Moose Season Discussion

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Also I note former Winnipeg ICE playmaking D Ben Zloty played his third game for the Stars yesterday.

He also seems to be slowly evolving into 1992 Jaromir Jagr

download.php

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose up 2-1 after the 1st. Lambert with a goal and an assist, assist given to Jonsson-Fjallby for now but that's incorrect.

Milic was mostly good, but awful goal to let in.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Malott completes the hattrick to tie it at 4.

EDIT: Capobianco continues to be great offensively, bad defensively. Great at delivering very tippable shots.

I still don't see Askarov being overly successful. Always fun to watch the Hasek type goalies but very rare that they work out without a great defense in front of them at the NHL level. Too easy for more skilled players to exploit.

Fjallby 5-4.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Such an exciting player to watch. I am hoping he can develop / refine those center responsibilities.
Yeah I think he'll be a player, I just don't see him doing what he needs to do to be successful as a center. When he does find himself in a position to make a defensive play he tends to try to use his stick a lot and takes penalties.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose win 5-4 with a few amazing saves by Milic in the final seconds.

After the final buzzer L'Heureux cross-checks Ford in the upper back hard, then sucker punches him when he turns around, Viel goes after him and then when they're separated L'Heureux goes straight to Ford and sucker punches him in the face again. They fight but neither got any good shots in.

I'm going to find a way to record this, what a loser L'Heureux is.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Next time a call-up is required, I think Mallott should be given a chance.

He is never even part of the conversation, he's just stuck in that "career minor leaguer" box despite decent scoring prowess. Why is that? Is that a Winnipeg-specific thing or would he be in the same situation with most NHL teams save for maybe the bottom-feeders?

Anyway, that's four in a row for the Moose, bay bay. There's some life left in that bunch! They're going to have to go on one hell of a heater to make the playoffs at this point but it's encouraging to see that they're still playing hard. I might have to make it down to CLC to catch a game soon. (And when I do, it will end up being the usual 4-1 loss haha)

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad