Moose Season Discussion

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Feel bad for anyone who went to the Moose game today. Lost 4-0 at home against Milwaukee.
Fairly typical Moose game experience this season tbh. I guess the Moose weren't about to end the Admirals winning streak... that's 16 in a row for Milwaukee.

I'm going Monday, I don't expect a much better result but I am hoping for a goal :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Fairly typical Moose game experience this season tbh. I guess the Moose weren't about to end the Admirals winning streak... that's 16 in a row for Milwaukee.

I'm going Monday, I don't expect a much better result but I am hoping for a goal :laugh:
When I was going to Moose games, all I ever hoped for was to win free pancakes and not be seated near screeching children. :nod:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

Feels like a fairly typical Moose game experience every season :laugh:

I’ve gone to a couple games each year since they’ve been back and I don’t think I’ve ever actually been to a win, even in years when they make the playoffs haha

Reactions: jetsmooseice

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Moose getting demolished on home ice. 3-0 Calgary in the 2nd. They aren’t threatening at all.

I really wish True North would put more effort into making the Moose competitive.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose lost some good AHL defensemen from last season. Probably the main reason for the team's horrid record this year.

Chibrikov has something like 4 pts. in his last 12 games.
2 of their 3 best defensemen, and they didn't have the third for most of this season in Heinola.

Lambert had 3 in his past 10. They're kids, they'll have ups and downs.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Have you ever been in a group project in high school or university where one of the people in the group doesn’t do anything and expects the other partners to pick up the slack?

Well, if the Moose were a group project, then True North is that partner. Except they don’t realize they’re the only person in the group.

I get they prioritize prospect development over winning, but this inability to field a competitive team certainly harms the viewers’ experience.

They’ll probably win tonight because I’m flaming them :laugh:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Moose games are kind of "intro to hockey" for a lot of people new to the game, including kids. But I wonder how many people are being turned off forever by the spectacular dullness of the games they've played this season.

It feels like each and every game this season has been a nondescript 4-1 loss played in front of a tiny, disengaged crowd.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose win! I didn't watch but they were down 2-0 going into the 3rd and won 4-2 without an empty net against the best goalie in the league for 2 years running, and probably a 3rd this year. Excited to see the highlights!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad