OT: Music Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Royce is overboard cocky. Plus he is almost 2 different rappers: years ago as an alcoholic vs now as sober for a few years/shady records deal.

I dunno, he's got bars for days and I seem to gravitate to his music 9/10 when I put on music.
I'm not sure I've ever heard a solo song if his I liked. I don't mind him as a "support" rapper, but I don't feel like he can carry a song or album on his own.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Hey I'm a big fan of hip-hop and have been since I was little. In the past 5 years or so, I've been listening to more meaningful stuff rather than just a beat I can dig, if you know what I'm saying. I came across Tonedeff, and he has the best flow I've ever heard and the lyrics are dope too. I know this sounds like an ad but I just wanted more people to listen to Tonedeff. Check out his new album here

https://tonedeff.bandcamp.com/album/polymer

He raps about anxiety, gluttony, failure and a lot of deep ****, especially about his own life. My personal favorite song is moment. Archetype (his one other album) is dope too, my favorite from there is porcelain.

Also, I've realized I don't listen to much music outside of what I like, and I was just wondering what are your guys favorites artists? I'd love to expand and hear more :)

Edit: oh and if you did listen to Tonedeff, I wonder what you thought? I've always thought he was amazing but I understand not everyone has the same taste

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hey I'm a big fan of hip-hop and have been since I was little. In the past 5 years or so, I've been listening to more meaningful stuff rather than just a beat I can dig, if you know what I'm saying. I came across Tonedeff, and he has the best flow I've ever heard and the lyrics are dope too. I know this sounds like an ad but I just wanted more people to listen to Tonedeff. Check out his new album here

https://tonedeff.bandcamp.com/album/polymer

He raps about anxiety, gluttony, failure and a lot of deep ****, especially about his own life. My personal favorite song is moment. Archetype (his one other album) is dope too, my favorite from there is porcelain.

Also, I've realized I don't listen to much music outside of what I like, and I was just wondering what are your guys favorites artists? I'd love to expand and hear more :)

Edit: oh and if you did listen to Tonedeff, I wonder what you thought? I've always thought he was amazing but I understand not everyone has the same taste

I need a mixture of of content. I want some heartfelt songs (2Pac's Brenda's Got a Baby or Anthony Hamilton's She's Gone), I want some weird songs (OutKast's ATLiens, Murs' Okie Dog Crib), I want some very violent songs (Ganksta NIP's Slaughterhoiuse, Brotha Lynch Hung's Meat Cleaver), I want sexual songs that objectify either sex because I find them amusing (Snoop Dogg's Ain't No Fun, Sexy Brown Sugar's Big Black Mandingo), songs that are club bangers (Nelly's Country Grammar, R. Kelly's Ignition Remix), I even want some drug ballad's even though I've never touched the stuff (UGK/E-40's White Girl, D12's Purple Pills), hell I will even occasionally list to foreign rappers if I like their beats and flow, even if I don't understand a word they are saying.

Music is an art and I appreciate the style and creativity.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I need a mixture of of content. I want some heartfelt songs (2Pac's Brenda's Got a Baby or Anthony Hamilton's She's Gone), I want some weird songs (OutKast's ATLiens, Murs' Okie Dog Crib), I want some very violent songs (Ganksta NIP's Slaughterhoiuse, Brotha Lynch Hung's Meat Cleaver), I want sexual songs that objectify either sex because I find them amusing (Snoop Dogg's Ain't No Fun, Sexy Brown Sugar's Big Black Mandingo), songs that are club bangers (Nelly's Country Grammar, R. Kelly's Ignition Remix), I even want some drug ballad's even though I've never touched the stuff (UGK/E-40's White Girl, D12's Purple Pills), hell I will even occasionally list to foreign rappers if I like their beats and flow, even if I don't understand a word they are saying.

Music is an art and I appreciate the style and creativity.

Cool man, I'll give those artists and songs a listen, have heard some of before too (love the ignition remix). I go through a wide variety of music too, stuff like System of a Down to Warren G.

Also, it's amazing how music in another language can be so awesome haha. I love listening to some foreign stuff too and even tho I have no clue what the person is saying, I can't help but love the song. Highly recommend "Tujhe dekha to ye jaana sanam", which is a love song in Hindi.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Guys it's amazing how powerful music can be. I've been going through a rough patch lately and I discovered a new artist that I really like and listening to the music has really helped put a smile on my face.

The artist is Mac DeMarco and I'd highly recommend listening to some of his stuff. It's not for everyone but it's helped me and I thought I would share.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guys it's amazing how powerful music can be. I've been going through a rough patch lately and I discovered a new artist that I really like and listening to the music has really helped put a smile on my face.

The artist is Mac DeMarco and I'd highly recommend listening to some of his stuff. It's not for everyone but it's helped me and I thought I would share.
What genre?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

He is a weird one :laugh:, relaxing music for sure though. I'm looking forward to his new album.

Last edited:

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
So definitely something not in my wheelhouse haha

Haha yeah man I figured but hey I'll link one of my favorites by him. I know you'll probably not dig it but yeah lol

He is a weird one :laugh:, relaxing music for sure though. I'm looking forward to his new album.

Yeah hes a unique personality for sure haha. I'm loving his albums so far and I am definitely excited for future releases.

Last edited:

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I've been listening to Cunninlynguists more and more lately and I'm really digging the music. My favorite album of theirs so far is "A Piece of Strange" but I dig the strange journeys as well. The genre is hiphop and if anyone wants to give it a quick listen, I'll link that album

herashak

Mar 24, 2013

I like the cunninglynguists too I haven't listened all the way through an album from them but i will at some point.

*NEW ***** I don't really listen to carti but A$ap always goes in.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I like the cunninglynguists too I haven't listened all the way through an album from them but i will at some point.

Yeah I love Kno as a producer, he does a great job. I dig A$ap too, gotta listen to more of his stuff

Been really enjoying the new Kendrick and Joey Bada$$ releases.

Yeah man I've really been enjoying "DAMN." too. Each time I listen to the album, I like it more and more haha

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Check out a couple songs if you guys want!

Sampha - Timmy's Prayer

and another song I just found today and I'm in love with

Rebelution - Fade Away

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What kind of music is it?

This isn't new, but right now I've really been into Marilyn Manson, Pale Emperor. Some good tunes on there if you like metal, Killing Strangers (off of John Wick), 6 Feet Deep and 7 Day Binge.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
What kind of music is it?

This isn't new, but right now I've really been into Marilyn Manson, Pale Emperor. Some good tunes on there if you like metal, Killing Strangers (off of John Wick), 6 Feet Deep and 7 Day Binge.

Sampha is soul, brother!

Not sure about Rebalution, but it's just a calm rock song.

Been vibing lately!

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I was a rock - Chance the Rapper

everyone please check this song out, kinda old. it was on the ESPYs i think. Chance is doing great things

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I've been listening to Cunninlynguists more and more lately and I'm really digging the music. My favorite album of theirs so far is "A Piece of Strange" but I dig the strange journeys as well. The genre is hiphop and if anyone wants to give it a quick listen, I'll link that album

"Caucasian" kills me every time I hear it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad