Annoying TV commercials during Stanley Cup playoffs - US and Canada

BIeucheeseWithWings

Jul 9, 2022
It would be nice to see my type of ethnics on tv for every commercial; it must be law that only two races are mandatory for Canadian commercials.

Dec 15, 2002
It is this AT&T ad—I love Shai, but not like this:

As others have mentioned, the AT&T one that has 2 NBA stars emasculating themselves by singing a Christina Aguilera song they weren't old enough to remember.
The AT&T one from March Madness with the two people singing out of tune was terrible, and somehow conveyed over to the SC playoffs.
The commercial with the two basketball players singing a stupid song out of tune.
That "what a pro wants" commercial is quickly turning into my least favorite commercial of the playoffs so far.
"What a pro wants, what a pro needs." A group of people actually sat in a room and talked this one over and thought it was a good idea?
This is the runaway winner, and I swear to god it plays every f***ing commercial break.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Tony Hand was an Oiler draft pick in the Gretzky era.

Indeed. Tony *Hale* is the comedian who was unlaughably miscast in these Verizon ads. Tony Hale is a hilarious comedian at playing timid, neurotic, and sheltered. That they cast him as a smug and smarmy character in these Verizon ads is an absolute miss for his comedy skill set.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I actually like these Nerdwallet commercials with our future old selves admonishing us to invest more wisely.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Indeed. Tony *Hale* is the comedian who was unlaughably miscast in these Verizon ads. Tony Hale is a hilarious comedian at playing timid, neurotic, and sheltered. That they cast him as a smug and smarmy character in these Verizon ads is an absolute miss for his comedy skill set.
Yes . He was hilarious as Buster in Arrested D.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
This is the runaway winner, and I swear to god it plays every f***ing commercial break.
IMG_0927.gif

Gormo

Holupchi
Nov 12, 2010
who watches ads? when ads come on you switch to the BlueJays game or get a drink of something.
I dont think its coincidence that this specific thread exists, since the ads this playoffs have been especially terrible.
When you get hit by the "What a pro wants" ad, then that completely idiotic "Avs couple" ad, then that gambling ad with that gimp who thinks Americans know nothing about hockey in close succession, it can be excruciating if you dont have the remote control.

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t mute the commercials every time. No reason to allow yourself to be bombarded with 4-5 mins of corporate messaging with no redeeming qualities if you don’t have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad