kinda trade we need

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Muzzin is sooooo good.

Hasn't played with Drew in years. Don't see why it's so hard for everyone to understand. He is a solid 2/3 guy on just about every team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad