Moose Season Discussion

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
To Moose-watchers:
Looking from a distance, it seems as if Heinola is heating up--goals in back to back games and points in 5 out of 6. Is he finding his preseason form again after a slow return from injury? How's he playing defensively?
He's been the best defenseman since he's returned. Seems to have helped settle down everyone on the back end. Defensively he's looked a little tentative in board battles but looked a lot more aggressive the two games before today, unfortunately I missed today's game.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
With the Moose having been playing well and getting back into a PO position AND him playing a part in that it is odd. My guess is that he wanted out of the org. Who knows why? Maybe to get closer to home?
He was healthy scratched between February 19th and March 10th, then healthy scratched again the next game and has been in and out of the lineup all season, he also has no points in his past 13 games which dates back to December 22nd. Not sure you can really say he played much of a part in them getting back into a playoff position at all.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He was healthy scratched between February 19th and March 10th, then healthy scratched again the next game and has been in and out of the lineup all season, he also has no points in his past 13 games which dates back to December 22nd. Not sure you can really say he played much of a part in them getting back into a playoff position at all.

OK, I wasn't aware of that. I looked at his point totals and I thought I remembered him scoring a little recently. So much for my memory. :laugh:

Reactions: Atoyot

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
How do the playoffs work in the AHL? Five teams from the Central?
AHL is a bit odd because the divisions are unbalanced. So:

Central = five teams qualify
North = five teams qualify
Pacific = seven teams qualify
Atlantic = six teams qualify

Then they have a best of 3 play-in round.

Teams that automatically advance:

Central =1st, 2nd & 3rd
North = 1st, 2nd & 3rd
Pacific = 1st
Atlantic = 1st & 2nd

So all other teams except ones above play in that best of 3 for chance to make the best of 5 Division Semifinals.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Huge game right now against Chicago who are chasing the Moose for the final playoff spot. They're 4 points back with 1 game in hand. 1-1 after the 1st period.

Reactions: hn777

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ford with a gorgeous tip on the powerplay. Heinola and Lambert with the assists. 3-1.
Henry Ford may have instituted the five-day work week like an absolute wienie, but at least he’s contributing to the Moose’s playoff push.

Reactions: Atoyot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad