TSN: Muzzin/Martinez could be available for an upgrade to King's top 9

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
As a Habs fan, I'd like to trade for Muzzin. What do you want from MTL, Kings fans?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The two biggest needs up front is another winger to play alongside Kopitar, and another center to play behind Kopitar and Carter. They've been trying to get Kempe acclimated to that position, but it isn't working out.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Lots of things need to happen for us to trade muzzin or martinez. First one of Gravel Ladue MacDermid must show they can handle 16 -21 mins a game. This has not been shown yet. Next Brodzinski Kempe Cammy Dowd would have to continue sucking. I think Iafallo will be just fine on the top line till Gaborik gets back. So i honestly don't see the need for a top winger to play with Kopitar. The 3rd line center maybe filled from within as when Gaborik gets back Iafallo could drop to 3 c or we promote Amadio from the ahl give him a shot. Should we trade martinez or Muzzin there would be more then a 3 c coming back as top 4 defense man signed cheap have a higher value then a 3 c.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Lots of things need to happen for us to trade muzzin or martinez. First one of Gravel Ladue MacDermid must show they can handle 16 -21 mins a game. This has not been shown yet. Next Brodzinski Kempe Cammy Dowd would have to continue sucking. I think Iafallo will be just fine on the top line till Gaborik gets back. So i honestly don't see the need for a top winger to play with Kopitar. The 3rd line center maybe filled from within as when Gaborik gets back Iafallo could drop to 3 c or we promote Amadio from the ahl give him a shot. Should we trade martinez or Muzzin there would be more then a 3 c coming back as top 4 defense man signed cheap have a higher value then a 3 c.

Basically, this.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Not sure if dealing Martinez or Muzzin makes the team better.. you can manage with 3 veteran top 4 dmen + young guys, but to thin it down isn't a good idea.. I think the younger guys have to show a bit more.

I understand they do need a forward though. If im the Kings i'd rather just deal a pick or two, now that Kopitar is looking like his old self they can realistically make the playoffs and make some noise if they can improve their team without giving up a key roster player.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Muzzin sure would look good on the Dallas defense. How about it Kings fans? Something reasonable catching your fancy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad