OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Joey said that he never once contacted Nesta for the coaching position and that he has no idea where this information came from. He also said that he reassured his staff regarding these rumors. f***.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was sure the new deal had been announced already. It's great in any case, the organization really needs him. We'll have to find a way to build a better lineup around him and Blerim now. There are still a lot of question marks and only some can be answered internally.

The only thing that was announced was that an extension was signed. There were no details revealed until today. I think they had said it would be announced after the season is over, but I think now that IMFC is officially eliminated from the playoffs, they proceeded in the press conference today.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Top 5 salary in the league means at least 5M right? Now if he could spend some of that dough for a top Striker we'd be in business

Welp. That's already our payroll for the full team in the last year, I'm not expecting much more

... and if the rumor about keeping the staff is true. lol. just. lol.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Joey said that he never once contacted Nesta for the coaching position and that he has no idea where this information came from. He also said that he reassured his staff regarding these rumors. ****.

f***.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
so the US is out of the World Cup

Against all f*ing odds

In order for this to happen, the three underdogs (Honduras, Panama and Trinidad) had to respectively beat Mexico, Costa Rica and USA. A single tie or loss from any of the three matches and USA would’ve been in.

And what happened? All three underdogs won

So much drama tonight. The other surprise was Chile failing to qualify as well. Also, Paraguay played at home against the worst CONMEBOL team, they needed a tie or a win. Guess what? They lost.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
And Argentina risks not qualifying either.

Edit: forget what I said. I heard them saying it today on the World Cup qualifying shows and forgot they had a game tonight that they had to win or else they would be out. They won.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Against all f*ing odds

In order for this to happen, the three underdogs (Honduras, Panama and Trinidad) had to respectively beat Mexico, Costa Rica and USA. A single tie or loss from any of the three matches and USA would’ve been in.

And what happened? All three underdogs won

So much drama tonight. The other surprise was Chile failing to qualify as well. Also, Paraguay played at home against the worst CONMEBOL team, they needed a tie or a win. Guess what? They lost.

This is a lesson learned. NEVER depend on other teams' results in hopes to qualify. Cough cough* IMFC. Who knows, maybe Mexico lost to Honduras on purpose just to piss off their arch rival. Panama will participate for the first time which is surprising considering they always drew good results in Gold Cups. What's really ironic is that all these countries have MLS players as their core (Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica and Mexico... soon) As for the US they have to stop underestimating opponents. Their problem is they play the wrong players... move on from Dempsey, Howard, Gonzalez, Guzan, Beasley, Cameron, Ream. Pratically their whole team outside of Pulisic, Altidore and Yedlin.

CONCACAF is the hardest place to qualify worldwide.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
A long hard work waiting for Zambrano. Ballou will regret his choice to refuse to join us, too bad for him. There is a coherent project that is being created and the supporters are more concerned with the national team. Also, several good players with a dual nationality seem motivated to wear the red and white jersey.We will see what is going to come in the years to come.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The staff returning? Joey, you are a dumb fan boy who enables your friends to destroy your beloved team. Way to go loser. Saputo and Geoff Molson should start the "We are the dumb brother in charge of the vanity project" club.

Reactions: TRG

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The staff returning? Joey, you are a dumb fan boy who enables your friends to destroy your beloved team. Way to go loser. Saputo and Geoff Molson should start the "We are the dumb brother in charge of the vanity project" club.

And then you have Wetenhall who makes so many changes and enforces who will be replaced and by who.

Montreal sports ain't looking too good right now.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
Question: Why are the Impact so cheap? The Saputo family is worth $ 10 billion. I sometimes hear Tony justifying their cheapness ("WEll it costs $X for this and $Y for that!!!!") but it seems completely odd to me.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Question: Why are the Impact so cheap? The Saputo family is worth $ 10 billion. I sometimes hear Tony justifying their cheapness ("WEll it costs $X for this and $Y for that!!!!") but it seems completely odd to me.

Joey isn't cheap, he is just dumb with the money he does spend. They overpay for bad bench players and they badly use their INT spots on said bad players/Bologna retreads.

He would get the money he needs to spend more if he were allocating the resources he does have properly. The first smart spending he could do would be "pantouffle de ciment" for NDS and his brother-in-law.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You could also argue that Joey isn't Lino Jr, president of Saputo and Co. Joey's worth is probably not that much (unless you consider Saputo's stadium and la Caserne, IMFC and Bologna FC)

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
In the mind of this guy, Impact is his property and he does what he wants with it. In the time when the club almost disappeared there was only him who believed in this club. He wants solely the spotlight to be on him (no Groupe de socios otherwise it's not going to be in his own interests + no shareholders who can help the club by financing + his relationship with the ultras deteriorated).

If he manages (this word doesn't exist in his vocabulary according to him in the world of soccer) the team like his company of cheese we wouldn't be in this actual situation. Completely outdated, harmful entourage and the same mistakes are repeated continually. If he's continuing like this, he'll go out through the small door.

Be careful to not swallow the pills they will give you to eat with the extension of Piatti then the rumors on Nesta. It's a strategy to divert our attention to the real problems

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
In the mind of this guy, Impact is his property and he does what he wants with it. In the time when the club almost disappeared there was only him who believed in this club. He wants solely the spotlight to be on him (no Groupe de socios otherwise it's not going to be in his own interests + no shareholders who can help the club by financing + his relationship with the ultras deteriorated).

If he manages (this word doesn't exist in his vocabulary according to him in the world of soccer) the team like his company of cheese we wouldn't be in this actual situation. Completely outdated, harmful entourage and the same mistakes are repeated continually. If he's continuing like this, he'll go out through the small door.

Be careful to not swallow the pills they will give you to eat with the extension of Piatti then the rumors on Nesta. It's a strategy to divert our attention to the real problems
Well the FTQ invested in the impact, though it is certainly a silent partner and it was a relatively small amount (CAD$7.5M).
https://www.fondsftq.com/fr-ca/sall...mmunique.aspx?nom=20120203-impact-de-montreal
You can't really say Joey is unwilling to go for help for funding.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Let Joey keep sabotaging his own business, and maybe well be lucky enough that he's forced to sell it to ambitious buyers who have a vision and will do what it takes to be winners.

About the US, I'm not surprised, they had it coming. They dont deserve to be at the WC. Teams like Panama and Costa Rica deserve to be there. Especially Panama, they always get concafu***d. Mexico, USA and Honduras always going to the WC is a waste of our spots. We'll never make this region better if its only those three that get the opportunity to play competitively against the best teams of other regions.

I'm devastated that Chile wont be there. Last year I was honestly convinced we were going to the finals in Russia, and probably win it all. But how they've played this year, they dont deserve to be there either.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Let Joey keep sabotaging his own business, and maybe well be lucky enough that he's forced to sell it to ambitious buyers who have a vision and will do what it takes to be winners.

About the US, I'm not surprised, they had it coming. They dont deserve to be at the WC. Teams like Panama and Costa Rica deserve to be there. Especially Panama, they always get concafu***d. Mexico, USA and Honduras always going to the WC is a waste of our spots. We'll never make this region better if its only those three that get the opportunity to play competitively against the best teams of other regions.

I'm devastated that Chile wont be there. Last year I was honestly convinced we were going to the finals in Russia, and probably win it all. But how they've played this year, they dont deserve to be there either.
I stayed up until 3 am watching Panama going crazy over the qualif., really proud even if that first goal was absolute conca-horseshit. It's mind blowing Chile wont be there, one of my favorite teams to watch the last few years.

icerocket

Jan 4, 2008
Atlantis
If he manages (this word doesn't exist in his vocabulary according to him in the world of soccer) the team like his company of cheese we wouldn't be in this actual situation.

So you want him to pair up with the mafia and block the competition?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Joey isn't cheap, he is just dumb with the money he does spend. They overpay for bad bench players and they badly use their INT spots on said bad players/Bologna retreads.

He would get the money he needs to spend more if he were allocating the resources he does have properly. The first smart spending he could do would be "pantouffle de ciment" for NDS and his brother-in-law.
Excuse me?

We're hella cheap.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/25/mls-team-payrolls-2017/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad