OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
No rest for Dzemaili, it's him without the permission of Biello that he writes his name in the starting eleven :D

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
What's his salary again? The double post is the single action to remember in this half-time, nothing to report on our side

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Drogba must've put a spell on Mancosu for stealing his starting job like with Torres, Lukaku and Sheva.:sarcasm:

That was utterly pathetic. Never seen such a horrid performance by a striker in my entire life. If Mancosu keeps playing you know he has pictures of Biello or something...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Most players that played today should not be back next year, especially Mancosu, Oduro and Bernardello. Mancosu wasn't this bad last year, I just can't believe he became this bad in a few months... I want to see Romero again in the next game, then maybe they can decide if he's still worth a shot for next year (if he's still under contract) or not. They need to be very active in the winter transfers... I wonder if we can get Larin from Orlando now that they have Dwyer (that's if Larin doesn't go to Europe)

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The impact had a good game. The goal TFC scored should have never happened if the MLS employed competent referees.

I think the team has good basis to build on for next year. I think we have 2 crying needs that absolutely need to be addressed:
1) better coaching
2) DP material playmaker - we need our own Bradley. Would be more important to have than a DP striker IMO.

I'd let go Boldor, Oduro and Bernardello for sure. Probably Mancosu and Maybe Camara.

For a guy that didn't play for 2 years I thought Romero has been decent in the games he played. He was certainly a lot more noticeable than Ballou tonight.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Most players that played today should not be back next year, especially Mancosu, Oduro and Bernardello. Mancosu wasn't this bad last year, I just can't believe he became this bad in a few months... I want to see Romero again in the next game, then maybe they can decide if he's still worth a shot for next year (if he's still under contract) or not. They need to be very active in the winter transfers... I wonder if we can get Larin from Orlando now that they have Dwyer (that's if Larin doesn't go to Europe)

Kreis has always said their plan is to play Larin and Dwyer upfront in a diamond 4-4-2 and to stop thinking the reason they acquired Dwyer was to be Larin's replacement because I gotta be honest it was the easiest thing to assume. That's why they brought in the Peruvian winger Yotun as a DP (so they can play him at LM). So Larin isn't for sale. If Larin were to leave Orlando it would be for Europe, nowhere else... unless someone is crazy enough to overpay for his service. Even if we could lure him in who do you trade him for?

And they are actively looking for a Kaka successor as #10 to play behind both strikers. James Rodriguez is heavily linked with Orlando. Oh and NYCFC.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
And they are actively looking for a Kaka successor as #10 to play behind both strikers. James Rodriguez is heavily linked with Orlando. Oh and NYCFC.

LOLLLLLL.

James is still young and worth in the 50 mil range on a transfer fee. There's no way in hell he comes to the MLS at his age. I'll neveer forget how he carried Columbia on his back a couple years ago, right before being transfered to Real Madrid.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
LOLLLLLL.

James is still young and worth in the 50 mil range on a transfer fee. There's no way in hell he comes to the MLS at his age. I'll neveer forget how he carried Columbia on his back a couple years ago, right before being transfered to Real Madrid.

It'd be a loan, not a permanent transfer. RM would still pay a good chunk of his salary. Ancelotti left Bayern and he was the reason why James joined Bayern in the first place, now James wants to return to Madrid because he doesn't play anymore for Bayern but everybody knows he won't play under Zidane anymore and this is a World Cup year so gotta find a place where he can get minutes. A bit similar to Julio Cesar years ago when he joined TFC on loan from QPR before playing for Brazil.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It'd be a loan, not a permanent transfer. RM would still pay a good chunk of his salary. Ancelotti left Bayern and he was the reason why James joined Bayern in the first place, now James wants to return to Madrid because he doesn't play anymore for Bayern but everybody knows he won't play under Zidane anymore and this is a World Cup year so gotta find a place where he can get minutes. A bit similar to Julio Cesar years ago when he joined TFC on loan from QPR before playing for Brazil.
I will be floored if James ends up in MLS. That's a league changing move imo, even if it's a loan.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I'd take him back in Madrid in a minute if he is ready to accept the same kind of role he had last year. I know Zidane wants to delevelop the young spaniards we bought, but James is a world-class player and we are 5 points down after not even 10 rounds. RMCF can definitely use him. Will they want to bring him back though? Unlikely. He won't start over Isco, Modric, Kroos or Ronaldo. He will be behind Asensio, Bale (who is always hurt though) and perhaps Vazquez. I'd take him back, not sure the club would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->