OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Missed the game thankfully but how did Jackson miss that? What happened with him after the game? what was the issue

Reactions: dinodebino

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
and a new team

we can keep Dzemaili, Cabrera, Piette and Piatti

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd go with ''burn it down and start over'' . But then again I don't really think that would be accurate, it's not such a bad lineup on paper at all. The execution is the issue here.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
The are some quality players on the team. Coaching is abysmal but I don't think Joey has the balls to fire his buddy Biello.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I just want to know the reasoning behind using that formation last night. It hasn't worked at all every other time they tried it, so why try it again in such a crucial game? Our goddamn season is on the line for ****'s sake. I can't even describe how frustrated I was last night.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I don't know about Tabla anymore, he's been average since May/June

The only coach that was able to make these young guys progress now plays in Phoenix.

The technical staff needs to be rethought and rebuilt. Should've been done years ago.

Hey remember when they wanted to write down their principles of play to have them applied throughout the academy up to the first team :laugh:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The only thing I remember is... that we actually have the Academy coaches coaching the main team

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Don't we already have one of those? Or is he supposed to be some kind of Italian Drogba-lite?

NewBlood

Sep 8, 2005
Isn't that the guy we tried to sign the winter after Di Vaio left and who didn't come because his wife didn't let him?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I liked Gilardino back then but right now I don't think he is of any help. He just doesn't have the legs to keep up anymore. Would be a useless pick up.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He should go play in Miami. Even there, I don't think he'll be their main forward. If we sign this has-been, Saputo is basically insulting fans. We already have a garbage striker, no need for 2, but knowing how this team get hard-ons for old Italian players, I think we can call him a new imfc member. Struggle in '17, More struggle to come in '18 by the sound it.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He should go play in Miami. Even there, I don't think he'll be their main forward. If we sign this has-been, Saputo is basically insulting fans. We already have a garbage striker, no need for 2, but knowing how this team get hard-ons for old Italian players, I think we can call him a new imfc member. Struggle in '17, More struggle to come in '18 by the sound it.

The last time an italian player trained with the team, ie Donadel, he was signed right after. Although, before complaining, I'll let the guy play a few minutes.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The last time an italian player trained with the team, ie Donadel, he was signed right after. Although, before complaining, I'll let the guy play a few minutes.

Surely, I can complain, this team is in critical condition in attack and your solution is a 35 yo very past his prime, who hasn't scored a goal in years? This guy flopped in China. The only good thing is that he's World Cup winner, so with his addition (and most likely Pirlo departure) this league will have WC winners from the 2002 edition to 2014.

Donadel wasn't signed when he was 35 and he isn't a forward and what has Donadel done for this team? He's average at best. Piette came in and took his spot, the team looked alot better instantly, that says a lot. We should just move on from old Italian players, they aren't a good fit. And I know you're gonna bring up MDV, but he is the exception he was still banging goals in Serie A before he joined us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad