OT: Montreal Impact thread: Is it 2018 yet? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Meh. He's been successful in the USL and the NASL but it would feel like another ''lets keep it inside the familia'' thing. This franchise just loves nepotism doesn't it ?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
it's already hard enough to bring any good players, our ratio of good players vs average player is so low. The last year was:

Dzemaili, Piette vs Boldor, Bernardello, Mancosu, Lovitz, Francis, ?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Meh. He's been successful in the USL and the NASL but it would feel like another ''lets keep it inside the familia'' thing. This franchise just loves nepotism doesn't it ?

I think he could be good for this team. He has had success everywhere he has been, whether it is oaching brazil academy teams or 2nd level of NA soccer.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Yeah, Dos Santos is somewhat successful as a coach. Though, I'd rather someone that has the stature of a Nesta, someone that players can respect and look up to, someone that has won important titles. It helps to sign players and keep them settled when you have someone like that coaching and training the team. As a player you know you'll be prepared by someone that has experience and has won at the highest levels. Right now, players look at our coahcing staff and are undoubtedly underwhelmed by the local USL/NASL star (with all due respect) and the other scrubs coaching the team.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Yeah, Dos Santos is somewhat successful as a coach. Though, I'd rather someone that has the stature of a Nesta, someone that players can respect and look up to, someone that has won important titles. It helps to sign players and keep them settled when you have someone like that coaching and training the team. As a player you know you'll be prepared by someone that has experience and has won at the highest levels. Right now, players look at our coahcing staff and are undoubtedly underwhelmed by the local USL/NASL star (with all due respect) and the other scrubs coaching the team.
They don't desire to know anything about coaches with a strong personality and competent (Marsch/Schällibaum got sacked). What they longing is coaches without balls who can control them like a puppet(Biello)

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
So I was scrolling through Twitter, learned that Camara's contract is up. To be honest, I think we should move on.

Also read that Oyongo would like to re-sign with the team. Hope he stays.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
So I was scrolling through Twitter, learned that Camara's contract is up. To be honest, I think we should move on.

Also read that Oyongo would like to re-sign with the team. Hope he stays.

I’d take Camara back in a depth role like this year. We are always very short on full backs and with Oyongo out early for the season and Duvall injured every now and then, Camara filled an alright role. Do we have a FB in the academy?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I’d take Camara back in a depth role like this year. We are always very short on full backs and with Oyongo out early for the season and Duvall injured every now and then, Camara filled an alright role. Do we have a FB in the academy?
Nah let's move on. Rosenberry is not particularly happy with Philly. Sometimes Camara can be a straight up dumbass and we will need someone who can challenge Duvall because he can be inconsistent. Honestly, I think Rosenberry is better than Duvall.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I absolutely hated Camara for most of he year, I can't say I would be all that sad to see him go. That said, we could do worse than him in a depth role, if he's willing to accept that. He can play all around the defense and he's rangy so he can still bring some versatility to a lineup. Just not as a starter .

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah I think it's time to move on from Camara. That being said, I respect everything he did for the team. He's a true OG Impact just like Bush. But it's time to move on.

As for St-Ambroise, it's great to hear he wants to re-sign, he was dearly missed. It is nice to see that he acclimated well to Montréal after complaining about the trade with NYRB and refusing to report.

As for the coach, I too would prefer Nesta to Dos Santos, but those who think Dos Santos will be a puppet of De Santis need to get a grip. The guy has his own philosophy altogether and that's why he left IMFC in the first place. He wanted to manage the team his way, but NDS probably got involved too much to his liking and he resigned. Pretty sure Marc Dos Santos will only come back on his own terms. He is proven enough that I'm fairly certain he will soon get hired in the MLS, even if he doesn't become the Impact's next coach.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Time flies, it looks like it was yesterday that Camara signed with IMFC. Give him (and Pat) a farewell ceremony, that's the best thing we can do. Oyongo at the beginning it was complicated as with Ignacio (didn't seems to be enthusiastic about playing here). Little by little, the city became tattooed on his heart. Give him a new contract, he's the king of Snapchat (work hard to recover from his injury ), as well as it's a safe value in his position

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Oyongo wants to stay? Sign him ASAP, he's easily one of the best lb's in the league and our best player along with Piatti and Dzemaili.

Reactions: TRG

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I'm really surprised Oyongo is not looking for moving to Europe. I mean, he could do worse than living in Montreal but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad