OT: Music Thread

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm not sure if there's a thread on this yet, I didn't check. If so, IDGAF.

Anyways, instead of using the Off-Topic thread, I thought it'd be better to post music related stuff in this thread. Mods, if this isn't appropriate, do what you need to do.

Anyways, Drake is gunna release his mixtape tonight with Future. Can't wait!

talk music, show your stuff if you have any music, anything is welcome

Last edited:

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Hip-Hop through and through. But I do listen to some Jazz or Blues on occasion. For my hip-hop very little is post 2005 and I listen to R&B quite often, especially Anthony Hamilton

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
@Beats by Cord

I know, but I didn't want 30 different categories for a poll, so I clumped rap, trap, and RnB together. No need to act salty because I did a "hip hop' sin.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
For the record, I'm not being disingenuous. 90% of what I listen to is Irish trad. I've played fiddle since I was 6 and recently got into playing the mandolin, whistle and uilleann pipes (which take all my playing time now).

The other 10% is whatever **** my fiancée wants to listen to on the radio.

May 27, 2012
Earth
For the record, I'm not being disingenuous. 90% of what I listen to is Irish trad. I've played fiddle since I was 6 and recently got into playing the mandolin, whistle and uilleann pipes (which take all my playing time now).

The other 10% is whatever **** my fiancée wants to listen to on the radio.

I was hoping you would quote my post, but you didn't.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I’ll listen to alt. rock and electronic mostly, although I’m also one to listen to some hard(er) rock and some pop. A couple jazz and rap songs too.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I like a lot of stuff, occasionally I fall for some silly radio fodder song but I try to listen to stuff that's not mainstream.

Also, **** country.

Timeless Enigma

Jun 9, 2007
Richmond, BC
I've moved through different musical styles throughout my years.
As of right now I'm in what I'd call my Jazz era. I listen to mostly bebop oriented stuff from around the 1950s to today. Jazz is so huge and its influence can be heard in so many other musical styles (from bossa nova to progressive rock to hip-hop to pop). A shame it's so overlooked.

I also listen to electronic music, but not as much as I used to. Used to listen to a lot of trance, house, ambient/chillout, acid jazz.

I think over the years I've moved away from listening to mostly electronic styles and into more acoustic styles of music.

I try to hear the music live whenever I can though. After a live set, listening to music on the trip back home just isn't the same.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
^ I love live music. I've seen bands who I have loved live and otherwise wouldn't have listened to them at all. Not a fan of rap in the least but Shad is the man (as one example)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->