OT: Music Thread

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
You got some good album covers on there. If it were me, ODB's Return to the 36 Chambers would be on there too.

How about The Predator?

Ice_Cube_-_The_Predator_-_Album_Cover.jpg

How about finding covers for singles you like?
That is a good one too. As for singles, I honestly don't know what many look like lol

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
So kind of music related. I decided when I move, I am going to get 12"x12" canvas prints of some favorite album covers (both favorite in terms of artwork and just loving the album). However I am drawing a blank some classic covers that were really dope.

So far I know I will get:

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle & Koolaid
OutKast - ATLiens
Dr. Dre - The Chronic & 2001
Kurupt - Kuruption!
Nate Dogg - G Funk Classics
Warren G - Regulate
Eminem - Slim Shady LP
Makaveli - The Don Killuminati
Thug Life - Volume 1
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang
Method Man - Tical & 4:21
Wu-Massacre
GZA - Liquid Swords
Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep
DMX - Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood
Brotha Lynch Hung - Coathanga Strangla
ONYX - Shotgunz in Hell
Stevie Stone - Level Up

I'd like to get up to 50 of them so I can swap them out for a change and/or have them in multiple rooms.

I will also be getting 4 Flames ones (Black logo, current red logo, vintage red logo and white logo), will also be getting both classic autobots and decepticon logos, possibly ones of Optimus Prime and Megatron too.

I like the cover of the single "Bring The Pain" and as well as Tical for that matter lol

DEFJ5396512_1024x1024.jpeg

I also dig RZA's Afro Samurai one

Afrosamurai.jpg

Maybe put this one on the ceiling or something haha

N.W.A.StraightOuttaComptonalbumcover.jpg

"Illmatic" is a cool one imo and I also like "Return to the 36 Chambers" by ODB

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
UC, Ice Cube released the 25th anniversary edition of Death Certificate this week and that cover is dope too.
ice-cube-death-certificate-25th-anniversary-edition-593a47105063a-500x500.jpg

He also released a new video for Good Cop Bad Cop, which is one of 3 new tracks on the album. It really has that classic feel to me.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
HOLY ****!!! I got shivers listening to that! Yeah that's definitely got a classic vibe to it lyrically with a modern production. Looks like it's on spotify so I'm definitely gonna be listening to that during work tomorrow. And yeah, that is a cool album cover! I don't think I've listened to any of Ice Cube's stuff since his War album. Only the older stuff.

Thanks for the heads up!

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
HOLY ****!!! I got shivers listening to that! Yeah that's definitely got a classic vibe to it lyrically with a modern production. Looks like it's on spotify so I'm definitely gonna be listening to that during work tomorrow. And yeah, that is a cool album cover! I don't think I've listened to any of Ice Cube's stuff since his War album. Only the older stuff.

Thanks for the heads up!
Really? You should check out his "I am the West" album, it's 7 years old now, but I loved it. It's more like "Hello" and less like "You can do it"

Also the video for "Mount Kushmore" by Snoop, Meth, Red and B-Real is amazing. It's also the perfect 4 guys for a track of that title.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Really? You should check out his "I am the West" album, it's 7 years old now, but I loved it. It's more like "Hello"

I'll give it a listen to. I kinda stopped listening to his stuff cause I've always felt angry Ice Cube is the best Ice Cube and he kinda fell off after he it was apparent he was getting too well fed from that Are We There Yet money to be mad about anything.

and less like "You can do it"

I was wondering why this sounded familiar and I looked it up on Youtube. Now I remember why I forgot about it :laugh:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I'll give it a listen to. I kinda stopped listening to his stuff cause I've always felt angry Ice Cube is the best Ice Cube and he kinda fell off after he it was apparent he was getting too well fed from that Are We There Yet money to be mad about anything.

I was wondering why this sounded familiar and I looked it up on Youtube. Now I remember why I forgot about it :laugh:
He definitely was slipping, no doubt. I didn't mind alot of the tracks on the 2 War & Peace albums, but I didn't like much after until he released I am the West.

Drink the Kool-Aid is a track you should definitely check out.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Also Ice Cubejust signed with Interscope. Remember back in the day when there were rumors of a Dre/Cube album after doing Natural Born Killaz? It was tentatively title Helter Skelter. It might be 20+ years late, but maybe now that they are on the same label it could come to fruition.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Prodigy of Mobb Deep died today. Sounds like it might be tied to having sickle cell anemia, which he's had since birth.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
The Prodigy news hurt he grew up in the trenches of New York hip hop and really shaped it. If i could rap like one rapper ever it would be Prodigy, or maye Big Pun. Nobody could flip short lines like P, there was a reason he was sampled and scratched by so many rappers and DJs.

"I used to drive a ac (cadillac) and kept a mac in the engine, Littles painted it black with crack sale intentions"

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Are you sure it wasn't the children's music?
Yeah pretty sure. The group also does English music. They are a grimy german hiup-hop group that works with and produces for ONYX. Also I heard "Luger" quite a bit, so I assume someone is getting capped.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
^ College dropout was my favorite by Kanye

but

Good kid maad city > your favorite album

Kendrick is probably (definitely) the better lyricist and artist, but I prefer Schoolboy Q's music. I enjoyed Blank Face and Oxymoron more than DAMN. TPAB, Good kid etc but that's just due to Q having a flow and style that I like better.

Kendrick is ****ing amazing tho. TDE is dope as a whole

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Kendrick is probably (definitely) the better lyricist and artist, but I prefer Schoolboy Q's music. I enjoyed Blank Face and Oxymoron more than DAMN. TPAB, Good kid etc but that's just due to Q having a flow and style that I like better.

Kendrick is ****ing amazing tho. TDE is dope as a whole

I like TDE, I also like Pro Era.

Some of my favorite artists right now and have been for a while are;

Chance, Noname, Token, Mac Miller, Merkules, Sampha (not rap but still check him out)

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Just bought some tickets to see Kendrick/Travis Scott/DRAM in Vancouver. Will be a fun road trip with my girlfriend who has never seen a rap show before. So I splurged and got floor seats, 9th row dead center stage. :laugh:

3rd time seeing Kendrick, and couldn't be more excited. DAMN. is one of my favorite albums in the past 5-10 years.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Just bought some tickets to see Kendrick/Travis Scott/DRAM in Vancouver. Will be a fun road trip with my girlfriend who has never seen a rap show before. So I splurged and got floor seats, 9th row dead center stage. :laugh:

3rd time seeing Kendrick, and couldn't be more excited. DAMN. is one of my favorite albums in the past 5-10 years.

Analytically, I have to say, that your purchase was garbage.
Here's some metrics I made up.

((L*D)+(W/G))/(A^2)

Now you can see why going to a Kendrick show, wasn't the best idea.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Analytically, I have to say, that your purchase was garbage.
Here's some metrics I made up.

((L*D)+(W/G))/(A^2)

Now you can see why going to a Kendrick show, wasn't the best idea.

:laugh::laugh:

The lyrics/60 are lower than say a Yachty show.

Yachty > Kendrick confirmed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->